"Keep Calm and Carry On" April 2020 W.I.S.H. Challenge

I am one that does not care for coloring. I start and then get frustrated that it takes to long or I have a little line that went outside the lines. This is a great idea and one DD would love.

Today I am thankful for this group. The end of February and most of March i was just a wreck and it helped a lot to come on here and check in.

7802026E-1982-497D-B923-CC71E137E092.jpeg
I am thankful that my beach is still open, and I get to walk on it when the weather permits.

Beaches in surrounding towns are closed because of mothers and kids ignoring social distancing rules and having large group play dates. When parents can’t follow the rules, what are they teaching their children?

During my workout today, I heard a quote that spoke to me...

“I’m not always motivated, but I am disciplined.” - Autumn Calabrese (creator of 21 Day Fix & other workout programs on Beachbody Ondemand).

It’s exactly me, especially during this time at home. I haven’t wanted to even get out of bed(lacking motivation). But once I do and I go do my workout (due to discipline/routine). Then my day seems to progress. But on the one day that I didn’t...I felt myself missing it and feeling behind in everything until I finally went and did the workout.

Today is my last day of work before the furlough and I am feeling ready, which I wasn't at the beginning of the week. Yesterday there were recommendations for two tech on-line learning sites that are going to be free for April, so I'm looking forward to seeing what courses I can take thru them. I really hustled this week and got a lot done to set things up the best I could. My Engineering Manager is still pushing to get one of the large work efforts done before our summer sale, which means it has to spin up mid-April. He's got a lot of ground to cover with no PMs just to keep the lights on and running a project without a PM is too much, so there's still a slim chance I'll get called back early.

Our Governor extended our shelter in place to May 4 yesterday. I knew it had to be that way considering they are saying the peek will be mid-April, but was secretly hopeful it would be shorter. If I am out for the entire 6 weeks I would really like to get to my Sister's at the beach, so if it stays at May 4 I could get down there for a quick visit at the tail end.

I've lost 4 pounds this week, so good progress and I'm starting to feel more comfortable in my body. I have to maintain 3.5 pounds lost per week in order to achieve my 6 week furlough goal of reaching wonder-land. I know it is too high but I've never been in a position like this where all I have to do is to take care of myself, so it will be my primary focus and I'll see where I can go. My thoughts so far on Noom are mostly positive and I will sign up after the two week trial period.

Walked over to my landlord's to pay the rent this morning, right at sunrise... really enjoyed it, so I'll try to do most of my morning walks at that time. It'll help me keep to a schedule, altho I do fully intend to sleep in now and then as well.

Happy Friday everyone... hanging int here and hope y'all are too.

Going to Zoom with friends this afternoon and then head out for my walk. I really liked that quote about motivation and discipline. I don’t always feel like going out-especially on an overcast and gray day, but I just don’t feel right if I don’t.
Another good quote I read today was that it’s more important to try to eliminate negative thoughts than to always try to be positive. So we don’t have to feel like failures if we’re not always finding the silver lining right now, but don’t weigh yourself down with negativity. And I have to say, I think this group is very good at doing that and why I look forward to catching up with you every day!

It’s Friday, so I will make myself a quarantini tonight and hopefully be able to sit on the deck and enjoy it!

Today is my last day of work before the furlough and I am feeling ready, which I wasn't at the beginning of the week. Yesterday there were recommendations for two tech on-line learning sites that are going to be free for April, so I'm looking forward to seeing what courses I can take thru them. I really hustled this week and got a lot done to set things up the best I could. My Engineering Manager is still pushing to get one of the large work efforts done before our summer sale, which means it has to spin up mid-April. He's got a lot of ground to cover with no PMs just to keep the lights on and running a project without a PM is too much, so there's still a slim chance I'll get called back early.

Our Governor extended our shelter in place to May 4 yesterday. I knew it had to be that way considering they are saying the peek will be mid-April, but was secretly hopeful it would be shorter. If I am out for the entire 6 weeks I would really like to get to my Sister's at the beach, so if it stays at May 4 I could get down there for a quick visit at the tail end.

I've lost 4 pounds this week, so good progress and I'm starting to feel more comfortable in my body. I have to maintain 3.5 pounds lost per week in order to achieve my 6 week furlough goal of reaching wonder-land. I know it is too high but I've never been in a position like this where all I have to do is to take care of myself, so it will be my primary focus and I'll see where I can go. My thoughts so far on Noom are mostly positive and I will sign up after the two week trial period.

Walked over to my landlord's to pay the rent this morning, right at sunrise... really enjoyed it, so I'll try to do most of my morning walks at that time. It'll help me keep to a schedule, altho I do fully intend to sleep in now and then as well.

Happy Friday everyone... hanging int here and hope y'all are too.
You are in a great place! Congrats on the 4 pound weight loss! The only thing I don't like about Noom are the groups. I told my coach that I already have a group I love (You Ladies!) and he disconnected me from the group on Noom. I'm much happier now. So glad everything is going well for you.

Going to Zoom with friends this afternoon and then head out for my walk. I really liked that quote about motivation and discipline. I don’t always feel like going out-especially on an overcast and gray day, but I just don’t feel right if I don’t.
Another good quote I read today was that it’s more important to try to eliminate negative thoughts than to always try to be positive. So we don’t have to feel like failures if we’re not always finding the silver lining right now, but don’t weigh yourself down with negativity. And I have to say, I think this group is very good at doing that and why I look forward to catching up with you every day!

It’s Friday, so I will make myself a quarantini tonight and hopefully be able to sit on the deck and enjoy it!
Please share the Quarantini 🍸recipe with us...not that I have any alcohol left. The only thing we haven't drunk up is the Bailey's Irish Cream, and that is almost gone too.

I had internet issues yesterday which prevented me from making a lot of progress with my job. However, today, I worked like a madwoman uploading assignments to TEAMs. I put on make-up, did my hair, put on a bra and a nice shirt, and then I successfully filmed two read alouds for my YouTube channel in pajama bottoms. I kept attempting a third story, a very long one, and kept getting interrupted. I will try again next week. I also filmed an "I miss you" video that my principal will combine with every other teacher's in our school to make a video for our 800+ students.

I was less teary-eyed and emotional today...maybe because I was so busy. No time to walk, but it was raining anyway. No time for lunch, so I drank a protein shake at my desk. Being productive today was very good for me. It helped me focus on something other than reality.

Now I look forward to curbside take-out from 99 Restaurant for dinner and hopefully a relaxing weekend.

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend and stays safe and healthy.

Hello all,

I'm joining in again this month. A quick intro for any new friends I haven't met before :) My name is Sam and I join in from the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, Australia. I am a solo mum to 3 DS19 (lives at home while he is at uni - it is not as big in Australia for kids to move away for college as it is in the US); DS16 and DD16. I turned 47 in January and things literally went down hill 3 days later! In the past week I have started to feel more like me than I have all year - despite being worried about Coronavirus! As I have had a very sedentary start to the year I have found myself right back where I started over a year ago on my weight loss/healthy life journey :( So here I go again and hoping to use what I learned over the past 18 months to continue and learn more strategies along the way. My sleep is DISRUPTED right now! I go to bed earlier than usual as I feel tired but then throughout the night I am waking and having trouble getting back to sleep, there are dreams (not that I always remember them - but I know they are there), and then waking earlier than I would like to start the day. Clearly my brain is not switching off from the anxiousness about the state of the world right now. We all know how IMPORTANT sleep is to our well-being and weight loss - is anyone else having sleep difficulty right now?

I started walking again 3 days ago - a - because I need to! and b - to get my gaming teens OUT OF THE HOUSE! DD16 is getting bored. We are right near the start of the school year in Australia - ours starts at the end of January - so things with schooling here are quite chaotic. Our Prime Minister has fought closing schools - last week was the last week of term 1 for many schools before Easter Break - so they moved to student free for the 5 days so that teachers/schools could prepare for online learning for term 2. The school situation will be reviewed in 2 weeks but at this stage we expect it to look like - online learning for most - except schools will be open for essential workers who have no-one else to look after their kids while that are at work. Which really only is an option for a certain time of day and we know our emergency workers work 24/7 shifts! As I work in the education system as an OT it is also affecting my work as there are less and less students to see but also I transitioned to work from home this week under GP recommendation due to some of my underlying health conditions. It was actually really nice yesterday - I set up in my shady courtyard, in the fresh air with a bush setting to look at from my garden. I did paperwork and had a video conference. Then late in the afternoon after my physiotherapy appointment the kids and I walked on the beach. Our beaches are also still open - but no sunbathing (eg laying on your towel) is allowed - social distancing is required but you can walk, jog, swim be otherwise active but you cannot sit still. I am sooooo hoping that people will continue to do the right thing as we head into the Easter Break here and not overcrowd the beach - because if that happens they will close the beach - and it is a great place to exercise and relieve some stress right now.

My goals for the month are to get back in the habit of catching up with all of you!
Be mindful of my eating whilst at home more
Exercise as is possible as things continue to evolve around us

@Summer2018 I am so sorry to hear about that loss very close to you :hug:

If no-one else can do it - I will volunteer for the last week as host.

For our new "Social Saturday" category, let's all learn to draw the most popular little character on Disney+.....Baby Yoda!! -

Snap a photo of your drawings and come back and post them later.

I know I should probably post this in a DVC forum, but I thought I’d ask you lovely ladies firsts. I had to reschedule my mother-son April Disney trip. But the tickets I got (4-Park Magic Ticket) need to be used by September 30. So I’m trying to squeeze it in the last weekend of September because we have Mon Sept 28 off. But there are no studios available. I currently have two waitlists. I did Old Key West and Boardwalk. Anyone with DVC have experience with waitlisting? What are my odds of getting one?

I know I should probably post this in a DVC forum, but I thought I’d ask you lovely ladies firsts. I had to reschedule my mother-son April Disney trip. But the tickets I got (4-Park Magic Ticket) need to be used by September 30. So I’m trying to squeeze it in the last weekend of September because we have Mon Sept 28 off. But there are no studios available. I currently have two waitlists. I did Old Key West and Boardwalk. Anyone with DVC have experience with waitlisting? What are my odds of getting one?
Key West is so big I would be surprised if you weren’t able to get in.
Boardwalk is smaller, but you never know. Can you also waitlist Saratoga Springs or Animal Kingdom Lodge? SS was recently refurbished and they are both very large properties.

@4Mickeys, so happy to see and hear that you and the kids are doing well. Glad you can still get out on your beautiful beach. Enjoyed reading your perspective on the virus in Australia.
We’re starting our fourth week of stay at home orders but can still get outside for essentials and exercise if we can maintain a safe distance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter