Just booked at the Food & Wine fest

Duckfan-in-Chicago

DIS Veteran
Just got off the phone with Disney. We have reservations for the Odyssey Cooking School on 11/3 (Japanese) for my wife and I. Also got Sweet Sundays for wife, mom, MIL, and I on 11/6.

It's early in the morning! Good for you. My DSis is vacationing in the Azores, and I don't want to book the Sweet Sundays until I find out if she will join me. I hope we don't miss out.

Bobbi :flower:

bobbiwoz said:
It's early in the morning! Good for you. My DSis is vacationing in the Azores, and I don't want to book the Sweet Sundays until I find out if she will join me. I hope we don't miss out.

There's a 72 cancellation policy. You could book it, and cancel with no risk.

It is very early in the morning, btw, and I'm off on mondays, so usually sleeping at this time, but I'm going to keep editing this until it's in English. That should be 72 hours.

Duckfan-in-Chicago said:
There's a 72 cancellation policy. You could book it, and cancel with no risk.

Thank you, I didn't realize that. So it IS decision making time.

Duckfan:

I made a reservation for the 11/6 Sweet Sunday as well. What time is your session? I'll be there at 10 a.m.

sk8belle

sk8belle said:
Duckfan:

I made a reservation for the 11/6 Sweet Sunday as well. What time is your session? I'll be there at 10 a.m.

sk8belle
10 am. They asked me what time I wanted. The website lists the time as 10-12. It also says the morning session will have a light breakfast-the only time listed is in the morning. Didn't have time to ask too many questions as I wanted to get the other reservation, but I'm not sure if there is one seating that lasts two hours or how it works.

Yeah, I couldn't figure out if it's an hour or two hours long either. I was just glad to get the reservation and, like you, didn't ask questions.

WA-HOOO!!
I got all my ressies! :sunny:

1 Exquisite Evening at Epcot Dinner
1 Speciality Dinner
1 Odyssey Cooking School
3 Party for the Senses
1 Lunch n Learn
1 Wine School

Now to decide about the food & wine pairings!
Just had breakfast, and just thinking about this I'm already hungary! :crazy:

Just booked the 10/29 Party of the Senses and the Spirited Ball for 10/30!

Can't wait!

Cyn

DVCconvert said:
1 Exquisite Evening at Epcot Dinner
1 Speciality Dinner
1 Odyssey Cooking School
3 Party for the Senses
1 Lunch n Learn
1 Wine School
That is a lot of partying for your senses. I have to say please carry a camera with you. You are the Anne Geddes of under counter photos and I'd hate to see the opportunity wasted. I know if I was going to that many events there would be at least one day that I'd maybe end up sleeping in the kitchen or the bathroom.

Duckfan-in-Chicago said:
That is a lot of partying for your senses. I have to say please carry a camera with you. You are the Anne Geddes of under counter photos and I'd hate to see the opportunity wasted. I know if I was going to that many events there would be at least one day that I'd maybe end up sleeping in the kitchen or the bathroom.

Oh I will have a camera with me! The nice thing about PftS is that each week the menu is different. Given the option, I'll pick sleeping in the kitchen! :earboy2:

10/22: Party for the Senses

10/26: Segway tour @ 9:30
Food & Wine Pairing @ Coral Reef (Living Seas) 3:00-4:30
Dinner @ Le Cellier @ 7:50

10/28: Dinner @ California Grill @ 8:00

10/30: Sweet Sundays

We originally signed up for Spirited Ball, but decided, on second thought, we would rather not do it (we're leaving for home the next day; there are too many iffy variables). Also, we were tempted to sign up for lots more. However, we didn't really want to be "burdened" (if that's the right word) by Epcot, the F & W festival, or the possibility of experiencing too much heavy food. We also wanted to leave some room for spontaneity during our 10 day trip. So, this amount of food planning seemed just about right. I guess we'll know when we get there. If we find ourselves saying, "Crud! We should have done *that*, too!", then we'll store that away for future reference.

wow I didn't get all my choices I wanted the signature Dinner Series for Oct 9, Flavors of Africa but that was sold out.
So this is what i got: Exquiste Evenings at Epcot-Oct 14, Amazing Australia
Lunch and Learn Oct 15,- Karlheinz Hauser
Party of the Senses Oct 15 (featuring Ming Tsai)
Sweet Sundays- Oct 9- Jacquy Pfeiffer French Pastry School

I wanted the Lunch and Learn with Ming Tsai on the 14th but at least I will be at one of his events. I hope that there is a cancellation for the Flavors of Africa so I can go.

chirona said:
wow I didn't get all my choices I wanted the signature Dinner Series for Oct 9, Flavors of Africa but that was sold out.
So this is what i got: Exquiste Evenings at Epcot-Oct 14, Amazing Australia
Lunch and Learn Oct 15,- Karlheinz Hauser
Party of the Senses Oct 15 (featuring Ming Tsai)
Sweet Sundays- Oct 9- Jacquy Pfeiffer French Pastry School

I wanted the Lunch and Learn with Ming Tsai on the 14th but at least I will be at one of his events. I hope that there is a cancellation for the Flavors of Africa so I can go.

How did you know Ming Tsai will be at the PfS on 10/15? Is there a list somewhere...?

lunch and learn with Chris Prosperio (French) 11/4

I am still kinda overwhelmed at all the choices, usually we just graze around...

When I called the person at Disney look on his list and told me on that date that he will be featured. I said I thought there will be 25 chefs he said true but Ming Tsao will be the one featured

No problem Booking Party of Senses for 10/22, didn't even get put on hold called at 12 noon.

Want to do dinner at Fulton's Crab House, Sweet Sunday, Sedway Tour and treatments at SSR Spa. ahhhh sooo much to do, so little time. Oh yeah have to squeeze in visiting with son whos working at wdw from aug til Jan.

Cat lady and Chirona...I will be doing part for the senses with my DH Oct 15 also! I am SUPER PSYCHED to hear Ming Tsai will be one of the featured chefs! I can't wait! I will be wearing a lime green micky...so PLEASE introduce yourselves!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter