• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just disembarked the 8/23 sailing of the Dream - Happy to answer any questions

So this wasn’t the Safe Passage QR code, but the one we printed from DCL after online check-in with our PAT info? I thought I saw a video of someone having it on the app but I don’t see where it might be. Will that paper suffice?
Paper was fine, and where you see it online you can add it to your digital wallet.

I was on a back to back so from 8/20 -8/27 and not once did we have any problems getting into or around the pool or the hot tubs… no sign ups but they didn’t do that for the family pools either just wait in line if it was at capacity… I didn’t see anyone having a problem with that either except a few reluctant kids not wanting to get out lol… I don’t blame them! LPinFL I hope you don’t mind me jumping in on your posts! I hope you had a fabulous time like we did!!
Nope, it’s all good. Answer away!

Did you use the drink cart at all? Do you have an outline or a schedule of what they were doing for snacks and such in the lounge?

Sorry if I missed as well but did you make any special requests?
Drink cart in the lounge? I had Malibu and Coke Zero. My better half had margaritas. We only did snacks around 5:00 - it was minimal and changed, but always a cheese plate and chocolate covered marshmallows with little Mickey candies.

Did you use the drink cart at all? Do you have an outline or a schedule of what they were doing for snacks and such in the lounge?

Sorry if I missed as well but did you make any special requests?
Drink cart in the lounge? I had Malibu and Coke Zero. My better half had margaritas. We only did snacks around 5:00 - it was minimal and changed, but always a cheese plate and chocolate covered marshmallows with little Mickey candies.

I was on a back to back
How was the B2B process? Same as before or did you have to go all the way outside and re-enter? Before you could go through customs, make a right and back up the escalator. It was pretty sweet.

Are the food offerings in the lounge are significantly reduced from before?

Hi, thank you for taking time to answer questions for everyone. Can you tell me if the Skyline was open other than for tastings? We like to spend an hour or so there each night for Happy Hour(s). TIA

What is the mix of adults and children under age 12?
Way more adults than kids, but I wouldn’t even hazard a guess, sorry. With a gun to my head, maybe 85-15? Will be curious to see what others say.

Hi, thank you for taking time to answer questions for everyone. Can you tell me if the Skyline was open other than for tastings? We like to spend an hour or so there each night for Happy Hour(s). TIA
I think someone said it was not. I remember seeing Happy Hours listed elsewhere, but not there, so that makes sense.
Are the food offerings in the lounge are significantly reduced from before?
Tough to say. Haven’t done concierge since 2016.

Beauty and the Beast was first and last nights, with Believe the 2nd and 3rd nights. We actually saw another show at 11pm on the last night. We went for pizza, and they were doing a rehearsal for an upcoming Halloween character dance show. It seemed pretty long and featured each character doing a solo dance and well as group dancing. Only a few guests were there and we weren't allowed to photo or video. There were a lot of CM's and officers cheering them on.

We were told that over 300 people were turned away for the 8/23 cruise. We heard an officer say there were just under 1400 on the cruise, but wonder if that was before or after the turnaways.

We were surprised that the Cove Cafe closed at 9pm. There are some tastings after that.

Add my name to the list of people (petition?) missing the paper Navigators.

Last edited:
I can help with certain questions as I too just got off the Dream on a back to back…
Can you share a bit about what it was like between your two cruises? How long were you off the ship? What was the procedure like to disembark and then re-embark?

We were told that over 300 people were turned away for the 8/23 cruise. We heard an officer say there were just under 1400 on the cruise, but wonder if that was before or after the turnaways.
Turned away? For not having all their tests done like people on the first cruise or some other reason?

What was the adult nightlife/entertainment like? Was there live entertainment? Clubs all open? Crowded or deserted? Thanks!

Dinner was great.

I was not impressed by their offering, or the shops in general. Rare that I leave with nothing, but that happened this time.
Beauty and the Beast was first and last nights, with Believe the 2nd and 3rd nights. We actually saw another show at 11pm on the last night. We went for pizza, and they were doing a rehearsal for an upcoming Halloween character dance show. It seemed pretty long and featured each character doing a solo dance and well as group dancing. Only a few guests were there and we weren't allowed to photo or video. There were a lot of CM's and officers cheering them on.

We were surprised that the Cove Cafe closed at 9pm. There are some tastings after that.

Add my name to the list of people (petition?) missing the paper Navigators.
why were so many turned away?

My DH asked if the Cabanas Dinner Offering was available on nights 2 and 3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter