Just Back!!!

NI_Jonny

Earning My Ears
We just arrived back from WDW today! Flew Virgin, stayed at CBR for 10 nights and the AKL for 4 nights.

Anyone got any questions?

I will give more details of trip later....too tired to concentrate!

Welcome back :)

I'd love to hear <b>anything</b> about your trip! Hope you manage to get somes sleep.

Originally posted by Hilary
Welcome back :)

I'd love to hear <b>anything</b> about your trip! Hope you manage to get somes sleep.

Ditto!

Hi Jonny, hope you had a great trip.Like to know you views on flying with Virgin as we are flying with them for the first time in Nov. Did you eat at Jiko's?

jj.... ;)

Hi Jonny

What was the security like at the airports - were there more checks than usual?

Looking forward to hearing your news.

Hi Sandie,

The security seemed to be a bit tighter but not unreasonably. Something I did notice was an explosive detection swab machine at the entrance to the departure lounge in Gatwick. The security guard picked one item from my rucksack ( my Passporter of all things!) gave it a quick swab then placed this in a machine. Within seconds the all clear was given. I had to enquire what the machine was for as there was no mention of it anywhere and the guard didnt originally tell me what he was doing.

In Orlando there was a single armed soldier at the security gate.

While we were in Orlando, there was a lot of news reports about heightened threats with memorial weekend (just passed). But we left on Saturday and the Airport wasn't that busy for departures anyway. There din't seem to be any extra security on.

On Friday in the Magic Kingdom security was very tight. EVERY bag was thoroughly checked, unlike previously when a quick peek sufficed.

I will do a longer report at some time but please feel free to ask anymore questions. If any one wants to know I will tell you about the Virgin flight attendant who "assaulted" me and then brought me an ice-pack to stop the swelling and bleeding.

Jonny

Hi JJ!
Sorry I have just seen your posting!

Virgin were great! Especially as I was able to get seats with extra legroom. Entertainment, food and service was good. Definitely fly with them again.

We didn't eat at Jiko, we thought that it would be a waste as our kids wouldn't sit still for 2 minutes or let us enjoy it. It did look good though. Boma's, just across the hallway, was excellent even though it was a buffet. We got breakfast from the food court "Mara" mainly coz we could get it at 7am and bring it back to the room along with our "free" coffees in the refillable mugs. My personal choice was the Bacon, cheese and egg croissant.

Jonny

Welcome back:rolleyes:

I look forward to hearing lots more when the jet-lag/depression has lifted!!

Whats this about being assaulted by an air hostess? Not wishful thinking was it;)

Jonny

What room did you stay in at AKL? We're staying there for a week in August and I'm looking for room recommendations (we have a savannah view booked). Also, any tips for life at AKL generally?

Regards

Rob

Originally posted by NI_Jonny
If any one wants to know I will tell you about the Virgin flight attendant who "assaulted" me and then brought me an ice-pack to stop the swelling and bleeding.

Jonny

you were assaulted????

Hi Jonny - welcome back. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the 2 WDW resorts. We split our stay in December with CBR/AKL and LOVED them! Our meal at Boma was fabby, CBR was really pretty, the white sand beaches on a sunny day were so cool and we fell in love with AKL.
Tell all!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter