Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never seen anything on Hancock's, but I do know that Joanns has some. My mom found the one in my signature online, and I know that she's making some pirate Mickey outfits and she found another website that carries the fabric. If that's something that you're looking for, let me know, and I can ask her where she got it.

Sure.. lmk.. I tried Joanns yesterday and could no find any. I a looking for something like yours for a pair of shorts/matching mickey appliqués t-shirt for my son.

Sure.. lmk.. I tried Joanns yesterday and could no find any. I a looking for something like yours for a pair of shorts/matching mickey appliqués t-shirt for my son.
I'll send an email to my mom and get back to you. It probably won't be until tomorrow, but I know that she bought several yards and she's normally a bargain shopper, so I would guess that it was a decent price.

I am officially hooked! I made my first boutique bows tonight and they look AWESOME!!!! Now if I could just learn to applique!:goodvibes

I want to see pictures of your bows. I tried making bows yesterday :sad2: and they looked awful. either I have no patience or I'm just not crafty :rotfl: . I can sew a button on and that is about it. I will have to buy any custom items for my kids.

here is my first attempt at a dress.

minnieBelle.jpg

I replied to the post because that is where your reply was, and I clearly stated that I was not trying to "blast" you, nor am I "fired up". I think if you had stated what is in bold above no one here would have had an issue with your post. Bringing unrelated issues about awful outfits and disabled children offended me, simply voicing my opinion. Sew on!

Dena

Hi Girls--

I wanted to comment on this real quick and then I'll stand down. :)

First of all, I saw the auction everyone was talking about....not because I went "in search" of it, but I stumbled across it and remembered it because of the "grossness" of the photo. Yes, seeing snot run out of a child's nose in a photo where the outfit is for sale is gross to me.

Obviously, I'm not the only one who thinks it's gross. Look at Ebay, girls. Look at the outfits that go for $200, $300, $400....do they have pictures of their daugthers with messy hair and boogers hanging on their face? NO. That's what sells and, as "mean" as it sounds, it's true.

There's one seller I can think of in particular right now that asks a fortune for her outfits and, 9 times out of 10, gets that small fortune. Are her outfits cute? Sometimes, but even the ugly ones sell. Why? Because her daughter is the cutest little girl and has adorable poses. Her hair is always done nicely and she looks cute.

Just a thought....

:lmao: :rotfl: SO you "GET" volunteered for stuff too. :rotfl2:

Constantly! I just finished loading 121 t-shirts, 150 bandanas, crafts, toys, an ice cooler and paperwork in my van. I still have 300 lemmi sticks but don't need to bring those until Wednesday. Oh well, day camp is a guaranteed 5 pound weight loss :thumbsup2 so that's good. And I can't believe how many pages have been posted since I posted that!!!!

Oh yeah, I did that once along with filling out the survey form thruthfully the way I was asked, and I was made director for our VBS at church. That'll teach me!

Ha! To make it more fun, my co-director (who is a friend of mine) is a LOT like my mom. Now I know why I will never work with my mom (no matter how much I love her). :lmao:

Hi Girls--

First of all, I saw the auction everyone was talking about....not because I went "in search" of it, but I stumbled across it and remembered it because of the "grossness" of the photo. Yes, seeing snot run out of a child's nose in a photo where the outfit is for sale is gross to me.

Obviously, I'm not the only one who thinks it's gross. Look at Ebay, girls. Look at the outfits that go for $200, $300, $400....do they have pictures of their daugthers with messy hair and boogers hanging on their face? NO. That's what sells and, as "mean" as it sounds, it's true.

There's one seller I can think of in particular right now that asks a fortune for her outfits and, 9 times out of 10, gets that small fortune. Are her outfits cute? Sometimes, but even the ugly ones sell. Why? Because her daughter is the cutest little girl and has adorable poses. Her hair is always done nicely and she looks cute.

Just a thought....

Well said, ITA!

Dena

lisanj25- I bought some, but found it at the store. I couldnt find the link online when I tried. I'm sorry. :guilty: I used mine for a skirt and it was cute. Are you close enough to the store to get any?
Great job on the polka dotted pillowcase dress. :cheer2:

Ladyrob, That was an awesome outfit!:thumbsup2

Luxy, Great outfit.:goodvibes

tink, I'm hoping you bought the REALLY big bucket of ice cream....:rotfl:

It's not the greatest picture, but here's a picture of the dress that my mom made for the girls out of that purple princess toile. She put a purple collar and purple band at the bottom.

amy_DSC08446.jpg

Cute! I have this fabric, and just wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it yet. I like seeing everyone elses outfits out of it!

I want to see pictures of your bows. I tried making bows yesterday :sad2: and they looked awful. either I have no patience or I'm just not crafty :rotfl: . I can sew a button on and that is about it. I will have to buy any custom items for my kids.

I'm a buyer too. Not a crafty bone in my body! I do have a creative flair and can decorate with the best of them. I'm just not a do-it-yourself person.

I'm very good at buying and make a wonderful customer, though.:rotfl:

Okay ladies, here is the next item in my Knock-Off Boutique. :rolleyes1 The original was posted by obsessedwiththemouse. I have to give a big thanks to everyone for sharing their ideas and pictures. I'm not very good at coming up with my own designs but that is my next challenge. I plan to brainstorm tomorrow while I tackle that 12 hour shift.

The Minnie ears look a little warped in the picture but that's just how the dress is hanging. I wish I could post pics of DD in the outfit but I've promised DH I would not post pics of the kids anymore.

minnie001.jpg

Adorable, as usual!

Hi Girls--

Just a thought....

I've probably bought from her and paid a fortune! LOL

I agree with Castle... I may have acted childish with wanting to see the snotty picture (and then posting about it) *but*it is gross and I would never buy from that seller based on that picture alone. So I'm glad I saw it.

I've probably bought from her and paid a fortune! I agree I may have acted childish with wanting to see the snotty picture (and then posting about it) *but*it is gross and I would never buy from that seller based on that picture alone. So I'm glad I saw it.

I couldn't agree more...it was very gross. I feel bad for the little girl.

Peace :cool2:

Thanks for all the compliments everyone! Now I'm off to see what I can do with this Friends Around the World fabric. Any ideas?

dopeysgirl, the flowers are all appliqued.

Gosh girl, you are too quick. I didn't even get my order of the Friends Fabric. Hopefully tomorrow. I only have 1 yard but wanted more...It will be fun to see what everyone creates...

here is my first attempt at a dress.

minnieBelle.jpg

Too cute...I love her hair too.... I haven't tried to make a dress like that yet.. I would have loved to make some for the girls for the summer, sigh...but now summer is already here...

I REALLY like the Minnie head...rinestones maybe? Very cute and different that the others!

They are called rhinestuds. I got it off Ebay. I can PM you the seller if you like :)

Hmmm, I am not understand what all happened on this thread today. I am feeling a little upset about it. I am pretty sure I am the only person that has posted pictures of my DS with Down Syndrome. I didn't see it as a big deal :confused3 I think he looks quite cute, after all he is in Disney clothes.... I am never looking for a comments on either of my kids, I am simply enjoying everyones work and sharing my own (made and bought). :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter