• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Kristi and Brian's Wedding **New Plans!**

KristiLyn

Fab Five Member!
Hi everyone!

I've been posting for awhile so I thought I'd go ahead and write one of these :)
My name is Kristi and my fiance's name is Brian. We are both 28 and from Baton Rouge.
Brian and I have been going to school together since the 7th grade. We really didn't know each other very well all throughout school. 9 years later, we became "facebook friends" and started talking. Yep, we are kinda nerds :)
One night we decided to meet up. It was amazing from the very beginning. We talked for hours like we had known each other our entire lives. 3 weeks later, we planned a little beach trip. IT WAS AMAZING. We both say, it was from that trip that we knew we couldn't live without each other. Yeah, it was only a short time but everything just felt natural. 3 months later, the first week of June, we planned our first Disney trip together. We are both HUGE Disney fans and had a great time.
Our second Disney trip was a year later, in May 2009. This was the trip that we got engaged. I had kind of suspected it from the beginning. He was acting rather nervous. We got on one of our favorite rides, the tower of terror. Right before the biggest drop, he gave me the ring. I couldn't even say yes, all I could say was... "oh my gosh, dont drop it!!" It was cute, we got a picture of it all from the attraction photo.
So now its the big year! Naturally, we are getting married at Disney. We know alot of people wont be able to make the trip due to the distance, etc. But it's ok! We are getting married at the Swan and Dolphin September 25th of THIS YEAR! (feels wonderful to say!) We have our floral, officiant, cake, and my hair and makeup included in our package so far. I have my dress already and I love it!
I'm so impatient, I can't wait for everything to be planned already! Will update as we go!

***** If you are Brian, do NOT read any further*****

Here's a couple of engagement pics of Brian and I:
IMG_7860-2.jpg

IMG_7990-1.jpg

Our Disney engagement trip:
850.jpg

Congrats! Love the engagement story! That's so cute :lovestruc
It does feel great to say "this year" now, doesn't it?! :banana:

Great engagement pics too! And your ring is beautiful.

PS. I LOVE NOLA and miss it so much. Say hello to it for me :goodvibes

Welcome and congrats! We have very similar stories. My fiancee and I also went to school together and connected after as facebook friends!

Can't wait to see all your plans.

Congrats, what a beautiful dress! I'm planning a S/D VR for 2012 so I'll be excitedly following your PJ. :goodvibes

Thought I'd post the S&D prices in case someone needed them :)

The Swan’s base site fee of $1,595 (inclusive of tax) includes the exclusive ceremony site reservation, the services of a professional coordinator (to book your package services, liaise with vendors, and coordinate the ceremony), seating for your guests, a guaranteed indoor rain backup (if needed), a water station set up at the ceremony site, and the use of a hospitality suite on the day of the wedding (if available).

Enhancements:

OFFICIANT, $150

FLORAL/DÉCOR (all floral used in the ceremony can be repurposed for your reception as centerpieces or other table arrangements):
Bride’s bouquet (ranges from $100 up depending upon floral desired)
Grooms’ boutonniere (ranges from $8.95 up depending on floral and accent desired)
Additional boutonnieres (range from $8.95 up depending on floral and accent desired)
Bridesmaid bouquets (range from $55 up depending on floral desired)
Mother’s corsages (range from $19 up depending on floral desired)
Flower girl baskets with fresh petals, $40 each
Flower girl halos, $50 each
Flower girl pomander balls, $60 each
Swan arch rental, $100
Large floral center spray for the Swan arch (starts at $150 depending on floral desired)
Two smaller sprays for the Swan arch (start at $95 each, depending on the floral desired)
Two pedestals, rented, $35 per pair
Two arrangements to top the pedestals (start at $150 each, depending on the floral desired)
Ceremony aisle chair floral (range from $30 each depending on floral, size and design)
Standard white or ivory aisle runner, $40
Fresh rose petals for the aisle from $50 for moderate coverage
Unity candle with stand rental OR Sand Ceremony kit and fresh floral, $100
Reception centerpieces, (range from $60 up depending on floral and style)
DELIVERY AND SETUP FEES DETERMINED BY ORDER ($25 and up)

PHOTOGRAPHY (all packages include the photographer’s time and in-studio editing of the photos):
a. One-hour package to include the services of a professional photographer, 4x6 prints of all photos taken, and a CD containing high-resolution images to make reprints, $495
b. One-hour package with a CD ONLY, $395
c. Two-hour package to include the services of a professional photographer, 4x6 prints of all photos taken, and a CD containing high-resolution images to make reprints, $695
d. Two-hour package with a CD ONLY, $595
e. Three-hour package to include the services of a professional photographer, 4x6 prints of all photos taken, and a CD containing high-resolution images to make reprints, $895
f. Three-hour package with a CD ONLY, $795
g. Four-hour package to include the services of a professional photographer, 4x6 prints of all photos taken, and a CD containing high-resolution images to make reprints, $995
h. Four-hour package with a CD ONLY, $895

VIDEOGRAPHY (all packages include the videographer’s time, in-studio editing of the footage set to music of your choosing, and one copy of the edited wedding DVD):

- One hour, $375
- Two hours, $575
- Three hours, $700
- Four hours, $825

MUSICIANS:
- Solo violinist or flautist: $225 for one hour
- Solo guitarist or keyboardist: $350 for one hour
- Solo harpist: $400 for one hour
- Solo steel drummer: $495 for one hour
- DJ services: $1,100 for four hours
- Other musicians can be priced out as requested

WEDDING CAKE (below are descriptions of the Swan’s three standard options, photos attached…but we can price out custom cakes, as well):
Classic Harmony Cake: White sponge cake with Swiss white chocolate mousse filling and fresh strawberries with white buttercream frosting.
Chocolate Dream Cake (Chocolate Flower Topper is available for $25 upgrade): Chocolate Lady Finger sponge cake, chocolate mousse layers with dark chocolate velvet frosting.
Exotic Orange Cake (May be ordered in any colors EXCEPT dark colors): Orange sponge cake soaked in orange zest, layered exotic mousse (passion fruit and mango) and colored fondant frosting.
- Intimate Two-tier to serve up to 19 guests, $139.19 (includes services of a Swan waitstaff to cut and serve as well as plating and cutlery)
- Medium Two-tier to serve up to 29 guests, $261.99 (includes services of a Swan waitstaff to cut and serve as well as plating and cutlery)
- Large Three-tier to serve up to 45 guests, $425.74 (includes services of a Swan waitstaff to cut and serve as well as plating and cutlery)

HAIR AND MAKEUP STYLING SERVICES (provided on-site at your location):
a. Hair and Makeup for the Bride on the wedding day, $215
b. Trial Run for Bride’s Hair and Makeup, $95
c. Hair and Makeup for Additional persons on the wedding day, $175 each
d. Hair OR Makeup for Additional persons on the wedding day, $110 each
e. Flower girl’s hair, $40
f. False eyelashes, $15
g. Eyebrow shaping, $15
h. Airbrushed makeup, $45 additional
i. Nail polish change, $20
j. Flat travel fee of $25

WARDROBE SERVICES (provided at your location):
a. Bridal gown steaming with free veil steaming, $95 and up depending upon gown style and fabric
b. Tuxedo rentals (includes on-site fittings, delivery and pickup), $140 each

Our Location:
sdwc.png

We opted for the West Courtyard since we are having a small ceremony. Our ceremony is at 6:30 p.m. :)

We are still working out the details for after. We were thinking of doing something fun, such as hoop de doo. But I'm terrified of being called out :laughing:

Other than that, we were thinking of California Grill. I think thats a nice place since you can go outside and view the fireworks after. The only problem is that Mickey's Halloween Party would be going on, so I'm not sure what time or if they would be doing the fireworks.

Brian is working on our Save the Dates as well as our website. I'll post them when they are done! We decided to just do Save the Dates instead of formal invitations.

Still working on all the details!

Hey
Great to see all your plans are coming along nicely!!
Great location (same as mine). You obviously have exquisite taste :lmao:
Fireworks will definately be on at MNSSHP but will obviously be halloween/spooky themed and I don't know what time they will be.
Cali Grill would be great for your reception meal IMHO
Can't wait to hear the rest of your plans!!

Hi everyone!

I've been posting for awhile so I thought I'd go ahead and write one of these :)
My name is Kristi and my fiance's name is Brian. We are both 28 and from Baton Rouge.
Brian and I have been going to school together since the 7th grade. We really didn't know each other very well all throughout school. 9 years later, we became "facebook friends" and started talking. Yep, we are kinda nerds :)
One night we decided to meet up. It was amazing from the very beginning. We talked for hours like we had known each other our entire lives. 3 weeks later, we planned a little beach trip. IT WAS AMAZING. We both say, it was from that trip that we knew we couldn't live without each other. Yeah, it was only a short time but everything just felt natural. 3 months later, the first week of June, we planned our first Disney trip together. We are both HUGE Disney fans and had a great time.
Our second Disney trip was a year later, in May 2009. This was the trip that we got engaged. I had kind of suspected it from the beginning. He was acting rather nervous. We got on one of our favorite rides, the tower of terror. Right before the biggest drop, he gave me the ring. I couldn't even say yes, all I could say was... "oh my gosh, dont drop it!!" It was cute, we got a picture of it all from the attraction photo.
So now its the big year! Naturally, we are getting married at Disney. We know alot of people wont be able to make the trip due to the distance, etc. But this has always been a dream of mine. We are getting married at the Swan and Dolphin September 25th of THIS YEAR! (feels wonderful to say!) We have our floral, officiant, cake, and my hair and makeup included in our package so far. I have my dress already and I love it!
I'm so impatient, I can't wait for everything to be planned already! Will update as we go!

Here's a couple of engagement pics of Brian and I:
IMG_7860-2.jpg

IMG_7990-1.jpg

The ring:
bw3.jpg

Our Disney engagement trip:
850.jpg

My dress:
alfred-angelo-2106.jpg

Can I just say I LOVE your dress! =] I love Alfred Angelo.
Thanks for all of your advice with the whole dress thing. I think I'm definitely waiting until like end of March/April to go look for one. =]

Can I just say I LOVE your dress! =] I love Alfred Angelo.
Thanks for all of your advice with the whole dress thing. I think I'm definitely waiting until like end of March/April to go look for one. =]

Awww thanks! The picture doesn't really do it justice. From the moment I put it on, I knew there wouldn't be another dress that I would love more. I wanted something simple but elegant :)

I can't wait to see the dress you pick!!!

I love your engagement pics and your wedding dress is lovely, I have always been a fan of Alfred Angelo. Your ceremony site is very pretty it be nice to see a wedding done at the Swan I haven't seen too many on here. We thought about doing our wedding there too :)

So I've made quite a bit of progress this weekend! I've been stressing myself out lately trying to make decisions, and driving Brian crazy! :upsidedow
First, our save the dates/invitations. This was actually mostly Brian's idea. I'm so proud of him:flower3: Since we LOVE the tower of terror (where we got engaged), this will be the theme for them. We will have informal invitations on some sort of tower of terror stationary he is designing, and have a room key (like for the tower of terror hotel) with our names, date, and website. Since we have a good bit of friends and family and most of them can't make the trip, all of our details will be on our website. This seemed to make the most sense, because what's the point in sending out expensive invitations/itineraries when we know only about 20 of them will be able to go :confused3 This way, nobody will be left out of getting them and we aren't spending a ton of money on the invites :) He says they will be completed by the end of the month! Cant wait to see them!

Next, shoes. So I've found that this was the hardest thing to do so far. I wanted something comfortable, but NOTHING matches my dress. My dress is more modern, and finding anything to match it that I wanted to wear was near impossible. But I did decide on these:
SHOE.jpg

Comfortable but still matches the beading of the dress. Sort of.... Brian will be wearing converse as well. I guess we have to put our own little touches on things like this :)

Hair. So I knew I wanted my hair down. I decided on something like this:
beauty_hair_4_m.jpg

I'm still searching for some sort of hair piece. I'm not crazy about tiara's, and I need something to match the beading of my dress. All suggestions are welcome here ;)

Dinner. So we've narrowed it down to Raglan Road (which we are leaning more towards), California Grill, and O'hana. We were originally going to have cake after the ceremony and then all go to dinner, but this seems backwards. So I'm in the processing of doing a little research as to which of these restaurants will allow a cake after dinner. Definately doing some sort of two tiered cake :)

Oh oh, I almost forgot. Another lovely bride, Jenifer, is making our cake topper. I'm super excited about these! Brian and I collect the vinylmations, and she is making us a bride and groom vinylmation cake topper! Can't wait to see it!!

Think that's all for now!!

So I think I've found what I want for my hair. I'm just hoping it wont be too big. I think because I'm wearing my hair down it should be fine though :)
Beaded-bridal-hair-flower.jpg

Seems like it will match my dress.

I'm absolutely in love with this kind of makeup. I think this is my inspiration...
vintagehair.jpg

I'm having one of my friends do it for me to make sure I like it, but I think I will. It's like nothing I ever do, and I WANT to look different on my wedding day :)

I love the shoes, and the flower and the makeup! I love the pinup look so I think it's all super cute!!!!

So I think I've found what I want for my hair. I'm just hoping it wont be too big. I think because I'm wearing my hair down it should be fine though :)
Beaded-bridal-hair-flower.jpg

Seems like it will match my dress.

I'm absolutely in love with this kind of makeup. I think this is my inspiration...
vintagehair.jpg

I'm having one of my friends do it for me to make sure I like it, but I think I will. It's like nothing I ever do, and I WANT to look different on my wedding day :)

I love the hair, so vintage chic :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter