Just back Poly concierge and Yacht concierge.(long)

tnkrbell

DIS Veteran
Hi!
Ok We are just back from a wonderful trip or should I say wonderful when we switched hotels!!!
First off please do not flame me, These are just my opinions!! :)

We arrived on Sat at the poly My first impressions where not good at all!!!!! The Cm at the front desk were anything but friendly!! So they send us over to the concierge bld and are also greated but a very not so friendly cm!! Acted as if he was doing me a favor by letting me stay here!!! (Barely looked up from his computer!)
So then off to check out the room (down the dark stinky hallway!!)
I know this bld is going to be refurbished soon (thanks goodness) But it smelled!! YUCK!!
So we meet our friends in the lounge it was fine, the food was fine, and the wine was GREAT!!!! :teeth:
We went to the arcade and I had to use the bathroom!! YUCK!!! Grose it was like a bathroom at a gas station! The arcade was pretty dirty also and run down Again Im sure it is because I was comparing this hotel to my past stays at the yacht and a beach.
I tell my friends I really am not impressed with this resort and find myself comparing it to the Yacht club and well.. It just cant compare!! (again IMHO!!)
BUt I figure Ok Ill give it a little time maybe in the morning Ill warm up to the place.
I would of loved to of gotten a good nights sleep if not for the herd of elephants that are kept upstairs!! lol lol Atleast that is what I assume is kept there since ALL night we heard noise!!
So In the light of morning I am still not thrilled and Im very tired!!
I give the hotel one full day and Im so ready to leave!! So I call the Yacht and ask if they could please take me home!! And they said of coarse, So the next morning bright and shine we head to the Yacht club concierge!!
WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!!!! :teeth: :teeth:
I also realise this hotel has just been renovated and that is probably why it is soooooo clean and bright and beautiful!
We were greated by a Wonderful cm (Vilma) Who made us feel so welcome.
This thread is already really long so I will stop now and just say we had a WONDERFUL stay at the Yacht!!
If anyone has any questions Ill be happy to answer them!
Oh yeah and our friends who have never stayed onsite before could not believe the difference in the two hotels!!

Thanks for your review. I'm sorry to hear about your stay at the Polynesian! I'm glad you did have a good trip over at the Yacht Club. :)

Please provide what offerings were available in the lounge, what type of alcohol is available?

Thanks Misti!! :)
Missymj-The lounge at teh Yacht had a nice selection we thought
Morning-bagels,toast muffins,donuts,coffeecake,fruit cereal,coffee,juices.
snack time-pretzels,nachos and dip,dessert type items,peanut butter and jelly, goldfish,
nightime snacks-every night it changed but here are a few things they had roll up sandwiches,stuffed mushrooms,coconut fried chicken,eggrolls,crabmeat in a pastry,cheeses,crackers, and Im sure Im forgeting stuff.
as far as alcohol every evening 5-7 two reds,chardoney, and white zif.
then from 8-10 cordials about three or four different ones
and desserts!! YUMMY!!

We are getting ready to book our trip. We were thinking poly or BC. I finally decided on poly and then I read reports like yours and others. Is the poly that bad? Do you think BC would be better? thanks..amy

We stayed last June at the BC and loved it. The pool is absolutely lovely. The hotels proximity can't be beat. Its just a short stroll to the boat launch to get to Epcot or MGM. In the evening, it is simply beautiful. It's also fun to walk over to the boardwalk.

corvair- IMHO YES!!! The Yacht and Beach are both newely renovated so of coarse that makes it cleaner.
But I also did not like how Dark the Poly is!! I know the longhouses are being renovated but The rest of the place still looks rundown IMHO.
Also the pool again IMO is nothing special except the slide looks cool. (Its pretty small the pool itself)
The Pool at Y and B is just awesome. Also Poly does not have hot tubs.
We also enjoy the convience of the Epcot area.
As far as the Cms I know you can run into good and bad anywhere we just happen to run into more bad then good at the poly. (Donna at the poly was super sweet and the morning crew was nice also)
We just felt we were more welcomed at the Yacht.

Hello, welcome back... I have a couple of questons for you when you have a chance...

1) How were the parks? Were the crowds managable? and did you have an special meals at any Disney restaurants?

2) When you decide to leave a resort for another (ie) you called Yacht Club... do you just do it yourself or do you have the concierge do it for you?

What if the rate is lower? Do you get a refund on the difference or if the rate is higher do you play more?

Sorry you had a bad couple of days a Poly - glad you took control of your vacation and turned it around.

Thanx for the info...

>>^..^<<-Hi!! Thanks!
Yes the lines and crowds were fine!! We didnt wait more then 30 minutes and that was for winnie the pooh of all things!!lol :)
We ate at Cape May twice we really love that place!!
To be honest we ate alot at the concierge (I know I know it is not ment for meals but I am not a huge eater) So we would have a big lunch oh yeah we had Mama Melroses twice also they have a great chicken flatbread pizza!!
Then snack at night!:)
When I switched I called Yacht directly because I was afraid to ask concierge at the poly!! Im telling you I felt very uncomfortable!! We paid a small difference in switching hotels(Yacht was a little more but it was nomanal amount)
Im sure if it cost less they would refund your money.

Hi there...

Thanx for the quick reply...

It is important for everyone to realize you have to make changes and correct problems when you can. Coming home and complaing about things after the fact is no good.

You did what you had to do to make your vacation a wonderful experience..

very impressive!

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your Polynesian stay. I remember when you posted about feeling nervous about the Polynesian. I have to applaud you for switching to YC IMMEDIATELY. You could tell right from the start that the Poly wasn't going to agree with you. I'm so happy to hear that the YC more than made up for your first miserable night. I've seen pics of the newly rennovated rooms and they look awesome. I'd like to try it someday.:D

Oh yes I would recomend that to anyone, if you are unhappy with any resort then dont just put up with it these resorts are far too wxpensive to settle!:)

Isn't it funny--we had just the opposite experiences...LOVED the Polynesian (although agree it needs a renovation) and weren't very happy at the YC (stayed a month after the renovation was completed.)

Anne

tnkrbell - sorry to hear about you "less than perfect" stay at Poly Concierge. I am glad that I am not the only one that was VERY disappointed with Poly Conc., we stayed there last year and the concierge staff was almost rude!!! We also thought the rooms were pretty shabby & there was definately a mildew smell. Glad you were able to switch resorts and enjoy the rest of your stay:D

Isn't it funny--we had just the opposite experiences...LOVED the Polynesian (although agree it needs a renovation) and weren't very happy at the YC (stayed a month after the renovation was completed.)
I think it all has to do with personal taste in decor. :) And I am really glad we all dont like the same place or we would never get into the hotel we wanted!! lol :)
I am glad that I am not the only one that was VERY disappointed with Poly Conc., we stayed there last year and the concierge staff was almost rude!!! We also thought the rooms were pretty shabby & there was definately a mildew smell.
Oh yes Im right with ya!! We felt the same way!
I wonder if when they refurbish teh poly it may be better??
From what I have heard alot of people didnt care for the Yacht concierge before it was renovated.
I just hope the poly renovates a few of its CM!! ;) :) (I must say there were a few that were very nice also!! Just a few bad seeds!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter