Just returned from SSR Yesterday. My thoughts

gm

DIS Veteran
Hi,

I thought I would post this here since it is a Disney Vacation Club. I am not a member but rented from a Wonderful person.

We had a great time. We were in the Springs sections on the first floor facing the lake. It was so close to everything: the pool, laundry, artist pallete which was all right across the street. If you get this section, you will not be dissapointed.

The pools were crowded though. They closed the slide at 10 pm every night. The pool was especially crowded in the evening hours also. I do not know how crowded it will get once the whole resort is done but it is a small pool for the whole resort. We did not go to the quiet pools. We did walk to downtown disney to the Circque soleil side. Very easy to reach by going inside Artist Pallette and going from the back where the boat launch is.

The only down side I have to say about this resort is that the Busses were really slow. We arrived at 7am to catch a bus for early entry and it did not arrive until 7:50 and everybody waiting were so upset. Even the waits at the parks for the busses were terrible. I would think twice about staying here if visiting the parks a lot during your stay here but if I were to have a relaxful vacation without visiting the parks than this would be the perfect place to stay. We waiting at least 30 minutes or longer for many busses from the parks and that to during the evening hours not closing hours.

If you get the Paddocks sections, it is really far from everything. I did not get to see Congress parks because we usually got of at Carriage hall bus stop right across The Springs.

We ate at Artist pallete and had the medditeranian pizza which was excellent. We used our DDE card to get discounts on water bottles and drinks. "note" large water bottle and large coke bottle do not qualify for the discount since they are considered grocery items but the hand size do.

We walked in to see the exercise room and it is huge.

The rooms are well appointed and very new looking.

Thats all I can remember but had a wonderful time there but would only stay here if we were not doing the parks :earsboy: :wave: .

Enjoyed reading your report -thanks for taking the time to post it.

Glad you had a good time!

Best wishes -

I also felt the main pool would be too small once the resort is completed. We were there when it first opened so nothing was really crowded. I guess at this time of year you have to figure the pools will be packed.

Glad you enjoyed the resort.

As for the bus service, we rented a car the last time we were down there and I will do that from now on. Nothing against the bus service (it has always been pretty convienent), but it is nice to come and go as you please with your own car. Driving to the parks did not seem bad at all from SSR.

Eric

We had the same issue with the buses. I am hoping that it was just because it was busy and the middle of the summer.

Did you all feel the buses were especially slow on EMH days or was it all the different times you wanted to use them?

We tend to only ride the bus to MK so I dont know if this will effect us or not.

they were slow majority of the time to and from different parks including MK. I overheard someone talking and complaining to a CM who mentioned that they have limited buses right now but when the resort is done they will have a full schedule. That could be the reason. I wish I had a car because you can park right up to your building but we did not rent one. Also to be fair to the resort, most of the buses we took during afternoon and evening were empty most of the time and we were the only ones on it but during EMH, Early morning and late evening, they did tend to be full after the long wait. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter