Kidani question

JoannaPike

Earning My Ears
We have a 2 bedroom savanah view booked for 8 days in September. This will be our 1st time staying here as DVC owners (it is our home resort) and our 1st trip as DVC owners! My question is this- my parents will be with us and my stepdad will have a power scooter for the trip that he is renting from an offsite company so that he will have it to go back and forth to the bus stops and such. How much of a hassle will this be? Will we have room to park it at night in the room? I didn't request a handicap room because his only problem his walking long distances. Thanks!

Are your parents in the second bedroom by themselves? If so there will be plenty of room there. I will say that I've seen scooters parked in the hallway outside of villas. I don't know how secure that is?:confused3 Why not call the front desk at Kidani and ask what they recommend.

We have a 2 bedroom savanah view booked for 8 days in September. This will be our 1st time staying here as DVC owners (it is our home resort) and our 1st trip as DVC owners! My question is this- my parents will be with us and my stepdad will have a power scooter for the trip that he is renting from an offsite company so that he will have it to go back and forth to the bus stops and such. How much of a hassle will this be? Will we have room to park it at night in the room? I didn't request a handicap room because his only problem his walking long distances. Thanks!

You could consider seeing if they have a 2BR lock-off for the dates you are there. That would give a second entrance straight into the second BR and he may be able to park it right inside the door. Of course, the lock-offs have a queen size bed and sleeper sofa in the second BR, so if you need two queen beds in the second BR, this may not be ideal.

We have had need of scooters at WDW, and it was very easy to handle everywhere. As for room in the villa...There should be room in the common area of the living room/kitchen, but if they are in the second bedroom, there will be plenty of room for it. Kidani is easier with the scooter than say OKW where you might not have an elevator building. Off and on the buses is extremely easy, and the scooter can be a life saver in the parks for those who have back, knee or other mobility issues.:thumbsup2

In December we stayed in a dedicated 2br at Kidani. My mom had a scooter and she was in the second bedroom. I agree that there will be plenty of room. Mom kept it in her room, there was space in front of the large closet, and there was still enough room to get to the closet.

I was nervous about the buses and at the parks, but we never had a problem. The bus drivers were very nice and helpful.

We rented from a Disney approved company so we were able to pick up and drop off the scooter with bell services, which was convenient.

You will have room to park it inside the room.

If he doesn't normally use an ECV he might want to practice at a local store.

Disney has now restricted ECV rentals to contracted companies. Contracted companies can drop off the ECV with Bell Services, others can not.

Expect some looks by others, busses can only fit 2 HC units at a time so sometimes there is a wait. HC units have priority so people on the bus may have to give up their seats.

Expect people to walk right in front of or into the ECV. They act like you aren't there and get upset when they walk into you.

:earsboy: Bill

We have had a scooter in a studio it is in the kitchen area. Just charge it up and you are good. The bus drivers are awesome loading them. You and your family will board first. But people in the parks pay them not attention and nearly walk right into them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter