Kelyn's Post-Pregnancy WISH JOURNAL (Comments welcome!)

Thanks guys for the encouragement:) I try to stay as :sunny: as I can!!

So I had some weird chest pains the last couple days. When I would breath in deeply I would get a sharp pain in my shoulder and chest. I decided to take it easy so I didn't workout over the weekend. My DH was nice enough to rub my shoulders everytime I whined, so I'm feeling much better now:) I think I may have pulled something, I'm just going to concentrate on being more careful now and lay off working out my shoulder areas for a bit.

Today I went on the treadmill for 60 minutes and took it a bit slower by running at 5.0 and walked at 3.5. I put some new music on my mp3 player so it was much easier to keep going. LOL I was getting to used to all the other songs on there before. I did a free trial of Napster, but unfortunately you have to buy the songs before you transfer them to your player, lol makes sense but I was hopeful:) Later I did 20 minutes on the stability ball and 10 minutes of abs :cool1: I think I'm going to start doing abs everyday because I need so much improvement in that area. I'll be very happy when that area isn't bulging out as much:)

Have a great day everyone! Remember American Idol is on tonight :flower:

Kelly

Hope you are doing better today! :flower: Take it easy with those weird pains.. If they continue be sure to get them checked out!

Thank you for the concerns:) Thankfully the pain in my shoulder is gone! But unfortunately my knee was acting up today so I only got 30 minutes in on the treadmill. Alwasy get a little pain in the leg I broke before so that's nothing new. Also did 30 minutes of stretching, abs, and arms:)

I decided to go through my closet today to see how my clothes are fitting me. All my clothes from last summer still fit so that's nice to see:) My size 14 dress pants are lose in the waist but they still look good all over so at least I'll be able to wear them and not look like they are hanging on me. I decided to go through a bunch of my dresses and look at the sizes. I was shocked to see that a dress I got when I was a junior in high school was a size 7!!! I forgot that when I started playing tennis I lost about 20 pounds:) I can't remember what it was like to be that small, maybe I'll see it again though. I was also shocked to find a dress that was a size 16!!!! I can't believe I ever wore it! I guess that was around the time I was about 175 or so. Thankfully today I fit into a size 11 dress:) I also went through some of my skirts and found one with a 5 dollar bill in the pocket!! WOO HOO. Love it when that happens! So good day and luck all around!!

All is going very well:) Can't believe I haven't posted in so many days, but I did remember to keep track of all my minutes for the week. I'm almost to my goal of 1500 minutes for February, with today's workout I'm at 1405!! I'll probably be at 1525 tomorrow, we'll see how it goes:) I've kept up with the treadmill and I've done some kickboxing. My coordination is improving:) So today I did an hour of abs, stability ball and pilates:) Followed by an hour on the treadmill. LOL I finally read the guidelines on the treadmill for the target heartrate for fat burning for my age and I stayed right on target. I now have a better idea at which level I should be walking at:) So now I'm off to take a quick shower before the Academy Awards:) One of my favorite nights of the year!! I even printed up a list of the nominees so Drew and I can guess and see who gets the most right! I'll tell you how it goes tomorrow! Night everyone!

Great job on the exercize Kelly! :cool1: You are doing an awesome job!

So.. were your predictions right?

Have a great day! :flower:

Well February was a fantastic month for me! I really stayed on goal and tried my hardest:) Yesterday I worked out for an hour and 35 minutes on the treadmill, pilates, and arms which got me to my goal of 1500 minutes for the month!! I'm so proud that I actually made it, and there were some days that I didn't workout due to being sick, maybe this month I'll go over goal:) I also made my second goal for the month I lost another pound!!! Which means I lost 5 pounds last month woo hoo! I only have one pound to go for my b-day goal. Lets hope I can do it.

I finally got my first comment from Drew that he noticed my weight loss, lol we spend too much time together. And what an awesome husband, he said he was noticing it in my waist. lol that's the place I'm having the hardest time too, but it's getting there little by little. I did some pilates the last couple days and they were pretty difficult and I could feel it in my abs later so I think I'll continue with that for a bit. Just have to remember to drink my water everyday and concentrate on eating enough. I think I went into a plateau for a bit because I wasn't eating enough. I've started having healthy snacks between meals so I think that's helping.

Ok so today's another month and I have to work out for the next 5 days in a row so I can take off this weekend while I'm at my sister's house enjoying my neice's 6th birthday! I'll try to take it easy on the cake and ice cream, lol maybe ;)

Hey Jen, sorry I forgot to answer your question the other day about our Oscar contest:) I beat my DH 11 to 9 with my predictions:) LOL we both guessed seperately but our predictions were so close to begin with, guess we think alike:)

Alright so now I'm trying to get back into the mindset that I don't have to work out at 2 hours a day like I did during last month due to the Exercise Challenge. I'm going to try to keep it at almost an hour and a half 5 days a week. At least that's my goal:) I've been having more snacks lately, trying to listen to myself when I'm hungry and not ignore it like I was before, lol Damn those Sims 2!! I played today for another couple hours thinking it was only a half an hour at most. LOL that game sucks you in:)

My mom visited today, she was so sweet lol always tells me I'm losing my butt whenever I lose weight. Ha Ha, I don't mind losing my butt at all, I still have big hips, lol I'd rather not have both:)

Ok gotta go, I'm patiently waiting for my DH to come home so we can watch the best show EVER!! LOST!!!

Moms are great, aren't they??!!! :flower: Whenever you need a boost they give you one!

Hoep you have a great day! :)

Man I haven't posted in a few days, life has been kinda crazy. I went to my sister's last weekend and had a great time celebrating my niece's 6th b-day. She loved the Lite Brite and Care Bear we got her:) I didn't eat too horribly, lol just a couple cupcakes:) I have to indulge every once in a while.

So tomorrow's my 24th birthday!! I got the best birthday present today:) A JOB!!! I've been looking for almost 2 months now but finally something came through. Not exactly the job I was looking for but it will do and it will probably be a good experience. I got a job at the Econo Lodge in town as a desk attendent. The manager liked all the different experience I've had in the past, especially with customer service at my jobs as a Resident Assistant, a waitress, and even at Wal-Mart:) He was concerned at first if I was going to stay in the area because I'm a recent college grad, but I assured him that I've become an old married woman who doesn't go out much, has a completely open schedule and doesn't have a problem working weekends. Drew works most weekends anyway so it's not that big of a deal. It should be an interesting job especially this summer when they start the weekend concerts by the river and of course Harborfest which is basically like the Mardi Gras of Oswego!

So now I'm just going to have to concentrate on keeping up with my workouts now that I don't have a completely open schedule. I'm feeling great though so I don't think I'll have too much of a hard time. I'll either be working 7-3 or 3 to 11. That's not too bad, I can work around that:)

I did 35 minutes on the treadmill today. My stomach has been a bit uneasy today, probably because I have my period:( Just my luck to have it on my b-day:( Tomorrow should be great though, I'm going to workout in the morning, and at night I'm going to the Chinese Buffet with my husband and my Mom and off to the Raven pub for a drink:) I'll be good though, I start at 8am on Thursday!! Wish me luck!

:dancer: Happy Birthday to you! :dancer:
:dancer: Happy Birthday dear Kelly!!!:dancer:

Wow I can't believe how long it's been since I've posted in my WISH journal!!

A few updates:

- I'm still working at the Econo Lodge, I am now the front desk manager. LOL who would have thought that would happen after just 10 months!!

- I had a small bike accident in June which left me unable to workout for a few weeks. It actually was infected unbeknownst to me until last month, but I cleaned out whatever was in my leg and now it's healing much better.

- Our car broke down in April of last year and we had to wait until September to get a new one:(

- Drew is doing really well at his job and hopes to enter the Assistant Manager training program in the next few months.

- We are considering trying to have a baby, possibly by the end of this coming summer.

- I want to lose weight and get in really good shape if that does happen:)

- I got back on my treadmill these last two weeks, and hope to use this journal again to get really motivated to losing weight again.

- Now that there is more stability in my life things are finally falling into place:)

Goal: by summer to be 140
Current Weight: will find out tomorrow:)

Hi Kelly :) I'm new to the boards, but wanted to say hi and wish you luck as you get in shape and prepare for pregnancy. Good for you for getting back on track! :)

I weighed myself this morning and realized that I haven't actually put on as much as I expected these last few months. Last time I was on the board last year I weighed about 154 or so. I'm only 159 right now. Those 5 pounds will come off so quickly!!

I checked my healthy BMI level on the Slim Fast site this morning and it said the upper healthy level was at 147. I think that is a great goal for the next few months. So my current goal will be to get to 147 by mid-April. Wish me luck!!

I felt great today! So much more energy :banana: I had two slim fast shakes today and a tuna cassarole for dinner. I don't feel hungry now which is good. I've been eating too late at night recently. I also went on my treadmill for 30 minutes. Nothing to strenuous. I'm trying to ease back into it, lol I don't need to hurt myself!

I'll try to be good tomorrow but I know I'm going out to the bar at the hotel I work at after I get done with my shift tomorrow night. LOL moderation... I'll try to remember that... :smooth:

Hello everyone! I'm back again:) Here are a few things that have happened since I last posted

- I got pregnant in late June '06 with our first child.

- My husband received the job promotion to Assistant Manager. He'll be done training in a week!

- I left my job at the Econo Lodge 2 weeks before my due date. I plan to be a Stay at Home Mom.

- Our son, Ian Andrew was born on March 29, a week after my due date. He was 8lbs 5oz and 22 1/4 in long!

- I only gained 17 pounds during my pregnancy. When I came home from the hospital I was already 14 pounds lighter. I have since lost another 7 pounds already!!! I'm already 4 pounds lighter then when I got pregnant. Thank goodness for breastfeeding!!!

- I plan to start working out this week. I had a really easy pregnancy and birth so I feel really up to working out. I'm also starting to get sleep, even with a newborn!

HappyEaster.jpg

Wow!!!! I can't believe it's been 3 years since my last post and before that it was a lot of time! I really need to start my journal on here again especially since we are planning to go to Disney next May!! This is a huge incentive to get everything in control right now. Haven't gained too much but I'm hitting my upper weight limit where my clothes are fitting right and I don't feel comfortable. Hoping to be in the 140's at the least by next May. Currently in the upper 160's but my scale is broken lol

Update:

My first son Ian just turned 3 in March!!

I had a SECOND son! Declan just turned 1 a week and a half ago!

My husband got a second promotion last October and is now a Co-Manager.

We bought a house in my hometown last October.

Planning our first family trip next May with another married couple and their little boy plus my Mom! Can't wait! Looks like we are going in May and possibly staying at Port Orleans Riverside again!

Went for a swim yesterday with my two boys:)

Rainy day here so I walked/jogged for
31 min
2.17 mi
348 Cal
108 Fat Cal

Then sat in the rain, cooled off and listened to the thunder, it felt amazing!

100_5935.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter