Just returned from 9 days at WDW....

EiLuvCinderella

DIS Veteran
and we are sold on the Swan!

From the minute we checked in (with absolute ease) and got an upgraded view (due to SPG card) even with the Teacher's rate at $129 a night!, to the last bellman helping us load up our luggage to leave, all 9 days at the Swan were wonderful.
Spent our first day in MK, on my 40th birthday, and enjoyed all the extra "Happy Birthday's" I heard from wearing the special birthday pin (gotten at City Hall). Even Cinderella waved to me and mouthed Happy Birthday to me from her snow globe! MAGICAL! Ate at Gulliver's buffet that night. Delicious food and excellent service. I recommend the shrimp/pasta!
The grotto pool was perfect. The slide there was enjoyed by all in our party. It was always neat and clean. The bathroom was nearby as well. Sometimes, when time was not on our side, we swam nearer to the Swan in our lap pool. Perfect! Towels always abundant there.
Used the laundry room at the Dolphin. Just wish they had one at the Swan too. It would have been easier. Only other small dissappointment was the pool closing at 9PM as oppossed to 11 or 12 at other Disney hotels.
We were happy with the selection at Tubbi's and the value was wonderful. (EXCELLENT PIZZA!) We got the 20% off from the Disney Club! We also had delicious ice cream at Beaches and Cream (YC).
One of our favorite meals was eaten in CS (Marketplace). That was yummy. Our server Henry was terrific!
Loved sending photos home through e-mail at Kodak booths in Imagination (EPCOT). Heard from the family at home how wonderful it was for them to get the photos!
We thoroughly enjoyed the new "Once upon a Toy" toy store in DD. Our favorite was making the Mr. Potato Heads. and having even more fun cramming as much into that box as possible. Very reasonable souvenir. DD4 loved making "computer heads" LOL
*******TIP***** Don't forget to fill the actual potato!
Our favorite nightime show was Fastasmic. The Hollywood and Vine buffet was scrumptious. Prime rib - YUMMY, mashed pototoes, green beans.. lotsa choice for everyone in our party. We got the Fastasmic dinner show and got excellent seats in Ursula section. Our fav... Pocahontas scenes!
WWTBAM was excellent! I found my seat number on "the board" and was estactic!!! =) Even got the camera zoomed on me as I waved to all my fans! (HA HA)
We had such a wonderful time in WDW this time around (our 12th trip and longest stay ever). WE WILL NEVER STAY ANYWHERE ELSE! We loved the transportation to EPCOT and MGM. and the bus to MK/AK was not bad either. Had our own car for DTD, so can't comment on transporation there.
SWAN rules! We all highly recommend this resort to everyone!
Eileen

Could you elaborate on the "stuffing the box" thing at the DD store? THey were building that store when we were there this past winter. Thanks.

Glad you had such a wonderful time. That teachers rate at the Swan is great!

Kim...
The crowds were perfect. MK always packed. but the other parks were much less crowded. We've been to Disney in Nov as well as March and the parks' crowds this time around were even smaller. Very little waiting on rides. Even Fast pass was not too far in advance. Enjoy your upcoming trip.

Vicb...
DD toy store has an area right inside the entrance, that is a "Build your own Mr. Potato Head". They give you a small box and a potato, then you pick and choose which hair, eyes, feet, etc to pick out. WHATEVER you CAN fit into the entire box, as long as it closes, is what you pay for. You can squeeze in an extra set of eyes, mouth, nose etc. They have wonderful Disney pieces not found anywhere else. ie, sorcerer's hat, mouse ears hat, Disney balloon, Disney autgraph book, etc. My DD4 and DS7 love them! So do DD14, DH and I!! =)

KIM....
The crowds were perfect. MK was packed as usual. But the other parks were very uncrowded. We have been to Disney in Nov. as well as March and those times were busier than this past week. Very little wait time for rides and Fast pass times were not too far in advance either. Enjoy your upcoming trip.

Vicb
The new DD toy store has an area right inside the front door, "Build your Own Mr. Potato Head." You get a small box and potato, the rest is up to you. You choose which eyes, nose, mouth, etc you want. They have 6 varieties of eyes alone. The box is one price... $12.00. WHATEVER you CAN fit into the box, as long as it closes. I suggest filling up the back of the potato first. They also have special, not-found-anywhere-else parts. Such as, Sorcerer's hat, Disney balloon, Disney autograph book. Mouse ears hat, Etc. Enjoy!

Eileen
My DD4 and DS7 love it! So do my DD14, DH and I.

EiLuvCinderella, Thanks! I just read your post to my kids and they think that sounds soooo fun. If only we didn't have to wait another year before we go back!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter