Kidani Village and BEES!!

We did split stay Kidani/BWV in July. No bees @ BWV. Bees at much of the pool area @ Kidani especially splash area. Although Kidani was a unique experience, it was not our favorite even if bees were not a factor. Just imo

Others maybe have different experiences, but at the Kidani pool, I honestly have not noticed any bees when actually swimming in the pool. Try and set up camp as far away from the pool bar as possible.

Thanks. That is a good idea. ;)

Not that it really makes a difference, but are they bees or are they yellow jackets (wasps)? Honey bees are generally attracted to flowers not soda. Yellow jackets on the other have insatiable "sweet tooths" and are very difficult to control. I don't think there nests need to be very close to where they're feeding on sweets.

Not that it really makes a difference, but are they bees or are they yellow jackets (wasps)? Honey bees are generally attracted to flowers not soda. Yellow jackets on the other have insatiable "sweet tooths" and are very difficult to control. I don't think there nests need to be very close to where they're feeding on sweets.
They are bees. Honey bees to be more specific.
My family has always commented on how Disney must spray like crazy to keep pests at bay. Well, Kidani showed us a new side of pest management.

Talked to bug killer at animal kingdom as he was killing wasps nest on alll three of our grand villa balconies they had just done it two weeks prior and they were back already He also stated disney was very good at removing the africanized bees from all areas And all known hives are checked for aggressive Bees and destroyed if found to contain them

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Here now at Kidani. Spent 4 hrs at the pool. Saw 2 bees. There are a lot more love bugs getting it on than anything else.

Same thing at Jambo-I got back from there yesterday, and someone asked for a "bee report". Virtually no bees.

Bees were a problem at the Kidani pool when we were there are few years ago too. Not sure why they haven't been able to figure out a solution yet.

We've never had a problem anywhere else with bees. Only at Kidani.

Same here...

There were bees at Jambo House each time we stayed there in the fall. Which surprised me. We haven't encountered them at Kidani though for the two times we stayed there. And WL also has bees from time to time. Although we did meet the CM that cleared out the 747s as he called them (bee and wasp nests) at WL. He also was responsible for removing snakes and crocodiles. He was called over to MK that year to remove a large snake in the Rose Garden. He was very interesting to talk to. So the resorts do have employees to handle these problems. I'd report it. And if nothing was done while you were there, I would report it to member satisfaction.

For DVC resorts only: dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com

I saw bees many places in my 10 days at WDW in August, but the problem at the Kidani pool was horrific. We were harassed by bees constantly unless we got into the water. They would land on me, and on my stuff every minute. I saw 2 kids get stung in a half hour because they swat instead of freezing or moving slowly away. We could not stand it and left the pool after a half hour.

They were a problem to a lesser degree over at BC Stormalong Bay around the tables and chairs and at Hurricane Hannah's drink station.

We were at Kidani in mid-August and saw bees in the splash area but not by the pool. There were around 3-5 bees around the whirlpool and some (3-4) near the waterfall area, mostly around the vegetation. We did not see any bees at Jambo house or pool there.

We were at Old Key West from 8/10-8/14 and the bees by the main pool were awful. They were yellow jackets I think because they were very aggressive. I got stung on the thigh just sitting on a chair with no sweet drinks around. The cast members were very nonchalant when I reported my sting and concerns.Wrote an e-mail to member satisfaction and got an apology but nothing more such as promise to try to do a better job of insect control or posting notice when there a bee infestation by the pool to warn people who are allergic.

Unfortunately, the bees were not pleasant at Kidani a few years ago! Other than that we really enjoyed it!:goodvibes

Unfortunately, the bees were not pleasant at Kidani a few years ago! Other than that we really enjoyed it!:goodvibes

Maybe it is the time of year i go??? The last few years in August the bees have been bad at Kidani pool and splash area. That is actually how we found out my daughter (5 at the time) was allergic when she was stung in the lip at the pool.

Maybe it is the time of year i go??? The last few years in August the bees have been bad at Kidani pool and splash area. That is actually how we found out my daughter (5 at the time) was allergic when she was stung in the lip at the pool.

We were there in August over Labor Day and didn't *notice* any bees -- of course I wasn't looking for any either :) I think it's one of those things once you see you can't unsee :)

Anyone there now have a bee update? We will be there end of the week, so I'm really hoping the bee situation is under better control now. One bee is one too many for me.

We had issues with bees...actually agree that I think they are yellow jackets...last November. They were never a 'swarm' but enough that you had to watch how you moved and where you stepped.

Ws there about a week go. It was fine. I was worried when i read this thread as i have 2 kids and was planning pool time. It was fine. Good advice is not to sit by the bar/mugfill. But nothing to worry bout. I was also at kidani at 2011 and thought there were a lot of bees. But this trip there was not a problem. For the record, we did a split stay at blt and there were some bees by the mug fill t the pool, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter