Just back...

bunnyfoo

<font color=red>It's Monday and my mind was somewh
Hi everyone! I just got back from 8 great days at WDW :) We stayed at AKL and got a surprise upgrade to a savanah view (yay!) Our room was all the way at the end of the hall, I think it was about a 2 minute walk from the lobby ... but we had a great view and saw tons of animals :) Actually, I think they hang out there during the day because it's a little more quiet.

We did the sleigh ride at WL which was very fun! The only booking we could get was for 10PM, so it was very dark and we weren't able to see much during the woods portion. Strangely enough, there was someone jogging through the woods ... I wasn't able to get any pictures though. The horse 'Rodney' seemed a little skittish and I thought the flash might spook him. I'd have to say it was a great experience and would recommend it for anyone who had the time. I'd suggest going a little earlier though ... maybe 5:30 since it's still light out during that time :)

We also went to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. Main Street looked great at night, especially with all the Christmas decorations and 'snow' falling. We went on December 9 and it wasn't very crowded ... we walked onto all of the rides and I think the only line we stood in was for the family photos. I was also surprised that photos arrived already... but wouldn't you know it ... we got another family's photo :rolleyes: :laughing: I guess I'll have to call tomorrow to see what happened!

The weather was nice during the day ... it was very bright and sunny! So it seemed like it was going to be hot but it stayed cool most of the time. I thought it was quite comfortable ... my boyfriend was hoping for hotter weather. It was funny to see WDW staff dressed in hats, scarves and parkas in 15C weather :rotfl: Hey, that's warm for us!

Unfortunately, we did get sick half way through the trip and we missed out on a couple of things. Actually, there were lots of sick adults and children there. So if you're going ... bring cold medicine and your vitamins just in case :)

Any questions? Ask away :p

We were just there to and found the same thing we had pants on alot of the time but had a few days where it was extremely warm and kinda chuckled at the touques and scarvs and gloves the CM's wore. I asked one of them about their toque and he had no clue what I was refering to so I told him your winter hat you are wearing he looked at me like I was from another planet and then called over one of his friends to have a chuckle about the name I had called it. Glad you had a good time sorry you got sick I am now getting sick after arriving home oh well maybe I will have to take a few more days off work and finnish my trip reports.

Welcome home. Glad to hear you had a great time. Back to snow and reality.

Sorry to hear you got sick but like DD says, if you gotta get sick why not at Disney!LOL

So where did you guys end up eating? Details, we want more details!

Scratch
pirate:

DSNY FN, I thought I should have taken some pictures of them :p Of course, there were a couple nights when we were out that were so cold we ended up buying hats and gloves ourselves! Oh well ... at least they've got Mickey Mouse on them :) I think I caught a quick cold ... it feels like it's on the way out. I'm hoping it will be gone by the weekend!

Scratch, we ate at Chef Mickey's, Kona Cafe, Jiko, Boma (breakfast and dinner), 'Ohana and House of Blues ... and there were a couple more like Pecos Bill, Flame Tree BBQ and Casey's Corner. Kona Cafe and Jiko were awesome! We loved both of them. I will have to go back to Kona just for their pressed pot coffee and their Koko Puffs! Yum :p I didn't get a chance to try the desserts at Jiko since I stuffed myself with their olive flatbread and then the curry shrimp. Our waiter was telling us that when they first start working there, they spend their first day sampling everything on the menu. He said it was the toughest 9 hours he'd ever spent ... yeah, tough life :laughing: :rotfl: :laughing:

Welcome back...sounds like you had a great trip. Wow, a sleigh ride at WL sounds like so much fun...I'll have to keep that in mind if we ever go in December. After doing MNSSHP this year, I'd love to do MVMCP some time. And just keep telling yourself, whatever the weather was like during your trip...it was better than here. ;)

Welcome back Vicky! :) I really enjoy Kona Café too! I tried their banana creme brullé dessert and it was delicious!! Although I've seen all the Christmas decorations, I have yet to do MVMCP and a sleigh ride at WL sounds wonderful. Looking forward to seeing all your pictures at the next DIS meet!

DisneyLisa, I keep telling my boyfriend that ... he insists that he can better handle the cold weather better. I'll take a cool night of 10C over the cold and snow :) I'm hoping that I'll get to do MNSSHP one year ... MVMCP is awesome! You'll definitely have to go :)

Julie, I'm working overtime to get all my photos done. My relatives and friends are coming this weekend for a holiday party so I'm hoping to have everything done by Friday. I was able to take some great pictures with my new camera. It has manual functions so I got some nighttime photos :) Just let me know when the next meet is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter