King Charles Coronation

Caster sugar is slightly finer then 'granulated sugar' typically sold here in the USA. Buying a specific type of sugar you likely won't use very often doesn't seem worth it. For the type of dessert being described here, I don't really think it makes that much of a difference. For something like a cake frosting, you would use confectioner's sugar and wouldn't substitute since the result would be too gritty. For most other desserts involving baking, I would use the regular sugar you likely already have at home.
C&H Sugar sells a "Bakers Sugar" which is superfine. I use it to make strawberry freezer jam because regular granulated sugar is too grainy and makes the jam taste gritty. Anyway, it's available in my regular grocery store and Amazon (which also carries a brand of superfine.)

Another traditional English food item to have at "tea time" is the sausage roll.
They are sausage meat encased in puff pastry. Some people ( like my Mum) make their own, but I just buy the frozen ones to bake at home View attachment 734375
I love Sausage Rolls. Growing up it was our Christmas morning meal with scrambled eggs after the opening the 🎁. My Parents &/or Grandparents would drive to a Scottish Bakery in North Jersey to get them & others items. .Meat Pies were the Christmas Eve dinner.
Maybe we will have meat pies for dinner over Coronation weekend.

That's a great idea.
My kitties do not like pet bowls. I use slightly chipped or orphaned cups and saucers for their food and water dishes. It works and they know, which cup and saucer belongs to who. They are very bright but spoiled rotten. 😊

Now I've shown my crazy cat lady side🤦🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
My extended family is all available to do a Coronation Celebration that weekend. Now busy looking over all your recipes. The cake will be perfect because the 5th is two of their birthdays! I'm now shopping for some decor and props, gonna print out each families family crests ... have my fancy tea china. 🫖

My extended family is all available to do a Coronation Celebration that weekend. Now busy looking over all your recipes. The cake will be perfect because the 5th is two of their birthdays! I'm now shopping for some decor and props, gonna print out each families family crests ... have my fancy tea china. 🫖
Sounds like a lot of fun

I should set up a food shipping company to all of you wanting British food for the coronation :rotfl2:
The British Corner Shop is our favorite (I mean favourite)!

For menu planning and recipes. Chef Darren McGrady is a great resource. He was one of the Queen's chefs and then worked for Princess Diana until her death. His website with links to youtube videos - https://theroyalchef.com/

Some other fun/interesting news bits, for the coronation a pharmacist is making an ointment for months, based on the Bible. Never thought of this as part of the process.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/royals/king-charles-coronation-oil-secretly-29199622recipe

There are 2 veterans who were on duty during the Queen's coronation, they have asked to be part of Charles' ceremony in someway or at least invited. https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1733700/king-coronation-veterans-queen-coronation-video

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter