Just missed the $150 resort credit offer, what are the odds Disney would extend it if I call and ask nicely?

SteveNZ

Mouseketeer
We just booked some flights to HNL for October - our first overseas trip since our last trip to Aulani in 2018 - but it looks like we just missed out on the $150 resort credit offer when booking for 4 nights or more. Has anyone ever had any success with Disney extending these kind of offers? Any tips on what to say / how to ask? Or are they completely by-the-book about it and there's no hope in asking?

We just booked some flights to HNL for October - our first overseas trip since our last trip to Aulani in 2018 - but it looks like we just missed out on the $150 resort credit offer when booking for 4 nights or more. Has anyone ever had any success with Disney extending these kind of offers? Any tips on what to say / how to ask? Or are they completely by-the-book about it and there's no hope in asking?
When you say missed out does that mean on the days you booked, or you booked early and its just been released. If the later, then yes call and they can cancel and rebook with the new credit, book the new room 1st to make sure you get it, then cancel the other. If you mean missed out because it is outside of the dates they are offering, then no there is usually no flex,,but never hurts to ask.

When you say missed out does that mean on the days you booked, or you booked early and its just been released. If the later, then yes call and they can cancel and rebook with the new credit, book the new room 1st to make sure you get it, then cancel the other. If you mean missed out because it is outside of the dates they are offering, then no there is usually no flex,,but never hurts to ask.
What I meant was rooms are available, but there was on offer to get a $150 resort credit for stays of 4+ nights in October, but it the offer expired May 4th. I just gave them a call but unfortunately there was nothing they could do. Oh well, can't hurt to ask.

EDIT: I'm working with Dreams Unlimited now as they are currently offering one free refillable mug per person which is a great deal.

Last edited:
If the offer is expired, then you could call to see if there is a new offer. The early booking offers have expiration dates as to when you must book by and usually a new offer with the same discount comes out a few days after that but without the additional incentive. Just keep in mind if you book with a specific offer and you make changes to your reservation, then it would be subject to new rates/availability.

What I meant was rooms are available, but there was on offer to get a $150 resort credit for stays of 4+ nights in October, but it the offer expired May 4th. I just gave them a call but unfortunately there was nothing they could do. Oh well, can't hurt to ask.

EDIT: I'm working with Dreams Unlimited now as they are currently offering one free refillable mug per person which is a great deal.
The mugs are $22. Of course my wife and I are just a party of two, but that doesn’t strike me as a killer deal.

The mugs are $22. Of course my wife and I are just a party of two, but that doesn’t strike me as a killer deal.
There are four of us so it’s worth $88 plus tax. That’s not to be sniffed at (to keep things in perspective, I said it was a “great” deal. “Killer deal” is your words, not mine) and there’s no down side so why wouldn’t I take it?

Last edited:

Yes, with there is almost always an offer available for off-peak seasons and they usually do include a resort credit for stays over 4 or 5 nights.

Looking at the Aulani website they are promoting 25% off 4 night stays for most nights August 23 through November 18, maybe check with your Dreams agent if they have booked this rate for you already? Not sure how limited the nights are though, it could be no rooms available for your dates.

We're there in January (also from NZ) so hoping some discounts are released for when we are there (arriving 8th Jan)

Looking at the Aulani website they are promoting 25% off 4 night stays for most nights August 23 through November 18, maybe check with your Dreams agent if they have booked this rate for you already? Not sure how limited the nights are though, it could be no rooms available for your dates.

We're there in January (also from NZ) so hoping some discounts are released for when we are there (arriving 8th Jan)
Oh yup we managed to get that rate -- but for a limited period you could also get a $150 resort credit but we just missed the "book by" date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter