Kelyn's Post-Pregnancy WISH JOURNAL (Comments welcome!)

It's been so long since I've been on these boards but I just wanted to update that I finally am having some really success!! Now that I look back at my posts from 8 years ago I'm actually only a pound away from my goal I initially set for myself before my wedding:) Back then I only made it down to 153 before my wedding and then fluctuated and mostly stayed up in the high 160's after having my two boys. Back in July of 2011 I had a scheduled yearly appointment and felt embarrassed that I'd be going in at around 173 pounds. I worked out a few weeks leading up to the appointment and I made it to 169 at the actual appointment. It was a start but I wanted to keep going since my back was feeling incredibly weak and would spasm and go out randomly. So I buckled down, started eating smaller portions (but not too strictly) and worked out 5-6 days a week with various Jillian Michaels dvds. I started with 30 Day Shred but found the jumping jacks to intense for my knees and ended up sticking with the 6 week 6 pack DVD. I stuck to this one and did each level as long as I could till I felt strong enough to get to the next level. I ended up doing it for about 3 - 4 months. I then switched to Ripped in 30 and did that one for 4 weeks. At that point I reached my goal of getting to 149 by the week before Christmas. It's currently mid January and I just weighed in at 146.8. I can't believe the difference I see in myself. I feel much stronger and my baby belly is almost gone. I've gone from a size 14 to a size 8. I didn't go crazy and change my diet over night. I've lost on average a pound per week. I'm going to keep going because there's no way I'm going to stop now! I'd like to continue the goal of a pound a week but you know what? Even if I maintain at this point I'd feel accomplished! My next goal is to get to 140 by my b-day in March and if at that point I can go much more maybe I'll shoot for 135 for the summer but that feels like a huge goal so there's no pressure:) Wish me luck on my journey and I hope to post pics soon!

Great pic of you and your sons! What cute water babies. Also, congrats on the size 8. :thumbsup2 Those Jillian Michaels dvds are tough.

Thank you Jane!! That pool pic was a year and a half ago I can hardly believe it, the boys are getting quite big, one will be 5 and and the other 3 in June:) Jillian Michaels dvds are very tough but they have worked wonders. I had to take them very slow in the beginning. Even the first few times I think I had to stop halfway through but I kept trying, lol I can be very stubborn. Now I'm amazed at the difference. Need some nice pics soon and of course it's going to be hard to find a before pic because I really didn't like my picture taken very often before.

Still shocked and amazed that I'm staying on track and still losing! The changes I feel are amazing. I weighed in this morning at 142.4! Total lost is 30.6 pounds. My next mini goal is 139 by my birthday next month and I seem to be on track. I'm definitely enjoying my size right now and pretty soon I'm probably not going to care much about the number on the scale. I'm just concentrating on getting stronger. Though I won't lie, putting on my first pair of size 6 jeans to go out on a date with my hubby last night felt great! Currently my workout routine is 4-5 days a week doing Level 1 of Jillian Michaels Shed & Shred. I just started doing Level 1 of Yoga Meltdown which is great and tough, I'm actually feeling sore muscles today from doing it yesterday. A couple days a week I've been doing either the treadmill or pilates as well. This week I'm going to attempt Level 2 of Shed & Shred which is pretty difficult, we'll see how it goes!

Just a quick update! I'm still on track and doing really well. I can hardly believe it but I weighed in this morning at 136.4. I've gone past my wildest expectations and still can't believe I'm now 17lbs less then I was 8 years ago when I got married. I've added new Jillian Michael's dvds to my rotation and I'm now doing her No More Trouble Zones every other day. I need to give myself a rest day in between because of all the strength moves in there. I'm doing her Yoga Meltdown on opposite days. I'll be adding more cardio soon as I got some new headphones and I'll be getting new running shoes next week. My goal right now is to continue to stay active and eating well. I'd be happy to stay anywhere in the 130's. I tried on a dress that I wore on my honeymoon when we went out to eat at Boma's and it fit with much more room then before! So excited to take the boys in the next couple years on their first trip to Disney. It will feel great to be there in shape so I can keep up with the little guys:)

Another quick update! I just reached the 40 lbs lost mark a couple days ago. When I started my weight loss journey last July I was 173, I am currently 133!! (Edit: 132 on 4/18!) I've surpassed all my goals for weight loss so I'm now going to continue to challenge myself and push harder so I can stay strong and healthy. My current plan is rotating about 4 of my Jillian Michaels dvds, No More Trouble Zones, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, Kickbox Fastfix and Yoga Meltdown. These four are a great combo and help me keep my workouts from getting boring. I got a pair of KSwiss Tubes and tried them for the first time last night. They felt great, it really helped during the cardio dvd last night. I'll have to try the treadmill tonight to see how they feel when I run. I haven't run in a long time so I may start adding a bit of that in when I feel like it but the Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is enough cardio for me at the moment.

Another year, another update:) I can report that I'm still going strong with my Jillian Michael's workouts after starting this latest journey in August '11. I ended up losing 45lbs and I now weigh 128lbs. I've been maintaining now since May '12. My husband is now joining me and we just started Jillian's Body Revolution on Monday. It's kicking my butt since it's 2 workouts a day for the first week and I'm trying to do the advanced versions of any moves that are a bit easy for me at this point. I'm so proud of my husband, he's doing great with the meal plan and really giving it his all during the workouts. We're still hoping to go to Disney soon and I hope this is a good incentive for him to get fit. It was hard enough on him on our honeymoon 8 years ago to walk around Disney overweight. I'd love to see him lose enough before our next trip so he can walk around comfortably and have fun with our boys!
Before pic: 170's circa 2007

KellyBefore by bluebutterflylove, on Flickr

After pic: 128 Halloween 2012 FINALLY felt confident enough to wear a Star Trek dress!

KellyStarTrek by bluebutterflylove, on Flickr

Anyone know what I can do to fix my pics? They are public on my flickr account and I used the pic code to post:( UGh annoying! Let me know if you can help out!

Thank you Cristabel! I've had the flu so I haven't been on in a bit but I finally got it fixed:)

Thank you Amy! Love the dress, it may be my new go to costume for Halloween since we don't have conventions around here:)

Kelly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter