Kim's new and improved life journal!

:cool1: Too funny...we have to get out of Jersey to meet up!!!!

I'm so excited for you. We're all going to be running the 5K. HOW COOL!!!!!

I hope that you're feeling better soon. Sorry about the setback :(. :hug:

Hootie-hoo!

Well, sorry to hear about your "side effects" cause that sounds like a real bummer. Very exciting that you will be at Minnie Weekend and we might even get to actually meet up. Not that you said anything about that.....so are you staying over at Universal?

I know you're eager to get back to the running - hopefully things will settle down for you very soon. Sometimes those abdominal-type surgeries take a lot more to recover from than you'd wish. You've got plenty of time to get in 5K condition, though. How fun to get to run it with your DH - that will be an amazing-cool experience, I'm sure!

Thanks, my running gurus! :)

I'm fine. Just a case of "I'm feeling good, so I must be able to do/lift anything I want" syndrome. Silly me.

I'll be back out there VERY soon. I'm really looking forward to it!

So, what do you think....3 days/week of Pilates along with the 3 days/week of c25k? Obviously it's more than I've been doing in a while...but does that sound reasonable? :confused3

Wow....you really are an inspiration for me!!
Not only do I want to start back running, I even want to do Pilates, and I don't even know what the heck they are!!!

Keep up the great work girl!!
mariere

woopsie... I meant that I'm running with BIL. :goodvibes I'm sure I'll be able to complete the 5k, but hopefully won't completely embarass myself. :rolleyes:

Corinna - HEY!! So glad I'll be able to see ya! Unfortunately I'm not gonna have a whole lot of time to hang out with all of you since I'm kind of squeezing in this race during a Universal trip for DH - but I'm taking the time out to run in WDW. How could I NOT? Hopefully I'll have some time afterwards to at least get a hug from you guys and a pic or two!!

Marie - hop in the car and join us, won'tcha? pleeeeeeeeeeeease?

ugh, I have GOT to go to bed. Nite!

I ain't no one's guru! But it sounds like a lot to start off with to me. A lot of days, that is. You don't want to hit yourself too hard right out of the gate and then, you know, be all bruised and miserable. Could you start with maybe 3 days of c25k and plan for 2 days of pilates and 2 days of rest, then add in that 3rd pilates day at some point?

Un......controllably....Channeling.....guru.....vibes........

"Recovery is just as important as the workout. Don't skimp on recovery."

Whew - I don't know what came over me. It was like having John "The Penguin" Bingham whispering into my ear. Did anyone else hear that??:confused3

woopsie... I meant that I'm running with BIL. :goodvibes I'm sure I'll be able to complete the 5k, but hopefully won't completely embarass myself. :rolleyes:

:lmao: It was a classic case of a glossed over pronoun antecedent! Crazy. I guess your BIL will be nice to run with as well. I hear you on squeezing it in. That Saturday is supposed to be the Animal Kingdom day my DH missed out on in November. But the race is at 7 - It really shouldn't ruin the Animal Kingdom morning if I come over and spectate a little. That run through Epcot looks like a super-fun 5K route.

Sleep tight!

Howdy Kimmy! So sorry to head about the umm side effects... yuk! Hope you're feeling better today! I hope to get to meet you at the 5K!

I love your plan! Sounds great! I have the Pilates for Dummies DVD too. It's really good. I've only done it a few times, but hope to add it into my routine, once it actually becomes a routine! ha! :goodvibes

I can guarantee you that if I did not embarass myself during this last 5K... You by far will not!! It will be a walk in the park, um, I mean a walk around the world! ;)

Hope you have a good afternoon! Keep up that "go get 'em" attitude! I can really feel in your words that you are ready to get out there and get moving!

Stacie

Very cool that this is gonna work out!!

How long are you going to be in Universal for?? I guess it's convenient that the race is early in the morning so it won't mess up your plans too much :)

Hope all is well :goodvibes:

Hey guys. Feeling better today. Seems that the "aftermath" is getting better. :rolleyes: As long as we don't have ice on the ground again tomorrow, I might head out for w1d1 of c25k. As long as I haven't lost everything I had (in my running abilities), I'm hoping to do 2 days of week 1 and see how week 2 feels after that. :thumbsup2

Marie - I'm certainly not the one that should be defining pilates - but for me, so far, it's strecthing, controlled movements. And it's TOUGH!!!

Guru Corinna - (yes you ARE) - I think you're right. For now, I'll shoot for 3 days of run/walking and 2 days of pilates. Thank you for that kick in the rear. I think I'm just tired of doing nothing for so long that I want to do so much. But I need to be smart about it considering my recent surgery. :thumbsup2

Stacie - I am SOOOOOOOOOOO ready to get out there! :yay:

Amy - Yeah, that's too freakin funny that us two Jersey girls have to go all the way to Florida to meet! :laughing:

Scott - We will be in Universal from Thursday 5/1 through 5/5! :woohoo: The last time DH and I were there, we had no kids and IoA was being constructed! :eek: So we're due!

For those of us that will be at the Minnie weekend, I'll have to get some cell #'s so I can meet up with you in the short time I'll be there! :goodvibes

Anyone know what time we'd need to get there for the 7am race?

Scott - any bling available for just the 5k runners? :rolleyes1

Will I need to pick up any "stuff" the day before the race? (not sure how I'll swing that)

Thanks for any info!!!

Kim, Sorry to answer your questions for everyone. I have just studied up on the 5K. There IS packet pick-up on raceday: 6-7am. The race is chipped (they provide them and take them back at the end) and there IS a medal. In past years, it has featured a swishy red dress, I believe. Sorry to say, there is no Minnie on the Go Red 5K medals. :sad2: You can see a photo of the medal if you scroll down this bunch of adorable photos. They don't have an award ceremony for us regular people - they just put the medal on you when you finish, on your way out the "chute."

Glad you are going to go easier on yourself. I'm going to have to try this Pilates disk - it's so popular!

No, Kim. YOU'RE the best.

As long as I'm not "da man," I guess it's OK, though. I put in a link in that last post for you, which is maybe the clumsy way.

This is the straighforward way.
http://disneyrunning.com/07minniephotolk.html

P.S. I'm so glad you're feeling better today. Don't worry - you won't have lost everything. The aerobic stuff is evidently the first to go, but it will come back quickly for you, I'm sure. Have fun!

Hi Kim :)

So cool about IOA...you are going to LOVE it!! It's one of the best themed parks I've ever seen. Don't miss Hulk, Dueling Dragons or Spiderman (my 3 faves there) and Mythos is consistently the top rated theme park restraunt in the country..love it there!!

Corinna nailed the 5k questions, but I am concerned about one thing....I didn't see on the official site that there was race day packet pickup. Disney usually doesn't do this...not saying they aren't this year...just maybe something to double check. (not trying to cause a fuss Corinna!! I just didn't see that info posted :goodvibes: )

IF..big IF...there isn't race day pickup, you'd have to hit the expo at some point between 12-7 on Friday. Should be a real quick process though, and easy to get in and out since it's at the Wide World of Sports complex.

Hope all is well!

Scott! Oh, the nerve! :laughing:

I believe the packet pick up info is in the registration process, not on Disney's own site. Whether that makes it less reliable, I don't know. Here's what it says, though, when you click on the button to register:
Packet Pickup:
Friday, May 2, 2008
Disney's Minnie Marathon Weekend Expo
Disney's Wide World of Sports® Complex from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.

Race Day, Saturday, May 3, 2008
Epcot® Imagine Lot from 6 a.m. to 7 a.m.

All runners are required to personally pick up their own race packet.

Kind of tricky of them to hide it in the registration, really.

It's odd because at TOT, they explicitly said there would be NO race day packet pick up, and then there WAS. SO that was weird. Nice, but weird. But that was a weird race and they seemed to dissemble on everything including the start time. Now that I write this, I think - oh, if they were wrong about packet pick up at ToT on the website, what if it's wrong in the other direction for this race! I'm going to give Kim a complex!:hug:

Ahhhhhh :) Thanks for clearing that up Corinna!! Good to know that there is packet pickup the same day...works great for the Kimmer and helps me out if something comes up Friday and we can't make it to the expo. THANKS!!

ToT was new so maybe that's why it was a little disorganized :confused3 I saw your report on it and it looked like a super cool race for sure! Congrats on all your success with running :)

Sorry to hijack your journal Kim....you can have it back now :rotfl:

Hi, Kim. SO glad you are feeling better and SUPER EXCITED you are running the 5K in May! Stacie has convinced me that I can do it, too, so I am training with the C25K program now and am keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to complete it. Hope we get to say hi while we're there!

Please go slowly, though - let yourself heal. I know it is hard to be patient, but it is worth it in the end. Let us know how it's going in your new journal!

Hope you have a great weekend!

Susan

Scott, thanks! You're going to make me blush. It's been a good year and I'm glad you enjoyed my RR. (Sorry, Kim! Detour officially over!)

Happy Friday, Kim! Have a great weekend!

Never apologize for "talking" amongst yourselves here in my journal. I love it! :goodvibes

Feeling a bit better, guys. I'm feeling like a whiner lately - but hopefully this is the last of it.

I plan on pilates again tonight or tomorrow. :thumbsup2 My abs have been hurtin' ever since my last session. :laughing:

Hi Woman,

I am glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better. Congrats on signing up for the race. I would love to do an event at WDW sometime. It isn't in the cards this year though.

I've caught the pilates bug too. I could barely move without groaning today.:lmao:

Have a good weekend,
Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter