JUST BACK! reviews of where we ate!

FloridaGirl

Mouseketeer
Myself (33) my sister (35) and my daughter (4) just returned from a weekend celebration for my daughter's 4th birthday! We are Florida residents so weekend trips are easy for us----

We had a PS for Chef Mickeys Friday night at 7:30--- we got there and got our pictures taken by the photographer there-- and were seated within 5 minutes---

The mood of the place is FULL of energy and FUN! We were seated and my daughter was given a special place mat that had all the characters signatures on it-- for her birthday--- the food selection was GREAT for adults--- I sampled the Prime rib, parmesan potatoes and some salmon-- I also had some rice that was good---- there was SO much--- but I wanted to save room for dessert-- I didn't feel that there was much for the kids at thier station though--- tiny hot dogs and buns, mac and cheese and pizza -- and then finally some chicken fingers--- it just didn't LOOK all that great I guess---

they brought a cupcake out, cranked the music up and they all waved thier napkins in the air and sang-- the character interaction was GREAT-- and we had a chance to see all the characters about 4 times each!! A+++ on this!

Breakfast Saturday was at Crystal Palace with Pooh and friends--- we LOVED this too--- they took us right to our seat and sprinkled PIXIE dust all over the table and on my daughter hahaha

We had GREAT food--- I dont remember it all but here goes--

puffed french toast with cinnamon sugar
all types of fruit
bagels, muffins and cream cheese
waffles and pancakes ( made to order)
bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy,
omelettes made to order and a great vegetable fritatta
cereals and danish etc--

Lunch --we ate at the food court at Port Orleans Riverside and had a hamburger and chicken fingers-- nothing great -- but not bad either

Dinner was at Cosmic Rays--- GREAT cheesesteaks--- and the whole sandwich side of the restaurant (cooks and all CM's and even some guests_ sang happy birthday to my daughter and gave her an Ice cream bar--- SO sweet---

Any questions? i am happy to answer

Thanks for the reviews, we're going to do Chef Mickey's and CP, so I'm glad to hear those were great!

Steph

DONT miss out on those desserts at the dessert bar at Chef Mickey's the chocolate custard filled eclairs are FABULOUS!!

We are doing dinner at Chef Mickey's. You said the food for the kids didn't look that good, but did your daughter enjoy eating it? Those are some of my DS (6) favorite foods and I am hoping he will enjoy them.

There is SO much going on, so much to see and the music and mood are very festive so the fact that my daughter even ATE was a surprise---

the food was fine-- I mean she ate half of a mini hot dog and one whole chicken finger-- to me the mac and cheese was really dry and clumpy looking so we didn't eat that--- and the cheese pizza was very dry and looked like it had been sitting out a while-- if she had been more interested in eating she would have enjoyed eating my food more---

We usually go to Chef Micket's for breakfast. I've been toying with the idea of going for dinner next time. Thanks for the "food for thought".

One quick question... your DD was permitted to eat items from the adult buffet if she chose to, correct?

Thanks for the reviews. Chef Mickey's is one of our favs too!!!

Thanks for the great reviews. I especially appreciate your listing of the offerings at CP for breakfast because no one has that listed anywhere! And we are going there in December with people who haven't been to WDW in 10 years! So your listing was so appreciated.

Emmasgrammy- Kids are not limited to the kids section of the buffet, they can eat anything that they wish. And adults can eat off of the kiddie section if they wish. There is truly something for everyone but it is true that some kids are so excited about the characters that they forget to eat. We have dinner at Chef Mickeys the first evening we are at WDW as a tradition.

I'm glad to hear the photographer takes picutes at dinner too. Can you tell me what kind of package they offered you?::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

We got two 5x7 pics in a card board sort of sleeve-- four wallets and a lucite key chain and a lucite magnet that can hold the wallets for 25.00--

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter