Just back...

Momma Bear

Earning My Ears
Hi all. We're just back from 6 days at FW cabins, so feel free to ask any questions I might be able to answer. The tips I got from this board were so helpful to us. Thank you!

We loved the cabin and the resort! It was just perfect for our family (me, DH and 3yo twin boys). We were in the 2600 loop, just a short walk from the smaller pool. The 2500 loop was closed during our stay. We caught the fireworks from the MK to FW boat and the elec parade from the FW beach on our first night. We would definately stay here again.

The park hours were pretty limited, as you know. However, the crowds were relatively light and we were able to see everything that we wanted to. It was a wonderful trip. To everyone heading there soon...HAVE A GREAT TIME!

Glad you had such a good time at WDW and FW! I bet you got a lot of cute photos with the boys!!

How nice of you to offer up your time to fill us in!!
I'm staying at the Fort Cabins for the first time with
our 3 boys and DH...We'll be there 12 nites, so I've been
worried that the eating facilities and the "fun" Disney
stuff will be to far to get to and the Bus system from
what I've heard on these boards stinks...We are already
renting a van, so I doubt DH will want to rent a golf cart...
Did you go to the pool at all? it would sure be nice for
the DH and myself to hang out and have a drink while
the boys(8,11,13) went swimming...Is Loop 2500 the best
loop? Wonder why it was closed?? What did you think
about your loop, Did you see any you like better???
Maybe better accessibilitly to everything??? How were
the murphy beds...I heard they were pretty uncomfortable...
Also, Final question(Sorry for the rambling) If you had it
to do all over again, would you split your stay between
another resort just to break things up??? thanks
so much for your time!! I'm so glad you had a fun trip...
I had read some of your previous posts before you left!

Jill...Can't wait to see the Mouse!!:Pinkbounc

Hi Jill. I'm jealous! 12 nights at FW sounds like heaven to me. It is so nice to be able to cook your own meals, have a fridge full of drinks, etc. A golf cart sure would be nice, but we couldn't afford it. We had rented a van, since we were visiting relatives during the first part of our trip. We found the FW bus system to be very good. We honestly never waited more than 5 minutes for a bus. We used the bus to get to pioneer hall for the HDD and the boat to the MK. Mostly, we drove to the parks though. With the ages of our kids and the fact that we wanted to be there well before openning each day, it was just easier for us. As far as restaurants, it depends where you're going. If you have a car, then it is simplest just to drive to downtown disney or wherever you're eating.

We requested the 2500 loop because it is closest to the pool. I'm not sure why it was closed or for how long. 2600 was also close to the pool and we loved the location. Very close to the pool and bus stop, yet we couldn't see or hear any traffic from the roads. We were near the back of the loop, but you could request the front of the loop if you want to be very close to the pool. This is the smaller pool, not the main pool. I don't think any cabins are located close to the main pool or to the marina.

My dh actually slept on the murphy bed a few nights, just because we felt a little too crowded in the full size bed in the bedroom (we're used to a queen). He said it was very comfy, but as is is full size it might be less comfy for two.

If I were you, I would be thrilled to stay at FW for 12 days. We would have loved to have non-park days for exploring FW more. I think it would be hard to move to a hotel room after having all of the space of a cabin. There are lots of experts here who can share all of the wonderful things to do at FW. We didn't be to explore too much because of our limited time and the ages of our twins. HAVE A GREAT TIME!

I'm considering booking a cabin for our upcoming trip in August but need to know whether there are one or two televisions in the cabin?

Thanks

Thanks for the info Momma Bear!
I think you are right ...it would be hard to
be in a resort hotel after having all of that space.
We stayed in POR last time, and we loved it,but
by the end of our time we were starting to feel cramped
and tired of having to go out to eat for anything! I
think we'll really enjoy having our own frig and cooking
facilities(However i have no Intentions of doing any Cooking!)
LOL! did you fax a request for the loop 2500? I did that
for POR and got exactly the room i wanted! I can't wait!

Thanks so much for your input! Let me know
if you think of something I might need to know!
(like do i need to buy something they didn't have!)
P.S. Did they have a crock pot there??

Jill:Pinkbounc

There is one TV and one VCR (player only) in the cabins. I hear on this board that there used to be two TVs, but now just one in the living area.

No, there was no crockpot. Appliances were: oven, stove, fridge, microwave, dishwasher and 2 coffee makers (one small and one large). We didn't do much 'real' cooking. We made simple breakfasts, sandwich lunches and kids dinners. Two nights dh and I cooked out on the grill after the kids went to bed.

Someone on this board has a link in their siggy to a site that lists everything that is in the cabin kitchen. Sorry, I can't find it. I do remember that there is not a cookie sheet and you'll want to bring/buy salt & pepper, dish soap, coffee filters in addition to any food & drink you want.

Had to ask... Didn't meet my sister-in-law and her family did you? They are also from Downingtown and have 4 year old twins (boy and girl) and 9 yr old sister. I actually think they were on your loop and there from May 3 until May 9th. Small world...

fw cabins are awesome...we usually stay at fw 6 times a year over long weekends...it's the only place at wdw that supports our family of six plus we bring our food / drinks....murphy beds are kinda worn out...but we make do....kids love it...plus we get great rates with either ap's or florida resident rate!

The best thing about the cabins is being able to freeze water bottles to bring in the park with you. Picking up Pizza on the way home from the trails end and my all time favorite the maid putting your dishes in the dishwasher while you r at the parks. You going to love the cabins! P.s. we never found the need for a golf cart or had any trouble with the buses!

JIll, there is so much to do in the camp ground especially for the kids. there is a petting zoo, take some quarters with you so they can get food from the machines and hand feed the goats and other animals. also at the marina where you can catch the boat to the magic kingdom you can also feed the fish the kids really love watching them.
Everynight they have a movie and a sing along, so many things we just got back from a 8 day stay and it was not enough time to do everything we wanted.

I hope you have a wonderful time.

Jill - We REALLY enjoyed riding bikes while staying at FW in the cabins. But the rental prices were WAY too expensive! If you think your kids might enjoy riding around the resort - if there's any way - try to bring your own bikes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter