Just Got Back!!! Some reviews!

annamonte

Tired of the old tags!
Well, even though we got back from our vacation 10/8,

I am just getting around to typing up some reviews:

Chef Mickey's - Dinner: Great Food and Great Characters. There was Prime Rib and Roast Turkey at the carving station. A wonderful pumpkin soup and two pasta dishes. Also, a nice salad bar. Kids section had mini hot dogs, pizza, chicken strips and mac & cheese. Dessert section had make your own sundae with lots of toppings, Key Lime pie (yummy! ::yes:: ) and other cakes and cookies! Characters: Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Chip, Dale and Donald. A must do for every visit!

Whispering Canyon - Breakfast - Very tasy and a nice menu selection. Great Service too! I had belgian waffles w/fresh strawberries and DH and Kids had the skillet... wonderful!

Lunch: Kids had Chicken Strips w/ Fries, I had Chicken Salad and DH had Fried Chicken, everything was wonderful! Service was good, but if you are looking for excitement, go for dinner!

Dinner: Food was great! Kids had Chicken Strips and Hot Dogs w/ Fries, I had NY Strip Steak and DH had Meatloaf. We also had milkshakes, cookies and cream.... everything was incredible! And the service was wonderful! Kids did the pony races. and DD even got up to sing on the microphone. We didn't have to ask for ketchup since it was on our table already!

Cindy's Royal Table - Breakfast - Wonderful Food and service! Kids and DH had the hot platter w/ Eggs, bacon, sausage, waffle? and potatoes. I had the cold platter w/ fruit, granola and yogurt topped with caramelized bananas... everything was yummy! And first they brought out a basket w/ pastries and fruit and yogurt! The characters were: Aladdin, Aurora, Snow White, Belle, Cinderella and Fairy Godmother! Great view of Fantasyland from the window too!

Alfredo's di Roma - Epcot - Wonderful service from handsome Italian Waiters ;) !! I spoke Italian to them and they loved it! Kids had Spaghetti and Meatballs. I had Pasta Sampler and DH had Gnocchi w/ gorgonzola sauce. We also split tomato and mozzarella appetizer. Oh, I had a Bellini to drink... yummy!

Donald's Breakfastasauras (AK) - The Worst!!! Food was OK, not much left for 10:15 PS. Service was horrid!! Had to ask for coffee and chocolate milk 3 times!!! :mad: Character interaction was ok! But, you can get same characters at Chef Mickey's! Wouldn't do it again at all!

Sci-Fi Diner (MGM) - Lunch - Delicious Burgers!!! Even though they were $11 each! Kids had hot dogs. Great service and decor! Kids liked sitting in the "cars" watching movies!

Tony's Town Square (MK) - Dinner - Great Service, Nice decor. Food so-so. I had salad appetizer, tasty, DH had fried calamari, good too. But, main courses were not that great. Kids had ravioli, swimming in sauce... ok. I had eggplant rolletini, cold cheese inside and eggplant was very tough. DH had steak. His was good.

Crystal Palace (MK) - Dinner - Great service, food and character interaction. We had 5:25 PS on MNSSHP night. Food was wonderful... nice selection even for kids. Carving station had roast turkey and prime rib. Only minus was that there were alot of cajun spiced things... a little too much for the kids! Dessert... awesome creme brulee, carrot cake, red velvet cake and ice cream, cookies, brownies!

Princess Breakfast - Epcot - Norway - Wonderful food, service and character interaction. Food was pastry basket and fruit and yogurt first. Then family style breakfast platter w/ eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes and waffles. Servers were nice and asked if we wanted more. Characters were Mary Poppins, Aurora, Belle, Jasmine and Mulan.

Garden Grill (Epcot - Land) - Wonderful food and service. The characters were great too! Chip & Dale were especially funny! Food was wonderful salad and bread first. Then platter for kids w/ chicken fingers, fries, mac & cheese. Adults had a roast pork, mashed potatoes, stuffing, corn, and I forgot what else! Dessert was an apple cobble w/ cinnamon ice cream for adults and dirt cups for the kids!

Liberty Tree Tavern (MK) - Dinner - Best Food for Character Dining! Thanksgiving dinner, roast turkey, glazed ham, mashed potatoes, mac & cheese, string beans and stuffing!!! YUMMY!! Dessert was delicious apple cobbler w/ ice cream. Characters were Minnie, Chip, Dale and Meeko.

Conter service:
Pinocchio house - MK - great burgers
Ice Cream Parlor - MK - great ice cream sundaes
Ghiradelli - DTD - best ice cream sundaes ever!
Italy - Epcot - Gelato imported from Italy!

Well, that was my culinary "journey!" Hope you got some ideas from it! :D

thanks for the reviews although I really need to stop reading these since I have made all the PS i'm going to make and keep wanting to change (lol)!

Whispering Canyon Breakfast ..is it "rowdy"? don't know how much I'd like that pre coffee.

thanks

Thanks for the reviews-sounds like some good meals.
It's funny though-how people's experiences can be different.
We hated the food at Cindy's breakfast and we thought the best brekafast of our trip was at Donalds!
Too funny :D

jann1033: WC Breakfast wasn't really that rowdy.. But there were a couple of servers who were trying to get things going. Most of the diners didn't give in... I think they needed their coffee too!! ;)

JBurke: See how funny these reviews are... I guess it comes down to, if you have been thinking of trying a certain restaurant, go for it... you might be the only positive out of all the negatives!

Thanks for the reviews. I am in the stages of confirming/changing PSs and deciding on counter service so your post really helped me confirm that I am going to skip the breakfastasauras. I've just heard too many bad reviews. We will do the Chef Mickey's character meal & LTT. :wave2:

Thanks for the info. Based on DIS advice, we have the earliest PS at Breakfastosaurus--my 3-year-old nephew picked that one so we will hope for the best!

Great report for what sounded like a great trip ! Thank you !

Thank you for the reviews. One of these days I will have to try Chef Mickey for dinner...we have only did Breakfast.

We had a nice time at Donald's breakfast, but we had an 8:00am PS, not sure if that makes a difference.

I agree with last writer...jacksonsmom...about Chef Mickey. Breakfast there is a family tradition for us...but sounds like we need to try a dinner there, too!
Seems like we agree on a lot, annamonte! Donald's we found to be okay, but extremely rushed...limited character interaction. I think the main problem is the place is way too big!
We went a few weeks ago and our only disappointment was missing Garden Grill. (It was pouring when we pulled into the parking lot and since it was our first night, we decided to save the park hopper admission.) Can't wait to try it next year, though!
And as for Cindy's breakfast....I'm a big eggs and bacon guy, but I really, really enjoyed the granola/yogurt plate last year. It was very good!
Glad you enjoyed your trip.

Your reviews,sorry you had bad experience at Breakfastosaurus hope ours is better when we go in early December.We have 8:05 am PS maybe that will help.:wave2: ::MickeyMo :sunny:

Thank you for the reviews. It sounds like you had a great trip! I will be dining at several of the same restaurants in early December so it was great to hear your positive reviews. We do have Donald's booked though. The kids really want to do it so I will keep my fingers crossed and hope for good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter