Kingdom Tower DVC at the Contemporary (Orlando Sentinel 2/26/08)

i like kingdom ok. i do think the name should have something to do with the magic kingdom. maybe cinderella's villa, or castle villas. :cloud9:

i have a feeling the sales will probably start in late fall 08. that way all the christmas visitors will have viewing chances while at wdw. makes a great christmas gift for the family. :santa: but that is probably not correct seeing how much more construction it will take before any one can stay on the property.

wishfull thinking!:goodvibes

still want the Disney Towers!!!

or Disney's Magical Towers....

Kingdom is okay - but sure wish the tie in to the MK was better.

I don't really like the name. I wish they had used the CRV name we had all thought it would be. Still, whatever the name I'll still want to add on there. Marie

I am fairly sure that Kingdom Towers is just the "construction" name. When they are ready to sell, they will have a splashy announcement...with the real name. :goodvibes

i like kingdom ok. i do think the name should have something to do with the magic kingdom. maybe cinderella's villa, or castle villas. :cloud9:

I like Kingdom Towers but I really like Castle Villas as suggested above.:goodvibes I'm thinking it still could be Contemporary Resort Villas but the building would be Kingdom Towers. Kinda like Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village. We all use AKV not KV. Could it work that way? :idea:

New picture show the struts being installed on the pylons leading to the new building at the 4th floor height apparently for the walkway. The pylon’s tops seem to be 7-8 stories tall. Anyone have any thoughts why so high. Seems very high unless they are installing a very high slop roof.

bookwormde

There are lots of different factors that will affect resale SSR prices - some pushing prices higher, some lower.

Thanks for the post - interesting things to consider!

disney controls the resale price - that is what ROFR is all about.

that say think long and hard about selling your SSR to buy KT@cr.

you won't get enough out of the SSR sale to turn around and buy the same amount of points at KT. so either live with less points or expect to pay more money.

expecting KT to start at $110 maybe even higher.

did you buy SSR because you loved the place? or because that was all your guide was telling you DVC was selling at the time?

We would expect to basically "take a loss" on an SSR sale / KT purchase. My thinking is that KT will be very popular and the 11-mo. window could be really important. Maybe I'm wrong? I have been told that BCV and VWL would be difficult for a 2-br each of the times I've booked at 7-mo. window and yet had no problem - maybe just luck, though.

We bought SSR at the time because 1) an offer to double our points for the first year (i.e. they gave us all 2005 as well as 2006 points when we bought), 2) the later "expiration" date for SSR, 3) we had no really strong preference for any DVC resort, and KT wasn't built yet!! ;) We like SSR, but are not "in love" with it. We have young kids and are more interested in staying closer to the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter