Just returned, a short review and thanks to all of you!

wishonstars

Earning My Ears
Hey I just wanted to post a quick note of thanks to everyone on these boards for their planning help over the last few months! :) We just returned and had a great time!

Here's a few quick highlights:

- LOVED the Small World Christmas. I think "overlay" almost sounds like they just add in a few decorations here and there, boy was I wrong... that Small World Holiday is like an entirely new ride... just AMAZING!!! Definitely not to be missed.

- Loved the holiday light show on the front of It's a Small World (my dad said he liked that better than the parade... lol!).

- Oh the holiday parade... WONDERFUL!!! All the holiday stuff was really nice to see! (Can you tell it was my first holiday trip!)

- Haunted Mansion was also great with the holiday overlay. Again, like an ENTIRELY new ride (same mechanics but totally different stuff inside!)

- Santa's Reindeer Roundup - I didn't make it over there by some of us did and said it was just "ok"... they didn't want to go back, but it looked like a nice place to hang and relax for a minute away from the crowds. Santa was there and real reindeer as well.

- YOAMD - we didn't win anyhing but saw a few people with ears (maybe 30 - 50 total on our 3 day trip) and we saw 5 groups with Dream Fast Passes (I honestly thought because the crowds were so low they weren't handing them out for a few days there, but I saw some on the last day). It was fun being there for the promotion even though we weren't ever the lucky recipients. (I made it a point to not mention things to the kids about it so they wouldn't feel disappointed about not picking up anything). It's ironic but as far as "magic" goes this was probably our "least magical trip yet" (but we have had some really really cool magic stuff in the past, so it's all good!). I think our "magic" was just seeing all the cool holiday decorations and being there at this time of year, and it was awesome!

- The fireworks were great... the snow almost made me cry. Beautiful.

- Ariels Grotto for lunch - that was fun, but not as fun as it had been in the past. We hadn't been there for about four years ago (back when it was like Chip, Dale, Pluto, etc.) and no one hardly went there. Now it's PACKED with people, the princesses were nice for the 30 seconds they were at our table (they couldn't stay any longer than that... too many people in there!) and the food was good... but my daughter is 8, and this is probably our last trip to eat there. It just took up too much of our time (we had a reservation and they seated us about 15 minutes past our reserved time), and too much of our money... lol! I used to LOVE the interaction and the quiet laid back atmosphere... not any more... it's like crazy busy now. I think they sang "Happy Birthday" to someone like every two minutes... lol! But if you have a little girl into princesses, then it's still worth it, you know!

OK, that's all I can think of right now... but we had a superb time and if anyone needs any schedule/recent event questions answered I can try to help you out.

Thanks again to this board... :)

thanks for the info, what days were you there and how were the crowds? I am planning for next december and trying to decide the best time to go.....

Tell me about the weather popcorn:: What type of outerware did you need. :listen:

We were at Disneyland on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of this week... so Nov. 28 through 30th. We were also in S. California the week before that. The weather was great the week before (we wore shorts to the San Diego Zoo and Sea World) and then it was pretty nice for our trip except for Wednesday. Wednesday was FRIGID! There was a wind, but it was a cold wind and it was definitley heavy jacket or coat weather. We had brought our heavy coats with zip out liners but had only brought the liners to the park. (It looked so bright and sunny in the morning, and the forecast that day was supposed to be good a few days prior) On Wednesday I will admit that I wished I had my whole coat with me, but I survived... lol! Some of our group even put on their dry ponchos over their jackets to just stay a little warmer. (The guy at Star Tours said "Oh has it started to rain out there?", we were like "No, not really!")

Tuesday and Thursday were much nicer, although they did cancel the fireworks show on Thursday (as well as Wednesday) but the winds had died down a lot by then, so we were a little surprised by that. We caught the fireworks on Tuesday and I'm glad we did!

Overall the weather was great with the exception of Wednesday.

Crowds... small. Rarely any wait for rides at all, although there were a lot of people in the park in the main areas and streets and such so it didn't feel quite as "empty" as I had hoped for... I think we waited for Autopia for about 1/2 hour one morning and we waited for about 15-20 minutes to tour Mickeys house, small wait once or twice on Indiana Jones and other than that the other rides were virtually walk on.

Abby... I don't know about the rest of the month, but this seemed to be a nice time to go. We also talked with some people who had been the Sunday and Monday before we went and said the rides were all walk ons as well. I was suprised to hear that about Sunday.

Great review, brings back wonderful memories of my trip last year :).

I quite like the reindeer and Santa in the reindeer round up though. Just seeing reindeer was a thrill for me. I know what you mean though when you relay your friends thoughts who thought it was just OK. For me, it added a lot to the overall atmosphere :).

Glad you had such a good trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter