Just stayed at AKV.....whoohoo!!!!!

hmmerr02

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! My DH and I are just back from our anniversary trip to AKV! We ahd a studio on the 5th floor (room 5419) of the Jambo house for three nights. LET ME TELL YOU...THE PLACE IS AWESOME!!!! We have stayed at all DVC resorts except beach club and now this AKV is my absolute favorite. The rooms were amazing...seemingly larger than most others (except OKW of course). The location of the room is superb. The decor of the rooms is wonderful. Construction really was a non-issue. I was worried about that before we went, I'll list what was not quite perfect(and I hardly call them even bumps in the road) were this:

1. Not all elevators were open to the rooms. You had to take an elevator a little further away and walk back toward the direction of your room.

2. Ice machine/vending not available on 5th floor yet. You had to go to 4th floor.

3. Laundry facility not open yet...members were suggested to use regular guest laundry (and pay out of pocket) and then let the front desk know and you would be refunded the money.

4. We only heard construction noise one afternoon in the room. It was a little louder out by the pool area.

The great things we encountered were:

1. The beauty of the resort/room
2. Everyone (CM's) was soooo excited to welcome us and get to use the phrase "welcome home".
3. Transportation was excellent. No additional stops in the transit.
4. Getting all the amenities of the hotel while staying DVC. I loved being in the Jambo house!
5. Housekeeping even stopped by to "check on us" and make sure we didn't need anything (and it wasn't evena scheduled cleaning day!)

The place is amaznig. The transition to DVC is flawless in my oppinion.

I'll be glad to answer questions if anyone has any!!!

Wonderful! Thanks for reporting...Glad you had such a great stay; I look forward to being there myself at some point! :goodvibes

Thank you for posting this! I can't wait to go!

Note to self: Why did you book your first ressie in December, and not sooner?

Wow! Great report, thanks. :thumbsup2

I'm so glad that the transition is going so well. I especially love hearing that the staff is so welcoming to us DVCers. :goodvibes

DH and I can't wait 'til we go there (Jan. '08) (I'm so torn between keeping our BWV in Nov. or trying to switch some of it to AKV; otherwise, we have to wait. The one factor in keeping us at BWV is the F & W, which we :love: .:yay: )

I hope all the reports from the AKV "pioneers" will be just as positive. :)

We are staying there on Marathon Weekend '08.

Sounds Great, Can't Wait!!

Thanks for the report!!! We can hardly wait for our March AKV/CC ressies! Now I'm worried that this place will make me want to sell some of my OKW points and add-on more than I currently have at AKV!!

Wow, thanks for this report. You've put my mind at ease. We'll be there the end of Aug and I was worried hearing some of the other reports on here. Now thanks to you I am looking forward to it with a whole lot less anxiety.

So glad to hear how much you enjoyed AKV. Now I'm more excited than ever (if that's possible) to get there. Only 57 more days to go!!!:cool1: :cool1:

I have about 55 days go to until I am at AKV. Got DME and all of the Dining out of the way. I am very much looking forward to checking it all out. After all, my granddaughter (3 months old) needs to have me check it out for her for her future arrival.

Yay! Glad to read the great report! We'll be there for only one night in December at AKL (unless my wait list for AKV concierge comes through) and then have to wait until March 2008 for our next trip home to AKV. Looking forward to it as AKL has always felt like our home hotel. Now it really is home!

The rooms were amazing...seemingly larger than most others (except OKW of course).

Do you think the rooms were bigger or just felt that way? I am guessing that the new plasma screens and the subsequent removal of the entertainment center has really opened up the rooms?

Wow, great report! I really had no interest in staying there, but your report makes it sound fabulous. I think I may have to reconsider it sometime in the future. Thanks.

Do you think the rooms were bigger or just felt that way? I am guessing that the new plasma screens and the subsequent removal of the entertainment center has really opened up the rooms?

I'm not sure of the official answer. The bellman said that these rooms are 3 feet longer. I also think that since it does not have the closet between the sink area and the bed that that opens the space up some more, also. It has an armoire for clothes and a small closet in the entryway. Definately felt bigger to us!

Glad to read you had such a nice trip!

If more reviews keep coming back like this, in a few more years we will hear all the complaints of having no availability at the 7 month mark. With all those "other" resorts wanting to get on the wild side of DVC.

Thanks for the report! 13 more days to wait for us!

Thanks for sharing any photos
we are staying for 1 night this oct can't wait

Do you think the rooms were bigger or just felt that way?

SSR 1B: 714 sq ft
BCV 1B: 726 sq ft
BWV 1B: 712 sq ft
AKV Jambo House 1B: 629 to 710 sq ft

(Studios and 2Bs are similar to the above--AKV is on par with recent resorts)

SSR 1B: 714 sq ft
BCV 1B: 726 sq ft
BWV 1B: 712 sq ft
AKV Jambo House 1B: 629 to 710 sq ft

(Studios and 2Bs are similar to the above--AKV is on par with recent resorts)
Will the 1 bedrooms in the Kidani Village be larger than those in the Jambo House? Since the Kidani units are supposed to have 2 bathrooms, I'm wondering if the rest of the unit will be proportionately smaller or if the units will just be larger.

Not sure I'd want less "living space" in my 1 bedroom just for the extra bathroom - we seldom have more than 2 (sometimes 3) in the 1 bedrooms.

I think the flat screen TV really allows for better furniture dimensions and makes it seem roomier. The TV cabinets are real space-eaters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter