Kona Cafe Breakfast?

cd&kids

DIS Veteran
Okay...I've been drooling for Tonga Toast and Press Pot coffee for months since planning our trip for next week. But between my wife and I and three kids, we don't plan on getting 5 orders of Tonga Toast!
Has anyone eaten there and can recommend something other than that? Or is it essentially the same kind of breakfast you can get anywhere...with the one stand-out meal of Tonga Toast?
Thanks!!

No SPAM Masubi? That's an outrage!

Might have to check that place out. We'll be offsite and a lazy vacation, so we might not get around to it...

My kids got pancakes--three pancakes placed on the plate to look like mickey with candies for the eyes. My husband got a very good omelette and I got the tonga toast. While I loved the toast, everyone else thought it was way too sweet. Enjoy!

My dd didn't have Tonga Toast. SHe had something more normal but I just can't remember what it was. Maybe choc. chip Mickey pancakes?? Anyway, you can always split the Tonga Toast. I'm a pretty good eater but I couldn't finish mine!! Have fun. It's a great restuarant.

Ooooooo...I miss spam musubi! Don't get much of it here in Michigan...

They need to serve Portuguese sausage at the Kona...

Slightly OT, but the menus I've seen for the luau don't include kahlua pork or poi?

DH and I love the Tonga Toast, but it's a pretty sweet - definitely no need for syrup! Usually one of us orders that and the other orders Eggs Benedict and we split them. Our kids are usually happy with the Mickey pancakes.

My wife and myself just came back from our WDW trip and we ate at Kona for breakfast quite a few times on this trip. We would order the Tonga Toast and a fruit cup and then split them between us. We also split there omelet a few times, we always order our omelet made from egg beaters and they were very good. Don't forget the wonderful Kona coffee they serve, the best anywhere at Disney that I have found.

I had french toast a few years back and it was very good. I can never make it that good when I do it at home, so I tend to order it out for breakfast when we go to WDW or IHOP here at home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter