"Killing time" attractions and things to do

cdurham1

Most magical at the most magical place on Earth
DVC Platinum
By park, what attractions or general things to do are great for killing 20 to 30 minutes?

I sometimes find we have an odd amount of time between fastpasses or events.

Looking for tips as simple as where to sit in the shade to watch people to going into a particularly cool shop all the way to "run over and stand in line for x and you will have time to get back."

Epcot France Pavilion. The film Impressions de France is not only a good 20 minutes to kill, as you say, but is also entertaining and a welcome rest as you can sit back and enjoy the air conditioning and even kick off your shoes for a bit.

By park, what attractions or general things to do are great for killing 20 to 30 minutes?

I sometimes find we have an odd amount of time between fastpasses or events.

Looking for tips as simple as where to sit in the shade to watch people to going into a particularly cool shop all the way to "run over and stand in line for x and you will have time to get back."

For me, I like Hall of Presidents in MK and the American Pavilion in Epcot. Both of these have a great amount of space and interesting things to look at in the lobby before the show. If you arrive 30 minutes or so before the shows, you can probably find a bench to sit on. Also in Epcot, the Mexico Pavilion because its simply a great atmosphere inside. Not sure if there is seating for just a rest though.

In Epcot, it's a bit of a challenge because you FP's may be in the Futureworld area and another in the WS area. No sense wearing yourself out getting to a rest stop only to backtrack.

I love to sit and "take in the moment" anywhere on the WDW property. Seeing other people enjoying their time on vacation makes me happy too!

MK:
Carousel of Progress
Peoplemover
Hall of Presidents

EP:
Living with the Land
China (lots of seating in the waiting area for the movie)

DHS:
Star Wars Launch Bay

AK:
Nomad Lounge (we usually wind up spending a good hour or two here)

MK: Philharmagic (we were both raised on the Renaissance movies, so if you don't adore them, YMMV) & people-watching from Pinocchio's
EP: The Seas with Nemo and Friends - a cute attraction with a view of real animals at the end.
HS: Mourn the loss of GMR & hang out in SW Launch Bay
AK: There's a few shaded animal viewing spots, I believe there's one near the front side of the ToL, but I could be remembering wrong.

MK - Haunted Mansion, Carousel of Progress, people Mover, Mickey's Philharmagic, It's A Small World, Monster's Inc Laugh Floor

EP - Mexico- Grand Fiesta Tour, Figment, PIXAR Short Films, Movies in the Round at China, France, and Canada

MK: We like to sit in the rocking chairs on the porch between HOP and the building where the Muppets show goes on. It is set back and a good place to rest and people watch.
E: Behind England in their garden area. So relaxing and peaceful with nice benches.
AK: Nemo or Lion King are nice for a cool rest and great shows!
HS: Along the Main Street going to TOT, don't remember the name? Indiana Jones pavilion, still love that show, and Sci-Fi restaurant. We just relax and watch the cheesy movies in a cool place. Love the atmosphere and the food is good too:)

Pressed pennies, trade pins, Tom Sawyer island

I was very impressed with the shows (hall of presidents, country bear jamboree, carousel of progress) on our first trip. We used them as time wasters but it was actually a highlight for me.

At DHS on Thursday, DH and I watched the Walt Disney movie in One Man's Dream twice while waiting on our Toy Story Mania fast pass time. It was hot and humid Thursday and we find the movie very interesting. The theater is never very full and the CM's did not mind at all. Worked out great for us :)

Perfect! My daughter is 7. :-) Some of her favorites:

MK: shopping in the Christmas shop, the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse, the tiki birds, Tom Sawyer’s Island, the play area by the Splash Mountain exit, Carousel of Progress and People Mover, the shop by PotC exit, Sorcerers of the MK and Pirate’s Adventure.

EP: Club Cool (but I think it’s gone now?), Three Caballeros and shopping in the Mexico pavilion, shopping in the Christmas shop in the Germany pavilion, getting face painted in the African area, pick-a-pearl in Japan, ice cream in France, the aquarium by Nemo.

HS: this one’s a bit harder, but walking through Walt Disney Presents, the shop by the Star Tours exit, the Christmas Shop and all the shops on Hollywood Blvd.

AK: the Boneyard play area, the oasis exhibits and the whole area around the tree of life, getting a hair wrap (outside the Island Mercantile), standing on the bridge between EE and Dinoland and watching the floats come out for RoL.

In Epcot I like to do the Pixar show or the Figment ride. Club Cool is another good one in Epcot.
In MK we do Philharmagic You generally only have to wait until the next show starts, rarely a real line. When the train is running, we used to like to hop on the train and take a ride around MK>
IN DHS we go to Launch Bay and wonder around.

Wondering around in any store is a good time killer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter