• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

just got back... any ?'s

amp078

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone...

I just got back yesterday. We had a great time!! Any Questions about my trip... please ask!!!

Welcome back

Did you stay on or offsite? And how did you like your resort. Did the parks seem very busy to you? Thanks!

I stayed off property at the Marriott Village... it was OK, but there were quite a few cutbacks since this time last year. An employee of Marriott told us that before Sept 11 their occupancy was 90% and now it was about 15%. They have laid off quite a few people.

The bus service (Mears) that took us to the parks everyday said that Disney laid off 1,500 people and cut hours from alot more cast members.

Service at the parks was great... Magic Kingdom was packed on Sat when I went but they only have Spectromagic on weekends right now. I went back to MK on Tues and as soon as the gates opened, we headed for Fantasyland... I went on every ride with no wait and was on to Frontierland within an hour!!! It was amazing!!! The other parks seemed busy but there were no waits for anything and Fastpass was not available at too many locations like it normally is. We really didn't use Fastpass at all...

If you have any other ?'s, please let me know!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter