kids clubs in port

disneymagicgirl

Been there, Done that, Going back!
Considering Ovation for Alaska 2019 and also NCL bliss. Wonder is my plan A but I'm just not sure the cost is worth it.

We will have our 3 year old along and were planning to leave her onboard for some shore excursions on DCL as we have done in the past. Are the clubs on RCCL and NCL (if anyone knows) open in port like on DCL? That is a huge pro in the DCL column if not.

Yes they are, at least for Royal. Same as DCL they'll open at 9am or around 30 minutes before the first shore excursion leaves (which is what Dcl offers). They have the usual 3 different sessions a day. At lunch time they'll take the kids to the Windjammer/Johnny Rockets (depending on ship) so they get a better lunch than DCL (all for free). If its a long day you can sign them up for dinner too and they can stay all day even though technically they have the 3 daily sessions.

I dont know about NCL, but Im pretty sure all the major cruise lines have a child care option when in port.

Yes they are, at least for Royal. Same as DCL they'll open at 9am or around 30 minutes before the first shore excursion leaves (which is what Dcl offers). They have the usual 3 different sessions a day. At lunch time they'll take the kids to the Windjammer/Johnny Rockets (depending on ship) so they get a better lunch than DCL (all for free). If its a long day you can sign them up for dinner too and they can stay all day even though technically they have the 3 daily sessions.

I dont know about NCL, but Im pretty sure all the major cruise lines have a child care option when in port.
Thank you! I like how the ages are divided up too. I am a little concerned with my 3 year old being in with all the chaos on dcl.

Thank you! I like how the ages are divided up too. I am a little concerned with my 3 year old being in with all the chaos on dcl.

From the other (CM) side, I think like the ages being split up too...most of the time...
I dont know about Quantum Class, but I know that often on port days on a lot of rccl ships the age groups are combined, at least until theres a good number of kids....just so you know...

From the other (CM) side, I think like the ages being split up too...most of the time...
I dont know about Quantum Class, but I know that often on port days on a lot of rccl ships the age groups are combined, at least until theres a good number of kids....just so you know...

Good info. Thx!

We sailed on Anthem of the Seas and the kids club Adventure Ocean was basically open all day each port day. We left DS on the ship one day, he got fed and spent all day there. They did a lot of special things :)

Anyways for what it’s worth they told me they only combine the 6-8 and 9-11 group if there are less kids. Not the 3-5. The little ones stay separated.
That’s what I was told.

We booked Disney Wonder for Alaska but are seriously considering Bliss or Ovation...

I booked wonder too. The price isn’t bad since I did shoulder season and downgraded to connecting 9s. However, it is a lot less for my money than the other lines. If we go alone we will stick with Disney. If my in laws go and feel strongly about July we will go with rccl. Bliss won’t work if I can leave the little in the club.

I booked wonder too. The price isn’t bad since I did shoulder season and downgraded to connecting 9s. However, it is a lot less for my money than the other lines. If we go alone we will stick with Disney. If my in laws go and feel strongly about July we will go with rccl. Bliss won’t work if I can leave the little in the club.
I feel like the price we got 2A1K for an Aug 18 sailing on the Wonder is not too bad considering we will also get $350 on board credit. It’s $6000 basically, also for a cat.9 midship.
Bliss based on current promo would be $5600 same date but for balcony.
No on board credit, but we’d get the beverage pkg included.
Ovation is lowest at $4900 for balcony and with current promo $175 on board credit. No Ketchikan though.
I know it’s oceanview to balcony but I feel like on the Disney ship I’m ok with an oceanview. Not on the other lines.
Right now I’m keeping the Wonder reservation, already have $600 tied in it anyway... but not ruling out the other 2.

We sailed on Anthem of the Seas and the kids club Adventure Ocean was basically open all day each port day. We left DS on the ship one day, he got fed and spent all day there. They did a lot of special things :)

Anyways for what it’s worth they told me they only combine the 6-8 and 9-11 group if there are less kids. Not the 3-5. The little ones stay separated.
That’s what I was told.

Depends on the ship. The one I worked on 6-11 were combined at all times because there were only 2 rooms.
During port days, all kids would be combined if there weren't many. A movie and some toys/activites for the younger ones and more active games/activities for the older ones, but all in one room, hanging out together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter