Kids 1st trip-an ever changing PTR-Update: 12-21 Itinerary 6.0 is now done

Hey all we are booked, I'm so excited, we decided on:

Me, DH, Jack, Joey, and my Great Aunt Bea will be staying at All Star Movies (I know a lot of people don't like the All Stars, but we are so excited about the possibility of a Buzz & Woody room). We requested a handicap accessible room with walk in shower and bench for my Aunt.

I think for a trip with kids, going with an all-stars is a great option. The theming looks super fun- so I don't think you'll be disappointed.

We are staying Saturday June 5- Saturday June 12. And we will be on the quick service dining plan, but we are planning a few table service meals that we will pay out of pocket. With the moods of my boys and their reactions to characters recently we decided that this will be the best dining situation for us this first trip. Plus we will be bringing many food items for Jack and his special diet. And we are getting 7 day base tickets.

Good plan to go with QS this time. Very curious to find out what TS places you've come up!! Any character meals

My Mom, Dad, Sister, Brother in Law, and Niece will be staying at the campsite in the trailer they are planning to purchase. They are staying in a preferred spot with full hook up. They will also be on the quick service dining plan and are getting 7 day base tickets. They are however staying Friday June 4- Saturday June 12. And also plan on at least one table service meal.

They are going to LOVE the Fort!!! It is so quiet and peaceful, yet with a lot, and I do mean a ton!, of stuff to do and enjoy. Make sure to take time to go to the stables, relax at the newly renovated pool, get a Giddy up and Go meal, the campfire. I love it there!

Ok now for you mathematicians or just you people that pay close attention to details, yes you counted correctly and we have once again become a Grand Gathering. My sister and her little family are not 100% for going, but the chances are pretty high. So we are planning for the ten of us.

That is about all I have for you, still working on my hidden mickey quest updates and time is slipping away from me, I feel like I have a lot of time but also feel like I don't have so much time to decide on those table service ADR's. So I'll be working on those in the next couple weeks as well.

I do hope they can join you, but make sure to schedule alone time with just your family too. We made the mistake of letting some assume we'd be together the whole time. It was a disaster!!

Will you do any GG special acitivities???

Hi Jessica - I've only read through 5 pages so far, but wanted to say Hi and let you know I'll be following along. I'm also a mom of 2 boys - my older DS9 was diagnosed with autism (PDD) when he was 2. DS6 may or may not have Asperger's - nobody wants to commit! :rolleyes1

On our first two Disney trips with DS9 we were dealing with multiple food intolerances and Disney did an amazing job accomodating his dietary needs. It's an amazing place for special kids - that's why we keep going back! :thumbsup2

I can't wait to read more as your plans continue to come together. :goodvibes

All caught up!! Glad to hear you finally booked! :cool1:

Driving or flying? You mentioned flying somewhere along the way, but that may have just been for the CA trip?? Anyway - We brought a lot of food with us for DS9 on two of our trips - which was tricky post 9/11. But we did manage to be able to bring a cooler full of food on the plane with us so just let me know if you need any advice on flying with food.

Yay, you're booked! Verrry exciting! ASMovies was a lot of fun, the boys will love it! Can't wait to hear more about the camp site, that sounds like quite the adventure itself.

:woohoo: You're booked!

Whoo hoo for booking!!! Sooo exciting!!! :cool1::dance3::cool1:
:dance3:
Hurray for dates!!!!:woohoo:

OK now that the All-Stars are booked.... time to start the 'real' planing!!!! LOL:lmao:
Yes the 'real" planning has begun. :thumbsup2
I think for a trip with kids, going with an all-stars is a great option. The theming looks super fun- so I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Good plan to go with QS this time. Very curious to find out what TS places you've come up!! Any character meals

They are going to LOVE the Fort!!! It is so quiet and peaceful, yet with a lot, and I do mean a ton!, of stuff to do and enjoy. Make sure to take time to go to the stables, relax at the newly renovated pool, get a Giddy up and Go meal, the campfire. I love it there!

I do hope they can join you, but make sure to schedule alone time with just your family too. We made the mistake of letting some assume we'd be together the whole time. It was a disaster!!

Will you do any GG special acitivities???

There will be at least one character meal. And there is a possibility of a GG activity but we haven't "officially" discussed it yet. I had wanted to camp out at the campsite, so glad my parents are, I do know fishing is on our to do list, as it always was, so now we'll have to see what else we do, and yes there will be many times that we are not all together. I made that very clear even when planning to only go with my parents.

Hi Jessica - I've only read through 5 pages so far, but wanted to say Hi and let you know I'll be following along. I'm also a mom of 2 boys - my older DS9 was diagnosed with autism (PDD) when he was 2. DS6 may or may not have Asperger's - nobody wants to commit! :rolleyes1

On our first two Disney trips with DS9 we were dealing with multiple food intolerances and Disney did an amazing job accomodating his dietary needs. It's an amazing place for special kids - that's why we keep going back! :thumbsup2

I can't wait to read more as your plans continue to come together. :goodvibes
:welcome: Glad you came over, I can use all the tips I can get.

All caught up!! Glad to hear you finally booked! :cool1:

Driving or flying? You mentioned flying somewhere along the way, but that may have just been for the CA trip?? Anyway - We brought a lot of food with us for DS9 on two of our trips - which was tricky post 9/11. But we did manage to be able to bring a cooler full of food on the plane with us so just let me know if you need any advice on flying with food.

We are driving, it's about 13 hours I believe, so we do plan to stay over somewhere on the way down and back. But we are taking the backseat out of our van to take our double jogger stroller, food, toys, etc to keep them entertained on the way down, and while we are there. I tend to over pack so we will probably use up the whole backseat, hope we have room for whatever decides to come home with us. :rotfl2: As I'm sure we will bring some friends (mainly Pooh and Mickey) home with us.

Yay, you're booked! Verrry exciting! ASMovies was a lot of fun, the boys will love it! Can't wait to hear more about the camp site, that sounds like quite the adventure itself.

:woohoo: You're booked!

We are very excited, I really hope we get a Buzz and Woody room.

Hey all, I have been such a bad DISer lately. Life has just been so hectic. And we unfortunately spent Thanksgiving break all sick. I just feel so blessed that we got to spend it together. But four days sick in bed was just too much for me.

Anyhow, can you believe I'm approaching my 180 day mark to book dining :scared1::cool1: It felt like it was ages away and now it's only one week away. I need to get this together by next week.

We will only be on the quick service dining plan so we will be paying out of pocket for these meals. So let me know what you all think about our selections and times.

Here they are:
June 5th: Chef Mickeys 5pm (me,DH,DS4, DS1, Mom,Dad, aunt, Sister, brother in law, niece)

June 7th: Kona Breakfast (what are the breakfast hours?) Me, Mom, Aunt, DS1

June 8th: (this is my tentative Universal day)- I'm thinking a late dinner at Whispering canyon cafe, for me, DH, DS4, DS1 - but I'm trying to decide what time that should be, I don't want it to be too late, but I also want to allow us enough time to explore IOA

June 9th: Crystal Palace (before park opens) me, DH, DS4, DS1

June 10th: Tea at Grand Floridian me, Mom, Aunt, Sister

Opinions and suggestions welcome.

I'm hoping to spend the rest of this week catching up on all the Ptr's and TR's I've been neglecting, which is all of the ones I'm subscribed to. :sad1: Sorry everyone, I promise to get caught up asap.

Jessica--I'm so glad you checked in! I was wondering where you have been! So sorry to hear that you all have been sick--that's no fun! Your dining choices look great!! I love CM and CP and have heard great things about Kona!! Oh--and our friends ate at WC twice on their trip b/c they loved it so much!!:goodvibes

Hey Jessica!! I was getting worried too! It's not like you to be MIA like that after being so regualar over on mine!

I'm so sorry you were so sick! That stinks!

I know when I"m gone for a few days, I feel really, really behind. So we understand it'll take time to catch up.

Welcome back!

Hi there! Time sure flies doesn't it? I like your choices, especially CP before the park opens, and I've heard good things about both Kona and WCC.

I'm sorry you've all been sick.... that's crappy. :( Have fun catching up!

CMs is really fun. I think dinner is better than breakfast here

Kona Cafe is my favorite breakfast in all of WDW. I think breakfast is 7:30-11:30.

CP breakfast is fun. You have to try the puffed french toast... it is sooo good!!

Welcome back to the DIS. I took a little hiatus recently too. It takes a little while to get into the swing of things.:goodvibes

Sorry guys I got sick again, this has been a terrible cold season for me, I got strep throat and it knocked me on my butt, I missed work for a whole week and couldn't get out of bed. I managed to make my dining reservations before that though and got everything I wanted :banana::banana: But as DISers do, I'm already planning changes :lmao:

Here were my tentative plans (Itinerary 5.0- even though I don't believe I posted the other 4 here is what I last had, which is now changing again)

Friday June 4th
leave TN- stay in hotel somewhere between TN and FL
Saturday June 5th-
Check into ASMovies
Dinner at Chef Mickey's 5pm
Explore Downtown Disney

Sunday June 6th-
Breakfast at Port Orleans Sassagoula
Check Jack into Pirate adventure 9-9:30am
Animal Kingdom day
Lunch at Flame Tree BBQ
Dinner @ ???

Monday June 7th-
Me, Joey, Mom, Aunt Bea- Breakfast at Kona 7:30am
Jack & DH- Breakfast at ASMovies food court area
meet up at DHS (hopefully at park opening)
Snack @ Min & Bills
Dinner @ Toy Story Planet

Tuesday June 8th-
IOA day
IOA character breakfast (which isn't on Tuesdays, so
need to change)
Late dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe 7:20 pm

Wednesday June 9th-
MK day
Breakfast at Crystal Palace 8:05 am
Lunch @ Pinocchio Village Haus
Dinner @ Cosmic Rays

Thursday June 10th-
Epcot day
Breakfast @ Sunshine Seasons
snack around the world
Grand Floridian Tea(me, mom, Aunt, sis) 2pm
Dinner @ Yakitori House or Cantina de San Angel

Friday June 11th-
Surprise day, no plans, go where the wind takes us
Saturday June 12th-
Another undecided day and head home day :sad1:

Oh and I got a 30% off PIN, which has already been applied to our trip and saved us close to $300 dollars :woohoo::banana::yay: But my travel agent said a new deal might be released in a few days, but she doesn't know what it's for yet, so could be better than my 30% off.

Sorry you were sick again, but :banana: for getting your ADR's. Looks like a great plan so far, even with the changes you need to do. I sure hope I get to meet all of you since we will be there on the 5th and 6th also.

WHat a bummer you're getting sick so often this winter!! But hey. Lookie at those plans! They look really good! No dinner plan on your AK day??

I forget, are you doing the CS plan?? If so, what about Y&Y ? If not, what about Boma??

Yeah I keep getting hit hard with this cold/flu season. I never knew strep could hit a person like this but it did, and the doctor said it has hit many the last couple weeks, including a fellow diser.

Itinerary 6.0

Friday June 4th-
Leave TN, stay at hotel somewhere between TN & FL

Saturday June 5th- (this day will not change)
Arrive in FL
Check into ASMovies
Dinner @ Chef Mickeys 5 pm
Explore Downtown Disney

Sunday June 6th-
(also my parents will golf this day since Jack has his Pirate thing)
Breakfast at Port Orleans Sassagoula
Check Jack into Pirate Adventure 9-9:30 am
explore POFQ and POR until Jack done, around 11:30
Animal Kingdom Day
Lunch @ Flame Tree BBQ
Dinner @ maybe Yak & Yeti???

Monday June 7th-
Me, Mom, Aunt Bea, Joey: Breakfast at Kona Cafe 7:30
Jack and DH Breakfast at ASMovies food court
Meet at MK
lunch @ ?
Dinner @ ?

Tuesday June 8th-
Epcot Day
Breakfast at Sunshine Seasons
Snack around the world
Dinner @ Yakitori House or Cantina de San Angel

Wednesday June 9th-
Another MK day
Breakfast at Crystal Palace 8:05 am (just my little family)
Lunch @
Dinner @

Thursday June 10th-
(this day had to change because the character breakfast at IOA is only on Sun and Thurs, and I am not moving Jack's Pirate adventure)
IOA day
Character Breakfast 9am
I have not researched meal options at IOA yet

Friday June 11th-
DHS day
Breakfast is a big ?
snack at Min and Bills (for the milkshakes)
Dinner @ Toy Story Planet (everyone is really excited about this one for some reason)

Saturday June 12th-
Mystery day, I'll let the boys (mainly Jack) decide where to go this last day
Then we'll head home somewhere between lunch and dinner and stay at another hotel half way between FL and TN

So I'm going to have to cancel WCC, which might be not such a bad thing, I've been worried about the noise level and excitement in there.

Yes we are on the Counter service dining plan, so all table service meals will be out of pocket. Also looks like I'll be canceling the tea, which I was looking forward to, but that's just a reason to go back, right?

I know my boys don't do that well at sit down restaurants, so it will be good to have a more flexible schedule this time, we have the rest of their lives to try out all the restaurants...a little at a time if I have to ;)

Hey all we are booked, I'm so excited, we decided on:

Me, DH, Jack, Joey, and my Great Aunt Bea will be staying at All Star Movies (I know a lot of people don't like the All Stars, but we are so excited about the possibility of a Buzz & Woody room). We requested a handicap accessible room with walk in shower and bench for my Aunt.

We are staying Saturday June 5- Saturday June 12. And we will be on the quick service dining plan, but we are planning a few table service meals that we will pay out of pocket. With the moods of my boys and their reactions to characters recently we decided that this will be the best dining situation for us this first trip. Plus we will be bringing many food items for Jack and his special diet. And we are getting 7 day base tickets.

My Mom, Dad, Sister, Brother in Law, and Niece will be staying at the campsite in the trailer they are planning to purchase. They are staying in a preferred spot with full hook up. They will also be on the quick service dining plan and are getting 7 day base tickets. They are however staying Friday June 4- Saturday June 12. And also plan on at least one table service meal.

Ok now for you mathematicians or just you people that pay close attention to details, yes you counted correctly and we have once again become a Grand Gathering. My sister and her little family are not 100% for going, but the chances are pretty high. So we are planning for the ten of us.

That is about all I have for you, still working on my hidden mickey quest updates and time is slipping away from me, I feel like I have a lot of time but also feel like I don't have so much time to decide on those table service ADR's. So I'll be working on those in the next couple weeks as well.

Glad to see that you're officially booked! That makes it more real doesn't it?! Good luck getting your ADRs.

Hi, I just read through your whole pre trip report! Your boys are adorable! We took our first trip to Disney World this past May and stayed at the All Star Movies in the toy story building. We love Toy Story and every morning we came out of our room to the giant buzz and woody. Ahh, what a sight!!! The rooms are awesome with Toy story blankets and toy story wall borders, it's just so awesome!! The toy story building is preferred view too, so nice and close to food court and pool!!! Your boys will LOVE it!!!

Yay for getting book ,I'll be doing that soon, we're going back for trip number 2 in September!! This time staying at CBR:cloud9:

Hi Jessica!! Glad to hear that you're feeling better!! Strep is NOT fun!! My throat was so swollen that I could hardly speak or breathe! It was awful--so I know what you were going through!! I'm sure your boys are getting excited about Christmas, huh?! :goodvibes

HI Jessica!!

I"ve been missing you a ton on our threads!! I really hope you can get better and be well for a long while! BTW, we're playing Rations Drop again, if you want to stop by.

I'm super sad you have to cancel your tea!! I know you were really looking forward to that.

I love your plan to keep the last day open. With all the stuff being planned by others, Jack my really enjoy picking the thing he loved best and wants to go back to. I agree about WCC. It may be to noisy and chaotic for your guys.

Anyway, have a wonderful Christmas :)

I'm glad you are starting to feel better.

Your plans look good! I like how you have some open choices that you can make on the fly! I hope you have a restful holiday! :santa:

Merry Christmas ya'll :) Hope you all had a very Disney Christmas, our was sprinkled with Disney items of course.

Sorry you were sick again, but :banana: for getting your ADR's. Looks like a great plan so far, even with the changes you need to do. I sure hope I get to meet all of you since we will be there on the 5th and 6th also.

Yes we will have to coordinate schedules to meet up for sure.

Hi, I just read through your whole pre trip report! Your boys are adorable! We took our first trip to Disney World this past May and stayed at the All Star Movies in the toy story building. We love Toy Story and every morning we came out of our room to the giant buzz and woody. Ahh, what a sight!!! The rooms are awesome with Toy story blankets and toy story wall borders, it's just so awesome!! The toy story building is preferred view too, so nice and close to food court and pool!!! Your boys will LOVE it!!!

Yay for getting book ,I'll be doing that soon, we're going back for trip number 2 in September!! This time staying at CBR:cloud9:

Hey, Welcome, thanks for reading. We are very excited about the Toy Story bldg, I'll have to make my way over when I get caught up on all the other TR/PTR's I'm subbed to

Hi Jessica!! Glad to hear that you're feeling better!! Strep is NOT fun!! My throat was so swollen that I could hardly speak or breathe! It was awful--so I know what you were going through!! I'm sure your boys are getting excited about Christmas, huh?! :goodvibes

Totally understand, I lost my voice for like five days. The boys were very excited for Christmas, Jack said it was the best Christmas ever!!!

HI Jessica!!

I"ve been missing you a ton on our threads!! I really hope you can get better and be well for a long while! BTW, we're playing Rations Drop again, if you want to stop by.

I'm super sad you have to cancel your tea!! I know you were really looking forward to that.

I love your plan to keep the last day open. With all the stuff being planned by others, Jack my really enjoy picking the thing he loved best and wants to go back to. I agree about WCC. It may be to noisy and chaotic for your guys.

Anyway, have a wonderful Christmas :)

I've tried to catch up on your PTR several times but haven't commented, cause I'm way so far behind. I think I'll just join in where you are now and start playing the games again.

I'm glad you are starting to feel better.

Your plans look good! I like how you have some open choices that you can make on the fly! I hope you have a restful holiday! :santa:

Your TR is next on my list for catching up on, so sometime this weekend I should be caught up again. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter