Kona Cafe?

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
On out off day from the parks on our trip next month we'd like to try the Knoa cafe for their Tonga Toast ive read so much about it here.

anyways do we need or do they even take PS for breakfast

thanks

I would. Everytime we've gone we've made a PS and didn' regret it. Now, if you're going first thing in the morning like 7:30 - 8:00 I probably wouldn't worry about it. You're going to LOVE the Tonga Toast!! It's wonderful!

Just a side note, Kona Cafe is wonderful for dinner also. We had a PS at California Grill and it was cancelled because a water pipe burst at the Contempory. My DH made a quick PS for dinner, I knew it couldn't compare to CG, I was acting like a 2 yr old :rolleyes: but the food was wonderful!

Hi Marisa'sMom :wave2:

Can you tell me what you ordered at Kona for dinner?

We have a PS for dinner there next week Tuesday!! I booked it because I wanted to try a few different restaurants this trip, plus I have heard the desserts are AWESOME!!

Thanks so much!
Chris

We always book our PS at Kona for breakfast or dinner asap. However, DH always laughs at me because its usually empty when we are there. Only once, dinner during Christmas week, did we see it crowded.
With that said, I will continue to make PSs when I want to eat there because I wouldnt want to chance missing out. ;) It really is a great restaurant.

I would make a ps, just in case. You never know.

Tonga toast is wonderful.

I made a PS for breakfast the first week of Dec and we were the only ones there too :) i'd rather be safe than sorry

btw - just my .02 -- tonga toast was good - but very heavy. depending on how you are used to eating. next time we'll order one tonga toast for 4 adults to all nibble on and get the taste of it and something else for sustenance. Our table of 7 adults and 2 children all split a fruit plate and it was awesome! coming from ohio in the winter we were all so very pleased with the freshness of it. My youngest DD ordered pancakes and was delighted it was to get a plate of three pancakes in a mickey arrangment with a bacon smile. I have some pics if you'd like to see them, PM me your email.

we stayed at the Polynesian Thanksgiving 2002 and never made a PS for breakfast. We ate there just about every morning and never had more than a 5 minute wait.

I've seen a line, but only once, maybe in February. I would do it just to be safe.

We have to get a Tonga Toast fixeach trip, so we always make a PS. Better safe than sorry.

I had eaten there for dinner a while ago not long after the last renovation actually. It was very nice, good food great cervice,

WE always do Kona for breakfast each trip-never made a PS and never more than a few minutes wait, most times we are seated immediately. AT beakfast, table turnover is usually quicker than at dinner, so even if it seems crowded, it clears pretty fast--.
Every now and then as we walk in the Poly, we see a huge crowd outside Kona and go "Oh no!!". But when we get up there, we find it's mostly families waiting to get into the character bkfst at O'hana.

For dinner at Kona, I've had the mahi-mahi and it was very good! My daughter and I split a caesar salad, the mahi-mahi and the banana creme brulee -- plenty for both of us (adults) and they didn't bat an eye about us splitting it all.

Originally posted by swandiverpatt
For dinner at Kona, I've had the mahi-mahi and it was very good!

Thankyou swandiverpatt !!

We will be on the silver plan, so we intend to splurge at every meal :teeth:
I'm looking at the Beef Terriaki, but your suggesstion of the Mahi sounds great to! Oh dilemmas, LOL

Chris

You're in for a treat - Tonga Toast is to die for. However, my DH and I usually split it as it is very rich and we can never finish one on our own. You get a choice of bacon or sausage with it. Two pieces. We get one bacon and one sausage. :-)

Anyway - it's yummy. And you must order the fresh pineapple juice. Again, it's real rich so we split it.

We don't, however, share coffee. I'll kill without my kona coffee.

I would make a PS if I were you. Quite often we go and it's not been necessary. However, at times it is quite crowded. Just to be safe, I'd make the ressie, especially if you're a late riser and will be going during prime breakfast hours which I consider to be 8:00 - 9:00. We go earlier or later.

PamNC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter