Just switched from ASSp to WL

FriendsOfEeyore

Proud Parents of EJ!
Tell me that I made the right decision. My dw an I will be traveling with our 14 month son for his first official trip to WDW. Being that he is so young, we will spend a lot of time at the resort, in our rooms, and at the pool.

We have never stayed at WL, let along any other deluxe. Tell us about the best features...

We will stay at WL for our first time in November. We have stayed at ASSp twice and found it to be a fun, upbeat atmosphere. I think you would be fine at either resort, but WL will offer you more comfort and amenties to make things a little easier. Bring a lightweight stroller that is easy to fold up and that will recline a bit if your baby wants to nap. Find out what kind of crib will be available. I think they have pack n plays. Make sure to bring a cooler to keep water, juice, milk and snacks. At WL you will have more dining options, room service, and easy transportation to the MK. You will also have a balcony to sit on while he's napping.

We have stayed at all levels (value, mod, deluxe) and have enjoyed all of our trips. A deluxe is a good one to start with to see how the baby does. I think you will just be able to relax more.

You took about three giant steps in the right direction. The atmosphere is fantastic at WL, other deluxes offer more or better amenities but WL is the best themed resort bar none.

Features:

Amazing Lobby
Great Themed Pool
Direct Boat to MK
20 minute stroll to FW if you want some of the activites there
Isolated Feeling
Did I mention the Amazing Lobby???
Beautiful Woods View Rooms
Artists Point Restaurant
EWP goes by at night
Good Fitness Centre
Erupting Geyser
"Hot" Spring in the Lobby
HUGE Fireplace in Lobby
Real fun restaurant - Whispering Canyon
Beach on Bay Lake

thanks
Jason

There is also a really convenient little "fast food" place off the lobby and you can get a refillable mug here. They have breakfast, lunch and dinner. We always eat here because it is quick and the food's not half bad! They have great brownies and desserts. I hate food courts because we have 4 in our family who never agree on what to eat so you have to stand in 4 long lines -- ugh! Whe needs more lines?

Wilderness Lodge is a great place to "hang out." So much to see and do and perfect for the slow pace of a family with a toddler. Enjoy!

If I was going to spend a lot of time at the resort, I would not want to stay at the AS.
We have really enjoyed our AS stays, but we are at the resort very little.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter