Kidani or Jambo and Why?

Meggysmum

Mouseketeer
We are planning on booking a 1-bed an AK but have never stayed there before. Which would you pick out of the two and why?

Are the 1-beds all the same size and do they all have the 2 bathrooms and the extra sleeper chair?

I was hoping to get the Standard view to save points so wondered which one stands the best chance of not having an awful view!

Do either/both have a QS restaurant and if not where could we fill up our mugs?

Sorry for so many questions but I don't want to regret my decision!:thumbsup2

The 1 bedrooms at Kidani have 2 full baths and a sleeper chair. The 1 bedrooms at Jambo only have 1 full bath. Except for value 1 bedrooms, Jambo's 1 bedrooms do have the sleeper chair.

In both resorts there are 1 bedrooms that are designated standard, but do have a lesser savannah view.

I had a standard view 1 bedroom at Kidani on January. We viewed foliage and were near the bus stop and lobby. It was fine.:)

Thanks for that. With two teenagers in tow I think the two bathrooms are an essential so it looks like Kidani may be the wiser choice!

Advantages to Kidani:
  • Kidani 1BRs are larger than Jambo's 1BRs
  • Kidani 1BRs have 2 bathrooms. The master bath is directly connected to the master bedroom and has a separate whirlpool tub and shower
  • Kidani has both dedicated and lockoff 2BRs
  • Can request a lower floor when booking Savanna View (to be closer to the animals)
  • Park buses stop at Kidani first

Disadvantages to Kidani:
  • 1 TS restaurant (Sanaa, which is great!) but no QS restaurant, no hot breakfast available
  • Most Standard View rooms face driveways, bus stop, parking areas but there are some with a limited savanna view

Advantages to Jambo:
  • Four booking categories: Value (smaller rooms with lower occupancy but a great deal), Standard View, Savanna View and Concierge.
  • More restaurants -- 2 TS, 1 QS (The Mara).Two places that serve breakfast (The Mara and Boma)
  • Better views from the Standard View rooms, either pool view or a limited savanna view, though some pool view rooms have roof views or tree views.

Disadvantages of Jambo:
  • Jambo's 1BRs are smaller than Kidani. Value 1BRs are so small they do not have a sleeper chair.
  • 1 bathroom, separated from the master bedroom by a small hallway.
  • No separate shower stall. The combined whirlpool tub and shower has high sides making it difficult for some guests to get into the tub to take a shower.
  • All 2BRs are lockoffs. There are no dedicated 2BRs in Jambo House.
  • All rooms are on the 5th and 6th floors, further from the animals. Tree tops block part of the view. Some Standard View rooms have a restaurant roof view
  • Park buses may already be full of Kidani guests so you may have to stand on the bus at busy times of the day

LisaS that is a brilliant and comprehensive list. Thankyou.

Jambo appeals because of the restaurants but I think the extra space will make Kidani the winner.

LisaS that is a brilliant and comprehensive list. Thankyou.

Jambo appeals because of the restaurants but I think the extra space will make Kidani the winner.
I have probably omitted some things but I think I iincluded the major differences. Kidani is our first choice for stays in a 1BR. If we want to eat at The Mara, Boma or Jiko, we enjoy the 10 minute walk over to Jambo. There is also a shuttle van that runs between the two buildings.

Park buses stop at Kidani first, then Jambo so that's another option to get from Kidani to Jambo. Downtown Disney buses stop at Jambo first, then Kidani so that's another way to get back. But unless someone has mobility issues, the walk is short and pleasant and probably faster than waiting for a Disney bus.

I hope you have a wonderful stay!

At Kidani, you can fill your mugs in the resort store and at the pool. We don't get mugs so there may be other options but I'm only aware of those two locations.

The rooms at Kidani are sooooo much bigger and we love the pool area. We have stayed at all of the DVC resorts and if not for the distance from the parks it would be our favorite. If we do an adult trip or a non-park trip we would stay at Kidani over any other resort. My daughter was shocked that the bathroom in the 1bdr was bigger than her dorm room.

The bartender at the Kidani pool is great, friendly and makes a great pina colado :)

Have fun

Judy

We are planning on booking a 1-bed an AK but have never stayed there before. Which would you pick out of the two and why?

Are the 1-beds all the same size and do they all have the 2 bathrooms and the extra sleeper chair?

I was hoping to get the Standard view to save points so wondered which one stands the best chance of not having an awful view!

Sorry for so many questions but I don't want to regret my decision!:thumbsup2

I debated too and ultimately went with Kidani and we fell in love. We had stayed at Jambo on a previous trip and while it was also amazing, we preferred Kidani. The extra bathroom is totally worth it. We didn't use the CS so I can't comment on that. The pool was great, the service was stellar, and our view was unreal. I like the smaller feel to it. We walked to Jambo many times as DS was making his beaded necklace and both had activities that he needed to attend to get all of the beads. The walk is nothing. Honestly. I read so much about how far the walk is and it didn't take 5 minutes. We don't do the soda mugs so I'm not sure where those get filled.

You are all making me quite excited about the place now!

I know we won't mind the walk between the two as we do like walking around resorts. One of the reasons I like SSR is that we can stretch our legs and have a wander around or even to DTD rather than just doing a thempark shuffle!

We often don't have mugs but sometimes the kids want them but the location of refills wouldn't be a deal breaker for us. I am a tea drinker so always have to make it in our room anyway since I prefer to drink British tea so have to bring my own bags!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter