Just back: V&A Review

denisem

DIS Veteran
Cast of Characters: DH & I, both 50. 1st time, celebrating our anniversary 9/9. We'd made PS's for early dining (6:00) and there were perhaps 25 people dining at the same time.

An exceptional experience in all ways. Service and presentation at V&A are TOP-NOTCH. We TRIED to vary our courses for sampling purposes, but came to loggerheads on the soup & main course, so ordered the same;)

Random notes: DH is a major wine fan; I'm not. We occasionally do course/wine pairings at a local restaurant and I generally decline. This is an instance where I began to appreciate wines complimenting the meal, so go for it. I understand you can "split" a wine pairing if desired.

Also, if you're a bread fan (like I am!) their rolls are *sublime* - hold yourself back, I had two and was unable to finish my dessert (the dessert presentation is knock-out!).

Finally, a large part of our enjoyable experience must be credited to the wonderfully talented harpist - he played classical & popular, interspersed with more experimental passages - had to refrain from holdin' up my lighter in approval! ;)

Here's a rundown of courses for anyone interested:

*Maine Lobster Cannelloni in Jicama with Bibb Lettuce & Carmellini Beans
*Smoked Buffalo Tenderloin w/Mango, Radishes & Grains of Paradise.

*Cast Iron Roasted Quail w/Shaved Fennel & Artichokes
*Medallion of Veal w/Sweetbreads & Wild Mushroom Ragout

*Gamebird Consomme w/Pheasant Sausage (we chose this)
*Carrot-Ginger Cream with Carrot Royale

*Poulet w/Florida Blue Crab & Mustard Veloute
*Atlantic Cod w/Ohio Corn & Sauce Nantua
*Herb Encrusted Jamison Farms Lamb, Gnocchi & Ratouille (our choice - yummy, but see our PYC review).
*Grilled Prime Filet w/Sweet Onion Puree & Burgundy Reduction

*Colston Bassett Stilton w/Black Mission Figs (our choice again)
*Terrine of Sorbet with Glazed Seasonal Fruits

*Pyramid of Tanzani Chocolate Mouse w/strawberries (DH)
*Tropical Fruit Mousse in Orange Scented Chocolate Purse (mine)
*Hawaiian Kona Chocolate Souffle
*Carmelized Banana Gateau
*Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee
*Grand Marnier Souffle

YUM! Sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing! Now if I can ever talk DH into it. I don't think he'd enjoy a lot of it the food (he doesn't care for seafood) :rolleyes: poor man doesn't know what he is missing out on ;)

DW and I are going to try V&A'S soon.Thanks for sharing:earsboy: :wave: :earsgirl: :sunny:

Thanks! I love hearing the reviews and reading the menus. It gets me all excited about dining there at the chef's table on my next trip. -Chris:D

yum!! thanks for the preview. we will be dining there on friday for my husband's birthday.:tongue: not much longer now

Wonderful review. How did you like the stilton? It's the best I've ever had.

Originally posted by Nikole
YUM! Sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing! Now if I can ever talk DH into it. I don't think he'd enjoy a lot of it the food (he doesn't care for seafood) :rolleyes: poor man doesn't know what he is missing out on ;)

Nikole-

If you can talk you hubby into this, just mention when you make the PS that DH has a food aversion: seafood. I am allergic to seafood, and they noted that on our PS and also told me that if the chef had not contacted me by 48-hours prior to our PS, then to call a specific number I was given. I have also read where vegetarians have worked with the chef as well.

Unfortunately we ended up cancelling our PS (baby-sitter, otherwise known as grandparents decided not to come on trip), so I cannot tell you the end result. But they really seemed willing to work with me to make the evening magical.

Thanks for the great review. We're dining there on Thursday for our 10th anniversary and I was very happy to see the seafood offerings since I don't see much offered on most menus I've read.
Glad that you had a wonderful meal.

I think I'd pay good money just to see someone "hold up their lighter in approval "for the harpist at V&A!! LOL!!:p

Thanks for your review, I always love to read about V&A's! I will visit for the 3rd time this December (2nd in the dining room, 1st time was at the Chef's Table!)

Do you recall if they still were offering the caviar and foie gras for an additional fee for the 1st and 2nd courses? My sister will DIE if they don't have her beloved 'foie'!

Originally posted by luvpooh
Do you recall if they still were offering the caviar and foie gras for an additional fee for the 1st and 2nd courses? My sister will DIE if they don't have her beloved 'foie'!

Yes to both:

Iranian Karabarun Golden Oestra Caviar = $35/half oz., $70/oz.
Iranian Beluga Caviar = $65/half oz., $130/oz.
Seared Foie Gras & Ohio Peach Tartlet = $10

Now *I'm* jealous - would love to do the Chef's table someday when I can plan far enough ahead!

Great Review! How long did the entire meal take from 6:00? I had to cancel my Chef Table PS b/c we are now going in December, and after reading your review makes want eat there every night. Cross your fingers for me, only couple more day's before I can get a PS. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter