Just back from WL and CBR...

sweetheart2576

Disney Fanatic
Just back from 14 days at Disney World. We stayed 7 days in CBR and 7 in WL. Stayed in Jamaica 45...we were suppose to be somewhere else but asked at the counter if it was possible to be switched to Jamaica 45 and they said yes. Stayed in Jamaica 4532. It was a corner room on the 1st floor. We could see a very small part of the lake from our room if we tried. We thought the location was good. At WL we had a standard room booked, but I dont think it was a standard. The view was really nice. I believe it may have been an inner courtyard room but could be wrong. In my opinion better than i could have expected. The room # was 4113. Went expecting to be looking at green rooftops, instead was above silver creek. Had a bunk bed room. We loved WL. The pool was nice and the boat ride to FW, MK, and Contemporary were also nice. Never had to wait too long for the boat. Majority of the time they were already there. As for the bus transportation, IMHO was not really good. I guess it was all a matter of timing, and we timed it wrong every time. We did wait at BB one day and 3 coranado springs busses and 2 all star busses(among others) came before one of our busses had come. We also did US/IOA 2 days. We went to all the disney parks including DQ. We ate on Chef Mickeys, Donalds Breakfastsaurus, CRT, Pepper Market, Whispering Canyon, Kona,Roaring Forks, offsite a few times the 1st week. And a few more I cannot remember. Kids did pirate cruise, we rented boat, went to daytona. If anyone has ?'s feel free to ask.

Curious as to how you felt US/IOA compared to Disney? Alos, how long did it take to get there from Disney? I'm torn between making my vacation next year a WL vacation - no parks or US/IOA - have never been there ( I'll be in Florida visiting in-laws, either way).

We found IOA in my family's opinion to be just as good as Disney i loved the theming, as for the US park itself, IMO i felt it needs some updating as far as rides or movies go and it didnt take to long to finish that park.. MIB ride was excellent. As for the ride there, To tell the truth it all depends on traffic. We avoided I-4 like the plague. Was backed up everyday we were on it and immediatelygot off at the nearest exit. We were there when the gas tanker crashed and heard on the news people stuck in traffic for 8 hours. So we went alternate route everytime. It didnt take long at all. It felt like 15-20 minutes but was always busy looking at everything else around me and never really noticed the time.

Sweetheart - thanks for the reply. We just stayed at CBR in July and we also stayed at WL bunk bed room a few years back. I just love those bunk beds - especially when you have an adolescent boy and girl. I wish more resort rooms offered that option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter