Kennedy Space Center

Wendie

Mouseketeer
Okay folks, we're doing 8 days in Florida, 5 days at DW, 2 days visiting friends, and my husband wants to do one day at Kennedy Space Center. I'm not big into space and not very excited about this, but hey, everyone gets a say at vacation.

That being said, can someone tell me about good experiences there? Tips and tricks? I know "plan to spend an entire day" but other than that, what do you wish you had done, hadn't done, would or wouldn't do again, etc. when it comes to a day here?

Thanks!

For sure do the Saturn V building-you will need to take the complimentary bus to the building but it's an awesome experience/exhibit and completely worth it.

Also, the Atlantis building/experience is amazing too! The pre-show and presentation of the space shuttle is just incredible.

Check out this older threads for information and opinions:
Feel free to ask if you have more questions after reading those.

Also, the Atlantis building/experience is amazing too! The pre-show and presentation of the space shuttle is just incredible.

I wholeheartedly agree. They did a fantastic job...basically Disney-worthy.

As I wrote on some of those other threads, they usually have retired NASA-related personnel who volunteer to answer questions about the Space Shuttle program. Hearing stories about how they contributed to the miraculous achievement of launching humans into space is one of my favorite things to do when I visit Kennedy Space Center.

Go FOR IT ........ you will really enjoy it .

No rushing around .... you do the whole thing at Your pace ( Yes there is a Q for Bus ... so what .... You Have to take a bus )

The Cinema is A MUST & is included in your Ticket

You will be SORRY if you did not go.

We did one of the behind the scenes tours that took us out to the old launch facilities that I thought was interesting. The Saturn V center and the Atlantis exhibit were also high points. If you aren’t into space a lot, there are some great water views at the Saturn V center if you go out back and a place to sit and enjoy the view while the others are checking out the exhibits. I have been twice and will be spending a day there next month and there are still things I haven’t seen yet.

Thanks for the links to all the previous KSC threads! We are looking into maybe doing a half-day at the very end of our WDW trip (on our departure day). Based on the other threads I can tell we wouldn't necessarily be getting our money's worth in 4-5 hours (Only because there is much much more time that you can spend there for the cost of admission).

My question, is it even worthwhile trying to do a 4-5 hr trip at KSC? For instance, is it possible to do the basic bus tour plus the Atlantis building in that timeframe? The "worth" question is going to be different for everyone, but I feel like doing those 2 experiences is probably the minimum I'd be willing to spend the $180 on for our family of 4.

I wish we'd have more time there, but unfortunately we wont without adding another hotel night to our overall trip, so its either 4 hours at KSC or nothing. I kinda feel like we should so it since well be in the area and will have our car. Any tips on a worthwhile trip to KSC given that amount of time would be helpful, TIA!

I would say you can do both the Saturn V and Atlantis in 4-5 hours, but to your point, there's so much more to see, so not sure you want to spend the money. I'm a FL resident and thought the price of admission was a bit steep, but I got to see everything and that is worth the price IMO.

I think if you were to do it, hit the bus to Saturn V building first....takes around 20-30 mins to do the driving tour around the launch pads, then they take you to the building with the walk-through presentation that is really well done. Then after that, you can walk around and leave whenever you need to (~15 min ride back, maybe less). Atlantis may be another hour if you hit a queue to get to the presentation, then you can go at your own pace through the exhibit.

KSC is very memorable and if you can't do it this time, definitely try to do it another time and give it a full day, maybe with a Space X launch even!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter