Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, here's my Nemo outfit I made the other day. It is pretty much a CASE from someone on here (took me forever to find the little orange dots fabric) It may be forever before I get photos of her in it. I haven't even made bows yet and I can't decide what to do for pants/bottoms/leggings since it will likely be too chilly in DW to go bare-legged. I have a t-shirt from Wal-Mart that perfectly matches the lighter aqua blue color, but do they have the matching leggings? Of course not. Anyhow, I like how it turned out. I used 4 different Nemo fabrics, two non-Nemo, and the little iron-on Nemo on the bodice.
IMG_0118_edited-1.jpg

Just love this nemo. would be perfect for The Nemo subs at disney!!!

WARNING... VENT AHEAD!!!
I can't believe that Disney doesn't have a 24 hour reservation number....What a pain...I've tried to make the ressie online, but it's giving me trouble too....so now I have to wait until the morning, when the kids are screaming, the other phone ringing, tele blaring, cat meowing...to try to hear well enough to book the room...AHHHHHHHHHH!!
Vent Over.

isn't that just annoying. and I am mad too because there customer care center if you have a problem is not open on the weekends! uggghhhh

I am trying to come up with a cake design for ds BD cake- He is having a "cars" party but in the evening they are going to Monster Jam- So I was thinking of having a race track around the edges and having a "dirt" infield with some cars being driven on by a monster truck. So here is my questions- What should I use to make the race track and the dirt and what to separate the two?? What works best for dirt- colored frosting or brown sugar or cake or something else?? I have no idea what to make the race track out of!! Any suggestions appreciated!! :goodvibes There may be some practicing going on- I bet dh and the kids will "hate" that :lmao:
Good morning....

I think for the "dirt" chocolate cake crumbled up would work great or oreo cookies crumbled up would work also. The cookies will give it a different taste and texture so make sure you will like that. Yum! Show pictures when you get one done!

Somehow I lost all of my quotes so I'm going to try and remember what I was going to say!

Love the Belle dress and if it was me, I'd buy the pin on ones and be done with it! It is beautiful! You said you have 4 more projects for this weekend, all for LeighAnne? How does she wear them all! What a lucky little girl!

The Nemo dress is fantastic too! I might have to try and copy that one for our trip to Disney but we'll see what gets done.

I don't remember who has the little one who is sick but big hugs and I hope she gets better soon. There is nothing more pathetic and sad than a sick little one.

For Dallas the birthday boy, what a cool penguin cake! The plate was really cute too! My girls got Elefun for Christmas and it has been the favorite toy around here but it is pointless, no learning involved. Trying to keep up with all of the butterflies is a pain but like I said it seems to be a favorite!

I am trying to come up with a cake design for ds BD cake- He is having a "cars" party but in the evening they are going to Monster Jam- So I was thinking of having a race track around the edges and having a "dirt" infield with some cars being driven on by a monster truck. So here is my questions- What should I use to make the race track and the dirt and what to separate the two?? What works best for dirt- colored frosting or brown sugar or cake or something else?? I have no idea what to make the race track out of!! Any suggestions appreciated!! :goodvibes There may be some practicing going on- I bet dh and the kids will "hate" that :lmao:
Good morning....

I've made the cake from family fun before. It uses oreo crumbs for the dirt. Link follows.
http://jas.familyfun.go.com/recipefinder/display?id=50190

Here is another one with m&ms all over the edges, http://www.brightideas.com/birthdays/themes/racing/cakestreats/c_1723_1.jsp
It also uses oreos.

Post your creation when you finish it!

Katy

Somehow I lost all of my quotes so I'm going to try and remember what I was going to say!

Love the Belle dress and if it was me, I'd buy the pin on ones and be done with it! It is beautiful! You said you have 4 more projects for this weekend, all for LeighAnne? How does she wear them all! What a lucky little girl!

!
Not all for Leigh, I have a friend that is taking her three little girls to Disney in less than two weeks. I am trying to get three matching outfits done for her as a surprise! Hopefully she doesn't read this thread, or the surprise is over!
But, the other is for Leigh.
I tried the red roses on the dress. I am not sure... I think that I will stick with the yellow striped ones, and be done with it!.. LOL

Good morning....

Graham cracker crumbs would make good dirt. I think you can even buy them crushed up.

Graham cracker crumbs would make good dirt. I think you can even buy them crushed up.

What a great idea! I sat here and couldn't think of anything but oreos!

I think for the "dirt" chocolate cake crumbled up would work great or oreo cookies crumbled up would work also. The cookies will give it a different taste and texture so make sure you will like that. Yum! Show pictures when you get one done!

Either of those options sound great!

WARNING... VENT AHEAD!!!
I can't believe that Disney doesn't have a 24 hour reservation number....What a pain...I've tried to make the ressie online, but it's giving me trouble too....so now I have to wait until the morning, when the kids are screaming, the other phone ringing, tele blaring, cat meowing...to try to hear well enough to book the room...AHHHHHHHHHH!!
Vent Over.

Vent away! I know, it is hard to call when everyone is doing something, usually wanting to talk to me!

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers! I really appreciate everyone on this thread! It's nice to have others to talk to that can understand where you are coming from! I, myself, had never heard of this, either! And unfortunately she can have NO otc meds because it can cause Reyes' syndrome(sp?) which is a life threatening illness!:scared1: She is having to just deal with it!:sad2: It's hard to see her so sick, I keep saying to my DH if I could just take the sickness away I would!

Prayers and pixie dust for your little one! I will also pray your older daugther doesn't get it!

Well this will be my last post for a few days... I'm sorry that I haven't posted any photos today, but I haven't sat down all day. I have been trying to run around and pack, and shop for our last minute items.
I wound up booking Pop Century, I wanted to stay somewhere else, but the girls wouldn't hear of it, and since it's Alexis's birthday trip, she got to choose. Technically her birthday isn't until the 22nd, but we are celebrating early.
A funny thing happened that I wanted to share. We ran into target this morning to get some white ruffle socks for the girls, and I found a 3 pack and bought them and left. When I got home and took them out of the package to wash them, I totally bought the wrong size. They were HUGE!! They were even too big for me. I put a pair of them on and walked around the house and made the girls laugh...:lmao: I don't know what I will do with them. Maybe I'll meet a cross dresser someday, who has VERY large feet...:rotfl:
Anyhow...this time tomorrow, we will be in Animal Kingdom!! I will post photos when I get back. Don't write too much while I'm gone!! Happy Sewing everyone!

Ok, I was 22 pages behind from after New Years, and I'm FINALLY caught up. There was some AWESOME stuff over the past week.

I love Lisa's new creations. That TINK Christmas one is awesome. Madison would LOVE something like that. Thankfully I have almost a whole year to try to create something.

And Tom, your new stuff is cool too. Love, love, love it!!!

I also see that Nana has been here lately offering her embroidery advise. Sadly, I haven't had the chance to play with her old/my new machine. She is going to send me the instruction manual as soon as she can find it, then I want to create some stuff. I bought some cute cheer designs on :wizard: that I want to make for Emily.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers! I really appreciate everyone on this thread! It's nice to have others to talk to that can understand where you are coming from! I, myself, had never heard of this, either! And unfortunately she can have NO otc meds because it can cause Reyes' syndrome(sp?) which is a life threatening illness!:scared1: She is having to just deal with it!:sad2: It's hard to see her so sick, I keep saying to my DH if I could just take the sickness away I would!
It breaks my heart just to read about her! I can't imagine how hard it is for you! Hugs and prayers!

Just love this nemo. would be perfect for The Nemo subs at disney!!!

Hey, good idea! My nephew just called me the other day to let me know he just got engaged. He is from Alaska and his fiancee is from So. Cal--L.A. area somewhere. Of course the first question out of my mouth was where they would have the wedding. They think probably California. Right away Dsister (his other aunt) and I were on the phone to each other planning a Disneyland/wedding trip :rotfl: We decided as long as the wedding is somewhere in Southern California, we are going to stay across the street from Disneyland! :laughing:

Well this will be my last post for a few days... I'm sorry that I haven't posted any photos today, but I haven't sat down all day. I have been trying to run around and pack, and shop for our last minute items.
I wound up booking Pop Century, I wanted to stay somewhere else, but the girls wouldn't hear of it, and since it's Alexis's birthday trip, she got to choose. Technically her birthday isn't until the 22nd, but we are celebrating early.

Have fun on your trip! I'm so jealous and I'm going in less than 2 weeks! I don't know what I'll do when I get home (cry) because who knows when we will ever get to go back. I'm sure we'll find a way, but not for a few years. Thank goodness for Disneyland.

THis is sooooo AWESOME!!! I totally love your combinations - you must be thrilled with the finished outfit!!!

Thank you! My pediatrician called this afternoon with test results and informed me she has aednovirus! It is a virus that infects all of your membranes! This is why she has an ear infection, pink eye, a sinus infection, and running very high fevers! Pretty scary considering there is NO meds for it. Just has to run its course! Her eye is so bad that she woke up this morning and it is black! She looks like she has been in a fight! Thanks for the hugs, she needs them! Sorry to ramble, but please if everyone doesn't mind saying a little prayer for her, I would really appreciate it! I'm hoping she heals quickly and my DD4 stays well as this virus is HIGHLY contagious!

I'll pray for a speedy recovery and extra health for the rest of your family - this sounds like a NASTY bug!!!

Good morning....

Ummm sounds yummy!! Do you guys like "dirt pudding"? That could make a cool "infield" in the center of the cake. I was wondering if you had see how people use cupcakes now for a cake? Maybe you could use that to get the oval shape of the racetrack and then ice smootly over it to look like the track surface? Sounds like fun - make sure you post a picture when you get it all figured out (and before it gets eaten up!!)

Have a great Sunday - Wendy

Thanks everyone for your nice comments on the nemo dress! I had so many nemo fabrics (I didn't even use them all) I had to seperate each fabric or they would've all blended into a big blue jumbled mess. I have the same problem when I scrapbook--I always want to use too many photos. Okay, I really need to be sewing. 12 days left and probably about 12 customs left to make :laughing: Packing? What's that?

47b8df27b3127cceb45a2966032600000025100AaOXDhu1ZNmIg

My neice, Princess Lexi. This is her Xmas dress I made her. She got lots of raves over it. I put the bottom of the onesize back on it.

47b8df27b3127cceb45a296c032c00000025100AaOXDhu1ZNmIg

While I'm at it, this is her Brother Todd. He just turned 9 and my buddy Kingdom Hearts pal. Just showing you how he'd make a "pretty girl". Sshhh... don't tell him I said that. He'll grow up to be a lady killer I'm sure.

47b8df27b3127cceb45a2966032600000025100AaOXDhu1ZNmIg

My neice, Princess Lexi. This is her Xmas dress I made her. She got lots of raves over it. I put the bottom of the onesize back on it.

47b8df27b3127cceb45a296c032c00000025100AaOXDhu1ZNmIg

While I'm at it, this is her Brother Todd. He just turned 9 and my buddy Kingdom Hearts pal. Just showing you how he'd make a "pretty girl". Sshhh... don't tell him I said that. He'll grow up to be a lady killer I'm sure.

I love the dress!

I don't know why my camera is taking wonky picures.

The color of the roses I made match almost exactly to the fabric I used, but it doesn't photograph well.

Anyway, here it is.

b002.jpg

I still have a peasant top to make, and possibly a pair of embelished jeans to go with this. But otherwise I think it turned out pretty Belle like!

Off to start and finish the other 4 projects that I NEED to get done this weekend!:laughing:

Hey Tom, I have a question, did you just do the 2 roses in the front, or did you do them all the way around? When I was a little girl I always wanted a dress like this. I used to draw pictures of princessy dresses all the time.

Here is Lily's Valentine's dress. It is the portrait peasant dress pattern from YCMT made into the rumba dress version. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Yes, there are a lot of ruffles, but unlike a twirl skirt, they do not get bigger. They are all the same width so each layer I had to gather was not that large. These are the 4" ruffles. The (reversable) headband is from the free YCMT pattern you get when you sign up for their newsletter.

IMG_0123_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0125_edited-1.jpg

Dallas turned 5 last thursday and I am now just getting around to the pictures to post. I also have christmas to post!

100_3873.jpg

Him with his stuff! I don't have a good one of him standing in his outfit, I'll have to remember to put it on and take a picture one day.

100_3881.jpg

This is what he does with every present! He shakes it to see if it is a lego.

100_3886.jpg

100_3912.jpg

Sorry it is not clear. I didn't realize it, took about a zillion pictures so I got a good one and picked a bad one to photobucket.

100_3902.jpg

This where my dorky-ness comes in, but Dallas loves little things like this. The plate for cake.

100_3918.jpg

Dorky decorations, I had penguins all over the house and he insists on leaving them hanging up!

100_3858-1.jpg

A cupcake I was fooling around with after I frosted the cake.

11.jpg

The two of us playing Elefun. He REALLY wanted it, but I refused to buy it, an aunt got it for him since I told her. I guess I am not a good mommy. I just think it is so pointless, but he loves it.

Awww it looks like Dallas had a WONDERFUL birthday. All the penguin decorations were awesome!!! Great job!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, here it is!
IMG_3336.jpg

close up of design
IMG_3337.jpg

That's great. I love it.

I don't know why my camera is taking wonky picures.

The color of the roses I made match almost exactly to the fabric I used, but it doesn't photograph well.

Anyway, here it is.

b002.jpg

I still have a peasant top to make, and possibly a pair of embelished jeans to go with this. But otherwise I think it turned out pretty Belle like!

Off to start and finish the other 4 projects that I NEED to get done this weekend!:laughing:

I think it's perfect.

While I was sewing DD took the time to dress herself up.
CIMG0485.jpg

I ran out of thread while sewing and had to go to Wal-Mart. DD went to Wal-Mart dressed like this. Luckily is no longer cold outside.

Here is what I was making.
CIMG0486.jpg

and another pic.
CIMG0487.jpg

She is wearing the tiara that was in my hair when I got married. In the ballerina pic she is wearing a necklace that I got for Christmas. She is such a digger.

Very cute.

Okay, here's my Nemo outfit I made the other day. It is pretty much a CASE from someone on here (took me forever to find the little orange dots fabric) It may be forever before I get photos of her in it. I haven't even made bows yet and I can't decide what to do for pants/bottoms/leggings since it will likely be too chilly in DW to go bare-legged. I have a t-shirt from Wal-Mart that perfectly matches the lighter aqua blue color, but do they have the matching leggings? Of course not. Anyhow, I like how it turned out. I used 4 different Nemo fabrics, two non-Nemo, and the little iron-on Nemo on the bodice.

IMG_0118_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0119_edited-1.jpg

I just showed this to DH and he loved it too.

Dallas turned 5 last thursday and I am now just getting around to the pictures to post. I also have christmas to post!

100_3873.jpg

Him with his stuff! I don't have a good one of him standing in his outfit, I'll have to remember to put it on and take a picture one day.

100_3881.jpg

This is what he does with every present! He shakes it to see if it is a lego.

100_3886.jpg

100_3912.jpg

Sorry it is not clear. I didn't realize it, took about a zillion pictures so I got a good one and picked a bad one to photobucket.

100_3902.jpg

This where my dorky-ness comes in, but Dallas loves little things like this. The plate for cake.

100_3918.jpg

Dorky decorations, I had penguins all over the house and he insists on leaving them hanging up!

100_3858-1.jpg

A cupcake I was fooling around with after I frosted the cake.

11.jpg

The two of us playing Elefun. He REALLY wanted it, but I refused to buy it, an aunt got it for him since I told her. I guess I am not a good mommy. I just think it is so pointless, but he loves it.

My kids have elefun too and they like it. I think it's pointless too but they like it and I guess that's what counts. I love the pengiun clothes, too cute.

WARNING... VENT AHEAD!!!
Vent Over.

Vent away

I have never heard of that either. Poor baby. Big hugs from me too.:hug:

Well guys guess what. I went to Joann's today and bought my first sewing machine. It's a Singer Model # 4266 I think. The woman in Joann's said it was a good beginner sewer machine and guess what I get three free lessons on how to use it. The sewing machine people rent space in Joann's so the classes are actually right down the street. They also offer other classes for a fee but they have a sewing club that meets once a month and they sew little projects every month and I get that for free to for buying my machine from them. I am so excited. I really wanted the Disney brother that doesn't fit into my budget quite yet plus I have no experience in sewing yet so I talked myself out of it. Maybe in a couple of years. Anyway I start my lessons with the machine next month. But until I start my own customs I'm going to get some ideas from you all and admire everyone's work.

Laura

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter