Just back from OKW

DisneyAunt

Mouseketeer
Just got back from OKW last night (Sunday). Our trip was from 11/16 to 11/20. We stayed in a 2 bedroom villa in building 29.

This was my first time using my DVC points and I have very quickly become a DVC snob :snooty: . We arrived late on Wednesday night and had followed directions to the Resort from the airport using TGM's directions, which might I add were perfect, (thanks TGM :goodvibes ) We went to Check-in and managed to checking without a problem. The room itself was very nice and VERY spacious...not as upsacale as SSR but it was fine. I couldn't get over at how big it was. My neighbor is also a DVC member and he loves OKW and he was the one who talked me into staying there (thanks neighbor :worship:) .

I had a problem with the remote in the second bedroom...it didn't work...and I need to lull myself to sleep at night with the tv...so I had to physically get up and turn it on and find something to watch. I called the next morning and they brought one over immeadiately even though I asked they bring anytime during the day. That was good service.

The couch in the living room... the pull out one was very uncomfortable to sit on...although my guest that slept on it said it had a very comfortable mattress and they slept great.

We used the video rental one night they didn't have much of a selection but it was good for the kids.

What I especially like about the resort was that they have an airline service they will print your boarding passes and take your luggage ...yes your luggage too. So the next time you will see them is at your home airport. Love that!!!

All in all I would definately stay there again. My next trip in January will msot likely be at SSR and I plan on spending more time at the resort and the spa than at the parks.

We were neighbors in building 23 at OKW for a couple of days! We also had a 2 bedroom.

We were there 11/12 - 11/18. We were on the first floor overlooking the water and the golf course. We had a lovely time. Wonderful location, close to pool, HH, bus stop, and non-smoking. It fulfilled every single request I made.

We are contemplating BWV for our next visit, but I am afraid OKW will be hard to match.

disneyeveryyear said:
We were neighbors in building 23 at OKW for a couple of days! We also had a 2 bedroom.

We were there 11/12 - 11/18. We were on the first floor overlooking the water and the golf course. We had a lovely time. Wonderful location, close to pool, HH, bus stop, and non-smoking. It fulfilled every single request I made.

We are contemplating BWV for our next visit, but I am afraid OKW will be hard to match.

Ooops I made a mistake it was building 29 not 23. Sorry. We were still pretty close.

If you were in 29, you had a GV above you. Was it noisey? We had a 2 bedroom in that building a couple years ago, and it was noisey above us. All depends on who the upstairs neighbors are.

Glad you enjoyed your first OKW stay. Lovely resort isn't it?

The airline checkin is now at all WDW resorts if you are flying with a participating airline. It is wonderful.

DisneyAunt said:
What I especially like about the resort was that they have an airline service they will print your boarding passes and take your luggage ...yes your luggage too. So the next time you will see them is at your home airport. Love that!!!

Is the airline service available to everyone, or is it just for those using Magical Express?

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip!

dianeschlicht said:
If you were in 29, you had a GV above you. Was it noisey? We had a 2 bedroom in that building a couple years ago, and it was noisey above us. All depends on who the upstairs neighbors are.

I heard some footsteps early Sunday Morning but nothing bad. It felt like we had the whole building to ourselves...It was very quiet

laughinplace199 said:
Is the airline service available to everyone, or is it just for those using Magical Express?

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip!

We had a rental car and didn't use Magical Express. I was talking to the woman at airline checkin and she told it is a new service and is available to all WDW guests.

laughinplace199 said:

For all guests at WDW owned rsorts who are flying on participating airlines. You do not need to take the bus on the way back to the airport. :sunny:

Is there a list somewhere of participating airlines? I would love to try this.

Thanks for the report DisneyAunt. Sounds like you had a nice time. :sunny:

I was wondering - why was the couch uncomfortable to sit on? Could you describe the problem? We've never been there, so I was curious to know if this was a problem with all the OKW couches or just yours.

disney-super-mom said:
Thanks for the report DisneyAunt. Sounds like you had a nice time. :sunny:

I was wondering - why was the couch uncomfortable to sit on? Could you describe the problem? We've never been there, so I was curious to know if this was a problem with all the OKW couches or just yours.

The material on the pull out couch was almost like a vinyl and the cushions themselves were very hard. Not comfortable at all to sit on ....however the other couch was fine no problem. Also my guests that slept on the pull said it was very comfortable mattress.

DisneyAunt said:
The material on the pull out couch was almost like a vinyl and the cushions themselves were very hard. Not comfortable at all to sit on ....however the other couch was fine no problem. Also my guests that slept on the pull said it was very comfortable mattress.
Thanks for answering. :sunny: Yes, I've heard others say the same thing about the material not being comfortable to sit on. I wonder if it would help to put towels or a blanket down over the vinyl-like material? And also, just as you and many others have said, the actual pull out mattress was comfortable to sleep on. Both good things to know when making plans to visit. :rotfl:

Again, thanks for answering and have a very Happy Thanksgiving! :wave2:

laughinplace199 said:
Is there a list somewhere of participating airlines? I would love to try this.

Participating airlines for Resort checkin are United/Ted, American, Delta/Song, Continental and Jet Blue.

So happy you liked OKW!! We were there at the same time, but were at SSR in a studio (so we had a couch instead of 2 beds). We gave each other wistful looks when the ME bus stopped at OKW first! SSR is a lovely resort and we had a great time, but OKW is truly HOME to us! :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter