Just got back!

Seeker615

Harry Potter Fanatic!
Hi all

Just got back from our short visit to Universal.

We stayed 3 nights at Royal Pacific and once again had a great stay. Rooms are lovely and so are the staff
We were able to get our annual passes right at the hotel which was wonderful.

Great things:

Anthony Hinds! - I am so glad we used him for our trip. We had multiple legs on our journey and he was always on time an communicated with us before each leg. Such a sweet guy. We would use him again and recommend to everyone!

Royal Pacific - our second stay here and will not be the last. Wonderful staff, great location and the morning we ate breakfast in the dining room we had the pleasure of meeting some characters like the minions and bunnies from Hop. Not to mention our waiter was amazing!

Studios - Awesome time. I do prefer the studio side to IOA. I like the feel of the place better and the settings. The new HP area was amazing. I was in awe. A surprise hit for us was the Jimmy Fallon ride. It was really well done and the virtual reality was amazing. I loved the Gringots ride as well. Lines were surprisingly short for the ride. I think 10 minutes was the longest we waited.

IOA - We enjoyed the parks and of course Hogsmeade. Lines were very manageable. The new Kong Ride was decent. I am glad we had express passes!

Characters - OMG - we had a blast meeting characters. My favorite encounter was with Beetlejuice. He was totally in character and was grabbing me and telling my hubby I belonged to him now. We got the best pictures! Lucy and Marliyn were totally in character as well. My hubby loved the attention he got from them both! We met the whole Scooby gang and had a great chat with them all and the Raptor encounter was a lot of fun as well. We met quite a few characters and every interaction was fun!

Not as great:

Rip Ride Rocket - OMG can anything be more traumatic. I felt like I was totally broken by the end of the ride. The seats offer no support at all. I rode it before and I guess I don't remember being knocked around so much. Never again.

Terminator - Okay show but I think it is time to retire this one.

Hogwarts Express - We waited 30 minutes to board. I found it to be a bit of a let down. Cute but unless there is no line I would not do it again.

Other:

Wand Show - We dd the show at the studios side. It was us and 2 other young women, Wouldn't you know it my husband got picked! I so wanted to do it and so did the 2 women who were with us. Hubby had a blast!

Heat - It was hotter then hot our first afternoon. In fact waiting in line for the train I got severely dehydrated. It was really scary. I thought I was going to pass out at one point. Lesson learned - keep hydrated!

We had so much fun. We enjoyed meals at Citywak and played mini golf as well. Vivo was excellent for Italian food. We also ate at Hard Rock and Jakes. Everything was delicious!

I am so glad to hear you had such a fantastic trip!

Yes, RRR can be deemed as traumatic at times.......lol......but I love it! But, how scary to get dehydrated, very easily done though......glad you were ok.

We've always found the character interaction to be fabulous at Universal, glad you found the same thing.......how long till your next trip........:D

Sounds like a fabulous trip all round...........

Yay, another thumbs-up for the Royal Pacific! :) Thanks for sharing your experiences with us!

I am so glad to hear you had such a fantastic trip!

Yes, RRR can be deemed as traumatic at times.......lol......but I love it! But, how scary to get dehydrated, very easily done though......glad you were ok.

We've always found the character interaction to be fabulous at Universal, glad you found the same thing.......how long till your next trip........:D

Sounds like a fabulous trip all round...........

Hopefully next October. I have a conference in Orlando and my hubby wants to do Halloween Horror Nights!

Sounds like a great time! That's really cool your husband was picked for the wand show, I'm really hoping DD gets picked when we go. She's all about Harry Potter these days.

Where does Beetlejuice meet? I'd love to see him!

RRR has some really rough cars. I don't ride it anymore just because I don't want to risk the headache.
I always ask for the front seat or very back. Usually much smoother.

Sounds like a great time! That's really cool your husband was picked for the wand show, I'm really hoping DD gets picked when we go. She's all about Harry Potter these days.

Where does Beetlejuice meet? I'd love to see him!

He meets in front of the Horror Make Up Show. Also we saw him randomly stalking people in front of Mel's Drive In. He was our favorite meet and greet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter