Kites at Aulani

juncker

Mickey Mouse for President
We’re headed to Aulani in October 2014. We’ve never been to Hawaii, but I’ve heard that it is often very windy there. I was thinking that a fun thing to do would be to find somewhere to buy a kite and fly it. This leads me to my questions:

1) Does anyone have any recommendations on where to buy a good kite on Oahu? I’m not looking for a professional kite, but something a little more than the cheap dime store variety. I’m sure that a place like Target would have them, but how about a good Toy or Kite store?

2) Are there any good places for flying kites? Would the beach at Aulani be good enough?

Let me know if you have any kite experiences in Aulani. It would be greatly appreciated. Thx

It can be windy there so we brought along a small kite and our kids loved it. We were there over Thanksgiving so not sure how windy it is in October. There's a Costco nearby and they carry these kites:

http://www.amazon.com/X-Kites-80865...d_sim_t_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0FF47NFD7VC9PQAASRMA

There's a number if different designs, but we have the butterfly. I think we paid around $13.00. You might want to call ahead and see if they carry them at the store in Hawaii before you go. It may only be a seasonal item. Good luck! Frankly, we had a fun time with the kites, but the kids really just wanted to spend time in the pool. :rotfl:

We saw some kites for sale in the ABC store across from Aulani. Didn't buy one and didn't see anyone flying them. May be a seasonal thing to do???

We travel to Hawaii quite a bit and I always bring a couple of cheap kites from the dollar store and then give them away at the end of the trip. They travel well, are easy to pack and very light. Some of our kids best memories have been made flying kites on the beach in Hawaii.

Do you think the beach at Aulani would allow the kites? I am thinking yes but I don't want to take them and get the kids excited about it and then not be able to fly them.

I think there are a few beaches within a very short walking distance of the Aulani beach so you might have options if they wouldnt let you but I cannot see why they wouldnt. I would call or email to make sure though

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter