Just back- here are tips I have

kim532

DIS Veteran
We just got back and here are things I wished I would have done differently. Some things I knew beforehand and just ignored, others I learned. Some tips have already been on this board.

1. Don't wear sandals for a full day of park touring. I did this the first day because my sandals I thought were well broke in and comfortable. Didn't matter. My feet were killing me. I did wear sandals to Epcot when we went over there solely for dinner and that was fine. But for anything over 2 hours, I wouldn't.

2. Squeeze Breeze's or a small portable fan are life savers. On my Squeeze Breeze we didn't mist much, we mainly used the fan on it. My DH had a small fan he had bought that had a strap he just wore around his neck. We used that almost constantly. Even got a cute picture of Donald fanning my DH with it.

3. Making up mousekeeping enevelopes in advanced saved on hunting down ones for a tip in the mornings. Just grab an enevelope and go.

4. Cheap disposable ponchos are best. We carried ponchos that we paid $1/each for, and after we used them and the rain was gone. In the trash they went. We saw a bunch of people trying to fold up wet ponchos or lugging them around. They didn't look happy.

5. Bringing bottled water from home or doing a grocery stop is important. We just packed water in our luggage and it did fine during the flight. It saved us a ton of money. We even just carried around in my backpack and drank it warm. Water is water when you are hot. Fast food places would give us cups of ice free of charge.

6. Put your name on your camera ( got this tip from a boat driver going from MGM to the BC). Especially if you are using a disposable camera. He said those get lost so frequently and there is no way to disguinsh between them. I would think taking a couple of extra address labels and putting them on would work. On my last day I lost my good camera( paid ~$200) at Epcot. Thank goodness it got turned in, but I didn't have my name on it. As soon as I get it back I am going to label it somehow. They have to mail it to me.

7. Don't always beleive the map you pick up at theme park entrance has correct show times. We ran into this a couple of times. Example on early entry to MGM they had added an extra Indiana Jones Show. Threw all the showtimes off for the day. We got lucky and happened by in time to see it. Near the entrance to each park there is a sign where they have showtimes and current line wait times. Check it out before making your plans for the day.

8. Make PS for your must do restaraunts. We hardly ever showed up for a PS on time. Mostly we were way early, but they always accomidated us. Sometimes they were turning away people without a PS (saw this at the Crystal Palace). You can always call and cancel if you change your mind. We did that a couple of times too.

Well this is all I can think of. If people want to add to the list that would be great. I am not a very good writer so if something needs clarified, I'll do my best.

:)

Just thought I would add. The reason for tip 5. Not everywhere but alot of places, the water at disney tastes funny and has an odor. It wasn't appealing to drink. Noticed this at our hotel and the first day at Epcot. But when whe we were at MGM, the 4th day, they had perfectly fine water. Don't know what the difference was and by the 5th day when we were at Epcot again the water seemed fine. Don't know if the water changed or if we just got use to it.

These are great tips! Thanks so much for sharing! :D

I will be using some of these for our trip next year!! Thanks for sharing.

Joline

You posted these at just the right time! We are leaving in 36 hours and will definitely do hte camers lable and just borrowed a suitcase to pack groceries in, printer is acting up (Murphy's Law) so I put Mickey Sticker's I had left over from decorating kids goody bags on Mousekeeping envelopes and just filled them before I GOT ONLINE!
HOW ARE THE CROWDS?
WE ARE PRETTY INEXPERIENCED AT PARK STRATEGY...READING IT ALL HERE IS SOO HELPFUL BUT I'M AFRAID I'LL FREEZE UNDER THE CROWD PRESSURE AND FORGET OUR GAMEPLAN!

My tip would be to remember to enjoy every minute of every day. We truly had the most magical trip of a lifetime. We took time to smell and taste the Mickey Ice Cream Bars. Just sit back and watch the kids fall in love with Disney World. As my daughter would say,
"Anything is possible Mom, we are at Disney World."
We took our time and enjoyed every minute of every day. It was WONDERFUL!!!!
Do not rush from one thing to another. Guess what? It is still going to be there when you get to it. It is so much more fun when everyone is having fun and not rushed. Just take your time.

Enjoy the magic. Walt Disney World is truly the most magical place on earth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter