• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back -Gold Mobility

Belle1962

DIS Veteran
I rented from Gold for the first time last week. I enjoyed: the fact my bottle of Dasani fit in their bottle holder, the fan and the numerous ways to adjust the seat. I didn’t enjoy: that I couldn’t charge my phone from the scooter (so I used fuel rods), the rear basket was waaayy too hard to get off and on so I had them take it off and take it back (it doesn’t fit on buses with the basket on) and for me-meeting the representative for return pick up was inconvenient. When I get up in the morning when I’m going home I want to hit the road. The other company I rented from would let me leave it outside my room for pick up. I didn’t have any problems with it keeping a charge all day in the parks but I did charge it nightly in my room. Just my two cents.

I didn’t enjoy: that I couldn’t charge my phone from the scooter
Curious which ECV did you rent? I usually rent their regular 3 wheel and it's always had a place to plug in a USB cord. I thought all their ECV's came with a USB charging port (which requires you to bring a USB to whatever plugs into your phone). I think you have to unplug the fan to use it.

I wish Disney would dump Scooterbug and pick up Gold Mobility (or anyone else). What company let you leave it outside your room and how did you get the key to them? Interesting!

Unless something is changed the USB is dual. One is permanently connected to the fan. The other is a standard USB A socket. If you had a working fan you should have had a working charger port. My memory is it faces down. Feel for it or bend down and look.

Curious which ECV did you rent? I usually rent their regular 3 wheel and it's always had a place to plug in a USB cord. I thought all their ECV's came with a USB charging port (which requires you to bring a USB to whatever plugs into your phone). I think you have to unplug the fan to use it.

I wish Disney would dump Scooterbug and pick up Gold Mobility (or anyone else). What company let you leave it outside your room and how did you get the key to them? Interesting!
Ugggg! That was probably the one thing they didn’t go over with me. Thank you.

Ugggg! That was probably the one thing they didn’t go over with me. Thank you.
You don't have to unplug the fan. The USB port is facing down and back a little. It's mounted that way to reduce the chance of water damage during rain storms

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter