Just back from HM

jctweets

Earning My Ears
I came back the other day after spending 5 nights at Disney. We arrived on 7/22. DH and I had the Discovery Magic package, and we think it was well worth it.

Here is a summary of what we did, and what we would reccommend.

Monday
- Dinner at Narcossee's in the Grand Floridian (didn't spend a cent at that time for dinner...included in package) Highly reccommend it.
- Priority seating at the MK for Fantasy in the Sky. I don't really reccommend this. They weren't the best seats.

Tuesday
- Dinner at Beaches & Cream in the Beach Club Resort. They were really good. Small menu, but good food.

Wednesday
-Photo session - pics are up on the web, and they came out great. They said about 4-6 weeks to get the album.
-Luau at Polynesian. Highly reccommend this. Make sure that your wife/husband doesn't spill anything on them before they call the honeymooners up. My DH spilled some ribs on his, and he was too embarassed to go up.

Thursday
- Chef Mickey's for breakfast (In Contemporary) - even though it's more for "kids", I highly reccommend doing some kind of character dining experience
- At MGM, I highly reccommend 50's Primetime Cafe. It's an entertaining experience if you've never been there before.
- Portobello Yacht Club (or something like that) at Downtown Disney...great food.

Friday
- Dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse - wasn't very impressed with the food.

Saturday
- Keys to the Kingdom Tour - if you've ever wondered about the behind the scenes of Disney, this is a great tour. However, don't order a sandwich for lunch...they're not that great.

That was the end of our Disney trip. We had a great time, but it was really nice to leave too. Be prepared for whiny children. They all seem to be hungry, overtired and they get cranky, especially at the end of the day. Please feel free to ask me if you have any other questions. I'm more than willing to help out as best I can.

jctweets,

Thanks for the wonderful report. My FH and I will also be using the Discovery Magic Package for our honeymoon in October. I am happy to know that you have had a wonderful time with this package.

Was it easy to use the magical wishes at restaurants?

Also, how was the food at Luau?

Jean

The food at the luau was pretty good. They have a salad and pineapple on the table when you first sit down with some bread. All of that was wonderful. You get complimentary all you can drink beer, wine, or nonalcoholic drinks. Then they bring out the main meal. They served ribs and chicken with fried rice and stir fried veggies. I didn't have ribs...too messy...but the chicken and the veggies were good. I didn't really care for the fried rice. They had two different cakes for dessert, and they were pretty good. The show was amazing.

jctweets--
We too were honeymooning there the 22nd through the 29th. We had the most wonderful time. We booked the Grand Plan and WOW was it grand. The bad thing was we couldn't eat all the food we were allowed and we ran out of time to do some other things that were included. We had so much fun the day we wore our bride/groom ears to Epcot-- everyone congratulated us and we got sent to the front of the line at Test Track and given our own car! We did the luau too and danced with those celebating anniversaries AND the night we went- Saturday- a couple got engaged on stage. It was fun and I thought the food was good- I really wonder now why it has such a bad reputation.
Some highlights of our trip....
My favorite restaurant was Le Cellier at Epcot and my least favorite was Coral Reef also at Epcot. Victoria & Alberts at The Grand Floridian was quite an experience and we will probably do it again. My husband parasailed, he said he was glad to have done it but would not do it again. Our last night- Sunday- was probably the best, we had dinner at Fulton's Crab House on Pleasure Island and went to the different clubs, my husbands favorite was the Adventurer's Club.

Jodi!!! It sounds like you guys had a great time!!!!!!!!! We're doing the Deluxe Magic and Scott says we have some of the same things planned that you did!!! We are sooo excited!!!!!

Did you wear the bride & groom hats? What kind of "special treatment" did you get for being on your honeymoon?

We did have them...wore them to our reception. We even dragged them down there with us, but Ray was too embarassed to wear them even though we saw lots of other couples with them on. We did wear our honeymoon pins that we received when we got there. We also bought Mickey & Minnie bride/bridegroom pins, so we wore those all week.

I saw the pics you posted on WC in your newly wed journal (I'm your first visitor!!!) and you guys looked so cute with the hats on!!!

Photo session - pics are up on the web, and they came out great. They said about 4-6 weeks to get the album

I assume you are talking about the honeymoon photo package? Would you mind posting the link or Pming or emailing it to me? I would really like to get a better idea what this comes out like before we spend $300 on it. Thank you!

Becky

jctweets,

I'd love to see your pics from your honeymoon! Can you give me your website?

Diznee25
WDW Christmas Bride Dec. 2003

Jodi, could you send me the URL and passwrod as well? Scott and I are also getting the photo session and I haven't seen anyone's pics from it.. I'd love to see yours if you don't mind! Thanks!!!!

I'm totally not fond of the way the pictures came out! The shirt I wanted to wear had a big indent on it...very weird! Sorry ladies, but I won't share the pictures. I might change my mind at some point, but definitely not right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter