Just Back

Peggy

Earning My Ears
Just returned yesterday. We (myself 39, husband 44, daughter 16 and son 14) had a great time! Stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel from Wednesday, April 3 through Sunday.

Had a pool view room reserved since last November but upon check in was informed there were no pool view rooms left. We were a bit disappointed but didn't let it bother us. They did offer to move us the next day but I really didn't want to have to unpack and repack. Our garden view room was very nice. We were the last room down the hall which made for a very quiet room.

Pool area was beautiful. My son thought the pool was a little too shallow but he still enjoyed it. Chairs were a bit hard to find as it was very crowded and they had removed the chairs from the sandy area to make room for the stage for concerts that were going on. This weekend was the Hard Rock's first anniversary and lots of activities were going on. Ran into an Austin Powers look a like and he was quite funny.

Islands of Adventure was quite crowded. At one point on Thursday there was a 120 minute wait for Spiderman. The front of the line access was WONDERFUL!! Universal Studios was much less crowded.

We ate at Margaritaville (average), Mythos (great) and Hard Rock Cafe (great). There was about a 2 hour wait for the Hard Rock Cafe on Saturday night but with our room key we were seated in five minutes!

If you have any questions please let me know. I learned so much from these boards and would love help someone else.

We were there from the 5-7, loved it. We were in a deluxe pool view room,3140, but couldnt see the pool, oh well. My daughter was dressed in a 70's outfit on Friday night.
We rented a cabana yesterday and used it for a home base. We had to leave at 4:45, didnt see the whole concert, but what we saw was great.

Patty

Glad you guys both had fun! Who played at the concert?

Peggy, so did you make reservations at all for the resturants? Or did the room key work that well all the time?

nhrenee - We didn't get to see the concert as we left very early on Sunday morning but according to the information they gave us it was Mike Reno from Loverboy, Dave Jenkins from Pablo Cruise, Larry Hoppen from Orleans, Glenn Hughes from Deep Purple, Ronnie Hammond from Atlanta Rhythm Section, Pat Travers and John Cafferty.

Sherry - I did make a reservation from Mythos on Thursday evening at 5:00 as I wasn't sure if the room key could be used there. It wasn't necessary because the restaurant was not busy at all which surprised me. On Wednesday evening at Margaritaville we were told that there was an hour wait but with our hotel key it would take about 20 minutes...it ended up being a half hour before we were seated. The room key worked best at the Hard Rock Cafe.

Hi Folks:

How do you use the room key for the restaurants?

Is the hardrock cafe, roadhouse food, like burgers, chicken fingers etc? Thanks,

Deb.

Cottontail - For Margaritaville we just showed them the hotel key at the podium where you check in which was outside. For Hard Rock Cafe there was a sign at the check in podium that pointed to the side of the building for priority dining. We ended up checking in towards the back of the building on the right hand side.

The menu at the Hard Rock Cafe consisted of a lot of different things. Hamburgers, cajun chicken sandwich, Salads, Ribs and chicken, a pulled pork sandwich. They had a special that my daughter got which was a chicken pasta dish that was very good...lots of different kinds of appetizers like nachos, potatoe skins, spinach dip. We were too full for desert but saw some others ordering huge sundaes that looked delicious.

Thanks for sharing!! It's always nice to see good reports of the HRH!! We're so excited about trying out the place this June!!:D

Thanks for the tidbit on using the room key to get into Hard Rock Cafe. That's pretty cool!

With the pool being so shallow, does it seem a lot warmer? I hope it's not too warm when we swim in June!:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter