Just got back!

debbiemomto4

Mouseketeer
We just got back from DW on Friday. had a great time. We got a GAC for ds. -4 yrold in remission from cancer 2 yrs on the 4/24:Pinkbounc .
He has a lot of endurance and stamina problems from chemo, hearing loss & sensitivity to sun= we got a Gac so we could use the stroller like a wheelchair and had another pass for shows so we could sit up front.- Actually we didn't use that one at all. The sounds p close made his ears ring to much. We did get to use the pass as a fast pass-CM that gave pass told us that was our fast pass for rides instead of getting one and coming back later. We did use the handicap entrance for Splash Mountain because of the stairs I would have to carry him through that line-he's 45 lbs now.-(not happening now)
He had a great time! He loves any ride that is fast and dips unlike his daddy.
Visited Give Kids the World and played games - he loved that- his wish had been 2 yrs ago. and always talks about it-so they let you go back and visit.
We also stayed at POP had two rooms there one room they gave us had the refrig. in the cabinet for his meds.
Had a great time but now we're back and sooo sad! But we talk about it alot!!!

::MickeyMo

Thanks for posting a report.
Glad to hear you had a great time.
I know in the past, we have had some posts from GKTW volunteers. It's very special for them when some of their former guests can come back. They love to see the families and it really helps them to keep being able to do their jobs to know that some of the kids are able to make a return trip.

How wonderful that your child is in remission for two years. Fantastic. Thanks for sharing your story, I love to hear such positive trip reports.

Glad to hear your family had a wonderful time at WDW!

We stayed at GKTW 3 years ago and planning a return trip to WDW next month. We plan to visit GKTW some evening for dinner and rides on the merry-go-round. Has anything at GKTW changed since your original visit? How did you get back inside? We were told just to drive up to the gate, ask to be let in and stop in the office to re-introduce ourselves. Is it that easy?

Yes , it is that easy. We ended up spending 4 hours there. They added a mini-golf course and more arcade games (which my kids loved) and a train.We had lunch there at the ice cream shoppe (they had sandwiches) and ice cream of course! They had a great time. They are already thinking about for next time.

Smiles
Debbie:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter