killing of my unwanted hollyhocks

ohMom

Kids Get Arthritis Too!
about 5 years ago my DD and I planted hollyhock seeds along the outside of my neighbors fence, our side of yard in corner. anyhow, they were driving me crazy, just overtaking the small bed. i try to pull them out but can't keep up. and to top it off they have migrated to my neighbors back yard corner, which they happened to fence off so they can't see it. nice huh? they laid down a bed of ornamental rocks but it doesn't stop the weeds and hollyhocks. i spray my roundup out there when i there, but it's not really my yard. anyhow -- for my yardage, is there someway of really killing these here in the fall?

My neighbor has this problem, those Hollyhocks are wild the way they can grow_ sometimes 8 feet tall.
No help, but good luck!

I don't know what a holly hock is, but if you go to jail for killing it, I will bake you a cake with a file in it! :teeth:

Mine grow everywhere too, they aren't the real tall ones, they are french mallow, purple and white. I've noticed even hummingbirds going on them to feed, I sort of let them go wild, they are in my backyard. However, I know what you mean, they even grow between the concrete!

The friend who gave them to me, reports that she doesn't have them any more, they just became less hardy. In fact, she's asked me for more seeds. So, hopefully, for you, that will happen.

Bobbi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter