Just booked Southwest out of Buf for Nov

Jo-Anne

DIS Veteran
Well, I did it...it was a bit more expensive than I had "heard/hoped", but Southwest just opened up their schedule to end of Dec so I booked our cruise flights. So for four of us to go roundtrip from Buffalo to Orlando is $940 USD/~$1272 Cdn. We'll stay the night before in a hotel as we are taking the 7:20 direct flight...so all in all, a much better option than the $2400 Air Canada is quoting for my dates! For those with experience using Southwest, how early should we be at airport, and do you think the prices will drop, and if so, how do I get the reduced fares. Thanks so much. Jo

Congratulations of another step towards your trip Jo-Anne!;)

Actually those prices aren't too bad.;) We flew on the same direct flight this past March and for the first time also Southwest and would fly with them again anyday! Great service and staff and a heck of a lot cheaper that flying out of Toronto or anyplace in Canada these days!:p

We took the Niagara Air bus shuttle to the airport and if I can remember (soooo early in the middle of the night;) ) we arrived about 2 hours before our flight and had only about a 10 minute wait to go through security (although the lines looked alot worse than they were). We had time to sit down and have a muffin and coffee and were pleased to find we got an "A" boarding pass.There is a TV in the departure lounge to sit and watch which will pass the time quicker.On board we were given tea, coffee juice etc and a package of cookies. On the return flight home we had crackers,pretzels and drinks, so be sure and take something to munch on or there is a coffee shop right across for the departure lounge.:)

I kept on checking my dates after I had booked with SW and one day it came up cheaper so I just called the phone number on their site and they gave me a credit good for up to one year to any place SW flies.It really depends on which category you booked your flight with...ie: internet special etc. But keep an eye out as every little bit of money saved is a little more money to spend at WDW!Have fun with your planning.:) :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I have flown from there on Southwest, was a very enjoyable exp.

We got there about 2 hours before flight , we where too early. People started lining up about 1hr 15 min's before flight. It was kind of like every one was waiting for someone else to start the line up. We ended up pre boarding because DD was 3 at the time (preboard is for 5 and under). oh I guess I should mention this was pre 9/11 in fact we came home on 9/9.

Don't know if you have young ones but there is a nice Frisher Price play room just off the food court.

Keep in mind there is only a snack on the plane so you might want to bring extras if you get hungry.

If you have any questions I would be happy to answer.
Nancy

P.S. We stayed at the Wellsey Inn the night before and left our car there with no problems

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter