Just got back Feb 20-25, 2010

prittfamily98

Mouseketeer
Our family just got back from Disney World. We had the best time EVER, and we have been over 20 times.
We did something off the wall! We decided to drive aat night, midnite. I stayed up until midnite and let DH sleep until it was time to go. He is a night owl so we all climbed in the van and fell asleep while he drove us the 7 hours down there.
He woke me up about 7am to finished the drive in. HINT if coming from the north ALWAYS AND I MEAN ALWAYS take 429S towards Tampa. There is NO BODY on the road and you bypass Orlando completely. AND it takes you into the back/side of Disney property and there is a sign that welcomes you to Disney.
We got to Animal kingdom Kidani Villas about 7:30ish and freshened up. I walked up to the counter and told the very nice clerk that we arrived very early and by any chance was our room ready. YES IT WAS. WHOOHOO :yay: We headed to our room and DH fell right to sleep.
We headed out to the parks but had not bought our tickets yet. We got to Hollywood and bought season passes cheaper than any other tickets for our party size. There are 5 of us. We managed to get a table straight away at 50's Prime Time cafe. We had a very patient "MOM" named Sue. My son gave her a hard time-always had his elbows on the table. We only had to wait at one ride-Toy Story. doesn't everyone?
They crowds were VERY NICE.
We had dinner at 1900 Fare. My DS yet again became a smarty pants trying to get Anastasia to yell "Birthday Lierrrr" at me. We were celebrating my 39th birthday. She didn't yell those words but she did yell and at the top of her lungs. We had a great laugh.
To Shorten the rest of the story:.....every park was NOT packed. We have been every month and this was BY FAR the least crowded time. AT all the PARKS we walked on every ride. AND several times we rode a ride 2 or 3 times in a row, without getting off. That was cool...
I did have a birthday present for myself. I went to the SPA AT SARATOGA SPRINGS. OH MY GOSH!! HEAVEN!!!I had NEVER done a spa before. I splurged. I really splurged and did the 3 hour package. It was soooo goood! I will be going back.
We are DVC members and never really tried to use the discounts before. Boy we did this time. We signed DS up for the Pirate Cruise at Beach Club. He loved it and it cost us $32. We put him in the Sandcastle Club there also. it only cost us $40. with the discount. Lunch at the Biergarten(our favorite resturant) normally runs us 130-150 if we get beer. BUT with discount $105. OH YEAH!
DH and I went out and had a date-at EPCOT. We love the Rose and Crown. We had the sweetest waitress, Carolyn-sadly it was her last night working at Disney before heading home to UK with her fiance' (who was a bartender at the pub section-it was his last night too!)
DH and I laughed and had the best vacation ever-even with 3 kids arguing behind us as we walked hand in hand around the best place on earth-DISNEY WORLD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter