Keto-friendly meals?

CrimsonCurls

Earning My Ears
My husband and I are headed out in a little more than a month and we're looking forward to eating our way through the parks, especially because of Food and Wine. Husband is doing Keto, and though he's planning on more cheat meals during the trip, we were wondering what are some favorite keto-friendly meals.

I'm doing Keto now and leave in 10 days. So I have no idea what I'm doing. Probably not doing Keto at all while at Disney.

I've done Atkins at WDW in the past. It's not as fun but you can make it work.

TURKEY LEGS! TURKEY LEGS! TURKEY LEGS!

And when you get tired of TURKEY LEGS: also, salads with protein (skip any croutons/tortilla chips/bread/crackers that may come with that); fajita platter and taco salad (without tortillas or rice/beans) at Pecos Bill's, plus loading up on the fixin's, is good. Bunless burgers anywhere you go. There are going to be things on most menus that you can modify slightly to get a keto meal - for example, skip the potatoes in the tuna nicoise at BOG, or enjoy a Teppan Edo entree without that pesky rice. (Treat yourself to a side of lobster tail!) Have a wedge salad and fish of the day without the mash at Sci Fi Dine-In. There are endless possibilities if you don't mind "hold the potatoes/rice" and can be a little creative.

It takes a little bit of modifying and you may want to skim menus beforehand to do some basic pre-planning, but it's very doable to have satisfying meals at WDW while staying low carb/keto!

I've done Atkins at WDW in the past. It's not as fun but you can make it work.

TURKEY LEGS! TURKEY LEGS! TURKEY LEGS!

And when you get tired of TURKEY LEGS: also, salads with protein (skip any croutons/tortilla chips/bread/crackers that may come with that); fajita platter and taco salad (without tortillas or rice/beans) at Pecos Bill's, plus loading up on the fixin's, is good. Bunless burgers anywhere you go. There are going to be things on most menus that you can modify slightly to get a keto meal - for example, skip the potatoes in the tuna nicoise at BOG, or enjoy a Teppan Edo entree without that pesky rice. (Treat yourself to a side of lobster tail!) Have a wedge salad and fish of the day without the mash at Sci Fi Dine-In. There are endless possibilities if you don't mind "hold the potatoes/rice" and can be a little creative.

It takes a little bit of modifying and you may want to skim menus beforehand to do some basic pre-planning, but it's very doable to have satisfying meals at WDW while staying low carb/keto!
One of our friends already said bunless burgers, but fajitas sound like a really nice treat. Thank you!

I'm not too familiar with the Keto diet, but if you can go to TS meals and explain to your server/chef what your dietary needs are, they will accommodate you. Also, Liberty Tree Tavern and Garden Grill dinner service offers a lot of meat. All buffets should have something for you to select from with a good variety. I'd just avoid Boma which is a buffet known for it's vegetarian/vegan curries which I believe would contradict your Keto diet.

My husband and I are headed out in a little more than a month and we're looking forward to eating our way through the parks, especially because of Food and Wine. Husband is doing Keto, and though he's planning on more cheat meals during the trip, we were wondering what are some favorite keto-friendly meals.
I know this thread is a couple of months old but I’m glad I found it. I am also eating a Keto diet. We are heading to wdw is dec. I always make good choices at home, but there is no way I can pass up the goodies I’ve been dreaming about since our last trip.
I’m not worried about weight gain. I expect that and will get right back on it when I get home. I’m worried about getting sick. Does anyone have tips for not getting sick? Do you gradually up your carbs before the trip? Pack an arsenal of stomach meds?
Thank you

Hello Crimson Curls!

I'm low-carber. Don't forget about simple things like meat snacks (below I have pictured the long Turkey snack sticks - by BUTTERBALL. VERY tasty! Next to that is a beef snack with cheese - by TRAILS BEST - also VERY tasty. (the cheese is out of this world delicious but cheese can trigger allergies for me and so I will just stick with the meat snacks. These things are life savers if you are strolling about or shopping without having to pay an arm and a leg for a keto meal. They are only a dollar and change each and pick them up at a bodega (grocery store) in Brooklyn near my workplace. I'm packing them for my November trip. They can be ordered on line (Amazon has the Turkey sticks, I think I saw the TRAILS BEST Beef sticks on their own site) if you can't find them in your town. Not at all expensive.

Also, don't forget about things like ATKINS snack bars (for sweet cravings). They are VERY tasty and on Amazon you can get a box of 5 bars for only about 5 dollars and change.

Just thinking about food you can stash in your bag that are keto friendly, no prep time, and good on the wallet!

As for Disney... Just about every eatery has a meat, green veggie and salad choice. I have printed out my eatery choices for each park in each Land - just in case I feel hungry and I don't want a meat snack. The Turkey Legs have always been a great go-to. But I'd rather have my meat snack than pay more than 10 dollars for a Turkey Leg. If I REALLY have a craving for the turkey leg, I will certainly be glad to pay the money. I have also heard that POP has hard boiled eggs at their food court. Only 2 dollars for two (??) I have yet to confirm this. But if they have it, this will make a great stash in my resort fridge. Can even grab some mayo packs and make egg salad.

I don't really do breakfast anyway, but since I will be at Disney and on the go a lot, I am having Amazon Prime deliver some SLIM FAST low carb meal replacement drinks (1 gram of sugar I believe - tasty as the dickens!) to start my day. I believe you can eat well at Disney and still maintain your keto diet. I am planning only one treat (and only if I am in the mood when nearby) and that is a Cinnamon Bun from Gastons!

Enjoy!

15087-P16021.JPG

getPart

I know this thread is a couple of months old but I’m glad I found it. I am also eating a Keto diet. We are heading to wdw is dec. I always make good choices at home, but there is no way I can pass up the goodies I’ve been dreaming about since our last trip.
I’m not worried about weight gain. I expect that and will get right back on it when I get home. I’m worried about getting sick. Does anyone have tips for not getting sick? Do you gradually up your carbs before the trip? Pack an arsenal of stomach meds?
Thank you

Hello Goofy4Donald!

I agree... when you do a drastic turnabout with eating habits - your body will often times reject it.
My plan is to stay on my eating plan. I have 4 character breakfasts and a Teppan Edo dinner planned. At Teppan I am ordering beef (im sure there are veggies). The character breakfast all have eggs and meats and fruits (I do fruits - to a limit). Disney restaurants always have a salad and green veggie choices. No need really to break your keto. A treat here and there wont hurt (like I may get some fish and chips at Yorkshire in the UK EPCOT (not eating the chips - will try to give away ). I may also have their sponge cake which comes with it - which is to die for - but that will be it. So far I have only three treat splurges on for my 8 day trip - the fish and chips (not like that batter is much of a carb breaker, the cinnamon bun from Gastons, and the sponge cake that they sell at the Yorkshire fish and chips stand). For 8 days... I think my diet will survive. I don't want to use "Disney" as an excuse to break a way of eating that has proven VERY successful for me. Also see my post above on the meat snacks! Ideally whole foods are always best, but on the go... they are a life saver!

One of our friends already said bunless burgers, but fajitas sound like a really nice treat. Thank you!

I'm going to re-stress that she said "Fajita Platter" because you can't eat the Tortilla wrap while on Keto/Mod Atkins diet (I'm on the latter for medical reasons).

Hello Goofy4Donald!

I agree... when you do a drastic turnabout with eating habits - your body will often times reject it.
My plan is to stay on my eating plan. I have 4 character breakfasts and a Teppan Edo dinner planned. At Teppan I am ordering beef (im sure there are veggies). The character breakfast all have eggs and meats and fruits (I do fruits - to a limit). Disney restaurants always have a salad and green veggie choices. No need really to break your keto. A treat here and there wont hurt (like I may get some fish and chips at Yorkshire in the UK EPCOT (not eating the chips - will try to give away ). I may also have their sponge cake which comes with it - which is to die for - but that will be it. So far I have only three treat splurges on for my 8 day trip - the fish and chips (not like that batter is much of a carb breaker, the cinnamon bun from Gastons, and the sponge cake that they sell at the Yorkshire fish and chips stand). For 8 days... I think my diet will survive. I don't want to use "Disney" as an excuse to break a way of eating that has proven VERY successful for me. Also see my post above on the meat snacks! Ideally whole foods are always best, but on the go... they are a life saver!
Thank you. I’m mostly good on my vacations. We go to Disney every 2-3 years. I will make good choices but i can’t diet. Complementary mimosas in the morning and wine in the evening. I don’t drink much at home but I can’t pass that up.

I'm so excited for our upcoming trip! I've done so much research and am set for food choices in every park or resort we are visiting. Basically Cobb salads and charcuterie/cheese boards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter