JW Marriott Grande Lakes or World Center?

MarBee

DIS Veteran
Looking to burn a free night award I have. We are not doing any parks but may go to Disney Springs one night. Mostly going to get done Florida sun and hang at the pool for two days (getting early flight in and late flight out the next night). We will not have a car.
It will be DH, myself, and our 11 and 12 year old. Both places seem to have a great water park feature.
Has anyone stayed at both? Which would you recommend?

I prefer the Marriott Orlando World Center, honestly. The place is huge, but because of that has lots of restaurants and other amenities. I've always been treated well there to include some wonderful room upgrades.

Anywhere else in the country, I love JW Marriotts. They usually seem a step above in terms of staff service, room quality, onsite amenities, etc. But the Grande Lakes location really let me down on three consecutive stays, and my policy is "three strikes and you're out". I don't want to get into complaining about each of the stays, but in each case it boiled down to staff attitude and, in the two more serious cases, the unwillingness of management to do anything more than offer an empty apology.

I prefer the Marriott Orlando World Center, honestly. The place is huge, but because of that has lots of restaurants and other amenities. I've always been treated well there to include some wonderful room upgrades.

Anywhere else in the country, I love JW Marriotts. They usually seem a step above in terms of staff service, room quality, onsite amenities, etc. But the Grande Lakes location really let me down on three consecutive stays, and my policy is "three strikes and you're out". I don't want to get into complaining about each of the stays, but in each case it boiled down to staff attitude and, in the two more serious cases, the unwillingness of management to do anything more than offer an empty apology.
Thank you! I know you don’t want to complain, but would you mind sharing the issues?

To keep it quick:

1st stay) No room upgrade despite elite Marriott status, front desk associate claimed they were full, but all room and suite types were available for booking--I don't like being lied to.

2nd stay) After checkout, room key wouldn't work to open parking gate. Pushed intercom button and it took over 30 minutes of back and forth before they made me park again, walk to the front desk and show them the printed receipt they had just given me, to verify that I had indeed paid for parking. Almost missed my flight because of it.

3rd stay) Ordered room service dinner including a pretty expensive bottle of wine. Order is delivered with several mistakes, including sending a much less expensive bottle of wine. After too much time spent on the phone with room service, them "searching" for the right bottle of wine, they finally claimed the bottle they sent me was equivalent in price (it wasn't even close--we're talking $100+) and refused to refund the difference.

And like I said, management was indifferent both on site and after the fact.

To keep it quick:

1st stay) No room upgrade despite elite Marriott status, front desk associate claimed they were full, but all room and suite types were available for booking--I don't like being lied to.

2nd stay) After checkout, room key wouldn't work to open parking gate. Pushed intercom button and it took over 30 minutes of back and forth before they made me park again, walk to the front desk and show them the printed receipt they had just given me, to verify that I had indeed paid for parking. Almost missed my flight because of it.

3rd stay) Ordered room service dinner including a pretty expensive bottle of wine. Order is delivered with several mistakes, including sending a much less expensive bottle of wine. After too much time spent on the phone with room service, them "searching" for the right bottle of wine, they finally claimed the bottle they sent me was equivalent in price (it wasn't even close--we're talking $100+) and refused to refund the difference.

And like I said, management was indifferent both on site and after the fact.
Ugh. And from a “luxury” brand. 😒

Have you considered Gaylord Palms? Lots to do, they have a water park and it's the best deal in town if you are using points!

Have you considered Gaylord Palms? Lots to do, they have a water park and it's the best deal in town if you are using points!
We actually just stayed there in December and loved it! It’s definitely one to consider but we wanted to try some place new this time, especially since we aren’t going to be doing parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter