Just returned from Dream's first Miami sailing (and first sailing with new Covid testing protocols)!

What did you do on Grand Cayman? We’re planning on just going to the museum and maybe to the library (I’m a librarian 😂)

We did not visit Grand Cayman, we were a 4 night to Nassau and Castaway, Sorry!

We are sailing the Dream out of Miami on July 4th. Is DCL still using terminal C for the Dream like the Magic did. We sailed a few times out of Miami this year and always used terminal C with the Magic.

Also, what time did boarding start? Was it at noon? You had an early PAT so what boarding group did you have?

We will be taking the DCL transfer from the airport but I booked the transfers after I checked in so we have boarding group 5 but don't know if that changes since we are taking the transfers.

Last question.....any idea how many guests were onboard?

Thanks!!

MJ
Yes, we used Terminal C. We were boarding group 5 and while I can't remember exactly what time they started boarding my first photo on the ship has a time stamp of 12:14pm so they definitely started before noon.

The general consensus was that there were 2,100 guests. It was very much not crowded.

How much were the emed proctored tests per person (I assume both adults and children use them?)? I'm sorry if I missed this elsewhere. Also, two hours, wow! Quite long, and picture taking etc... we had to upload pictures before the cruise, was that changed, too? I actually liked spending only 30 minutes in the port terminal total (everything had to be done ahead of time).
I bought the package of 6 for $150 so it worked out to $25 per test (there were 5 of us and this gave us one extra). By pictures I just meant the ones with the cruise line backdrop. We did everything else during the check in 30 days prior. This is what the eMed FAQ says about children....The FDA has authorized the BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Ag Card Home Test for individuals two years of age or older. Individuals 15 years of age or older may self-collect and perform the test under the observation of the eMed Certified Guide. Those individuals ages 2-14 will require an adult to perform the sample collection under the observation of an eMed Certified Guide.
Which hotel did you use? I've looked at a few that offer shuttle service and some have gotten mixed reviews on it stating that it was either late or never showed. I assume most hotels in this area are operating on a shared shuttle between them to reduce the overhead costs.
We stayed at the Embassy Suites on SE 17th St in Fort Lauderdale. I reserved the shuttles the day after our online check in (when I knew our PAT). They took all of my information and were perfectly punctual for everything. We were the only ones in all of our shuttles.

Last edited:
The prices out of Miami are crazy low for the fall.
We are doing a HOTHS out of Miami on the Dream in October. But our other sailings in Nov and Dec are out of San Diego on the Wonder. They were also reasonably priced - so much so - we are doing both concierge in Nov and Dec. Our first foray into that arena - we have two non-concierge cruises after that ... hope it doesn't ruin anything for us! I have heard "horror" stories about once you go concierge ... :stitch2:

Yes! We sail on June 25 and it goes to George Town and CC. We decided against the dolphins or the rays and that doesn’t leave much else to do! This is our first cruise and we all liked the idea of just walking to the museum (it’s like right at the port) and maybe the stores. Nothing too crazy. Just to get an idea about what the whole process is like. I think we’ll be happy to explore a tiny bit and get back on the ship, but we’ll see!!
We will also be on this cruise. We have swam with the dolphins, sea turtles, submarine and shopping. This trip we are going to Hell with a few post cards and then some shopping again.

We will also be on this cruise. We have swam with the dolphins, sea turtles, submarine and shopping. This trip we are going to Hell with a few post cards and then some shopping again.
You’re the first person I’ve met on here that’s on my cruise! I tried posting a thread for it, but no one has responded!
No worries! As soon as I posted I remembered the 4 night cruises!

You’re the first person I’ve met on here that’s on my cruise! I tried posting a thread for it, but no one has responded!

No worries! As soon as I posted I remembered the 4 night cruises!
Never saw that post. I am usually looking on here to just help people out and share our experiences. We have cruised a few times, not as much as some but more than others.

How much were the emed proctored tests per person (I assume both adults and children use them?)? I'm sorry if I missed this elsewhere. Also, two hours, wow! Quite long, and picture taking etc... we had to upload pictures before the cruise, was that changed, too? I actually liked spending only 30 minutes in the port terminal total (everything had to be done ahead of time).

Vault Health also has monitored tests on sale now. I just bought 4. They were $20 each and $12 shipping.

https://shop.vaulthealth.com/products/acon-flowflex-supervised

MJ

Tell me EVERYTHING! We are taking my daughter, son in law, and granddaughter on the Dream out of Miami in October for a Halloween on the High Seas cruise!

We have NEVER sailed out of Miami and Port Canaveral is so easy! We did pay for Disney transportation to and from the port upon arrival and departure, but after reading on here, doesn’t sound like it was necessary … how did you get to and from the port?

Did you fly in ahead of time? If so, where did you stay?

How did testing go? I had read on another post here that the lines were a bit much. Hit any snags?

Any other details you care to share would be fabulous!

I sailed twice out of Miami in the last few months. We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Airport on LeJeune Rd. the first time and took an Uber to the port for $15 for 2 adults.

In April we stayed at the EB Hotel and took the DCL transfers from the hotel to the port for $21 pp.

https://www.booking.com/hotel/us/eb-miami.html?aid=330632&label=msn-X9_waH*DnV9hUHs8wcOrpQ-16811458949:tikwd-16715348723:loc-190:neo:mte:lp99045:dec:qseb hotel miami&sid=d71620ee9298470d541bcbbea8b9000f&dest_id=20023181;dest_type=city;dist=0;group_adults=2;group_children=0;hapos=1;hpos=1;no_rooms=1;req_adults=2;req_children=0;room1=A,A;sb_price_type=total;sr_order=popularity;srepoch=1655249307;srpvid=20cea50df71d0274;type=total;ucfs=1&#hotelTmpl

For the July 4th cruise we are staying back at the Courtyard Marriott and will be taking DCL transfers from the Miami Airport. This time we are cruising with our daughter, son-in-law and 14 month granddaughter (her first cruise!) and they don't want to bring the car seat so we will take the hotel shuttle to the airport and then take the hotel shuttle back to the airport morning of the cruise and meet the DCL bus.

https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotels/miacs-courtyard-miami-airport/overview/

We like the pool area better at the Courtyard but the EB Hotel was more luxurious. But for the price the Courtyard fit the bill!!

MJ

Last edited:
We've sailed out of Miami twice and both times it was a HOT MESS. It's my least favorite of all the ports we've embarked from (and we've embarked from Port Canaveral, Miami, Puerto Rico, Barcelona, and Vancouver). I think that's just how it is.

PC is our favorite also. Easy - Peasy on our latest 1.5 weeks ago with a 9:30AM PAT, a different line of course.

Yes, we used Terminal C. We were boarding group 5 and while I can't remember exactly what time they started boarding my first photo on the ship has a time stamp of 12:14pm so they definitely started before noon.

The general consensus was that there were 2,100 guests. It was very much not crowded.
Thank YOU!!!

MJ

Just threw our hat into the ring! Sailing out of Miami on the Dream on Sept 5th. Booked a pre-cruise at the EB, which has very good reviews on TripAdvisor and a shuttle from airport. Disney transfers. Fingers crossed for good weather and negative tests! It has been 3 years-I really need this cruise!
I'm with you, it's been three years and three canceled cruises for us during this time. I just booked a cruise on the Dream for December and another for March 2023 with a different cruise line, and I am absolutely worried about planning for months out, then two days before sailing, sticking a swab up my nose, no symptoms, and BAM... Positive. I wish you the best with fair seas, good weather, and negative tests!

We have a friend Thst just got back a few weeks ago They had to do the testing but said it was dropped a short time after they got back. Yet I’m reading here about person doing tests. I’m won’t cruise until no more testing. By the sounds of this I guess I won’t be cruising for a long time yet

Anyone know if you take DCL transfers in Miami to the airport do they transfer the luggage to the airport or do you have to pick it up in the cruise terminal and take it on the bus with you?

We are sailing the Dream out of Miami on July 4th. Is DCL still using terminal C for the Dream like the Magic did. We sailed a few times out of Miami this year and always used terminal C with the Magic.

Also, what time did boarding start? Was it at noon? You had an early PAT so what boarding group did you have?

We will be taking the DCL transfer from the airport but I booked the transfers after I checked in so we have boarding group 5 but don't know if that changes since we are taking the transfers.

Last question.....any idea how many guests were onboard?

Thanks!!

MJ
Hey, that's today! Happy Sailing! :shamrock::cool1:pixiedust:

I'm with you, it's been three years and three canceled cruises for us during this time. I just booked a cruise on the Dream for December and another for March 2023 with a different cruise line, and I am absolutely worried about planning for months out, then two days before sailing, sticking a swab up my nose, no symptoms, and BAM... Positive. I wish you the best with fair seas, good weather, and negative tests!
Same to you! I hope for the best for both of us!

Was yours a 4 night? Where did you go? We are going on our first Disney cruise and it is a 4 night to Nassau/CC. Which night was dressy night and which night was Pirate Night? what shows did you see? Which restaurant did you like the best? I am trying to decide which one to request twice for our rotation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter