just back

mtemm

<font color=teal>Doubly blessed<br><font color=dar
My husband and I were in CA for my class reunion and took a side trip to DL. Originally we bought 1 day park hoppers and planned only one day, but we got there earlier than expected this past monday so decided to go ahead and spend another day there. Warning to those who buy tix online...you can't upgrade to a 2 day park hopper or whatever, you can only do that if you buy them at the parks. So we forked over a bit more money for single park tix, but honestly it was worth it. We stayed at the Candy Cane due to the fact it was cheap, close, and highly regarded on these boards. It was perfect...couldn't have asked for any place better. Exactly what we were expecting.

The crowds were horrible on monday afternoon, but fastpass was wonderful. Even with the crowds we rode quite a bit. We skipped splash, Indiana Jones, and any others with huge waits and opted for rides like Haunted Mansion and others and move crowds thru efficiently. We did get a fast pass for I.J. so we did get on it that night...wonderful, although actually I liked Dinosaur at AK better (although we rode it last before they tamed it down, so don't know if that makes a difference). We had dinner in Downtown Disney at Naples and enjoyed it.

On Tuesday we got up early and headed back to DL, this time with our pre-purchased park hoppers. We walked right onto a ton of rides, including splash, thunder mountain, pirates (had ridden it monday as well), etc. In fact, the only wait we had was for Peter Pan. So worth it. Nice to see mr. toad again. I have to say I like DL so much more than MK. I don't know if its because I know it better, but I do. Fantasy Land is so much nicer. JMHO.

We did hop over to C.A. and rode Soaring (very cool) and dh rode Grizzly (it was too cold, I didn't want to get soaked...can't believe how cold CA was this week, at least in the mornings), and Tower of Terror. We weren't terribly impressed with C.A. and headed back to DL. The special 50th show (where Lincoln usually is) was really nice.

That night we had tix for the Fantasmic Dessert Buffet. This was a big deal for us. We tried to see fantasmic at wdw but weather prevented it on our last trip so we have never seen it. It was absolutely amazing. I called as soon as I was able to and we ended up with the best seats...front and center. The desserts were lovely, but it was really the show and the view that made it special. Since we saw the 9pm show we were able to hang out and watch the fireworks afterwards. Didn't get to see tink fly this way, but still amazing.

Glad you had a good time. I like DL better than MK too, especially fantasy land as well. Thanks for the observations, we will be heading there in a few weeks! I am excited to see all the 50th celebrations!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter